Austin Energy

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Account Representative Interview

Senior Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Austin Energy in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online about 4 days before listed posting close date. I was contacted via phone the day before closing date to schedule a phone interview. First interview was about an hour of questions with a three person panel including the hiring supervisor. Questions were basic about experience in the field and utility experience. Not much detail was asked about why I personally wanted to join the company or selling the company to me. It also started with me being told no relocation reimbursement was allowed for the position.

I was contacted via email for a second and final interview about 3 days later. They called 15 minutes early knowing I have a job currently and pulling me away from a meeting. This interview was exhaustive with a panel of 5 people asking canned questions. It became clear during this interview that I was simply a placeholder finalist as the person for the position was likely an internal applicant or had some other personal relationship with the decision makers.

Once again I had to inquire about the offer timeline and was told they'd have a decision by next week. It's now been two weeks and I've heard literally nothing from them. I even emailed to admin. Person who set up the interview and she said she'd check with HR and get back to me. It's been a week and a half and I've heard nothing.

Not really a ver professional or respectful process.

Interview Question – Describe what your last supervisor would say you need to improve upon   Answer Question

Utility Analyst Interview

Utility Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Austin Energy.

Interview Details – Three person panel interview. Basic canned interview questions.

Interview Question – Name a difficult professional situation and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Austin Energy.

Interview Details – I was approached and asked to interview (via phone) for a position with the company through a 3rd party firm. I interviewed with the 3rd party over the phone and the person I interviewed with said I seemed a fit. The next step was to fill out a questionnaire, which would then go with my resume to the interviewers manager. I filled out the assessment (mostly a repeat of the phone interview) and was told that I would hear back, but never did

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Austin Energy in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted the on-line application, received a call 4-5 weeks later. Asked to report to their Barton Springs Rd. building for an interview. Had interview with the hiring manager V. Gonzalez and his contractor PM lead [?]. Questions were fine, but the hiring manager seemed very uptight. Kept looking at his watch, telling me how many minutes we had left (I did not go over at all on questions, so he wasn't trying to shut me up--I took it as him being very controlling). Clearly my questions to him he did not like (see below), and I knew when I left the room I would not be hearing back. But I wouldn't have accepted the offer anyway--at this stage in my career, a compatible boss is VERY important to me.

Interview Question – "How do you create a Work Breakdown Structure"   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Austin Energy in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is typically slow. The interview consisted of two HR supervisors and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you and your boss did not get along.   Answer Question

Collections Manager Interview

Collections Manager
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Austin Energy in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by panel of four managers and process managers. I got the feeling that they had already chosen their candidate and that this was simply formality. The questions were fairly standard and didn't feel like they would answer whether the candidate was actually qualified for the position. It was one of the shortest interviews that I have ever been in.

Interview Questions

• Please give examples of how you manage staff, and what methods you use to ensure that the job gets done.   Answer Question
  • Give examples of your experience as a collections manager, with specific experience in the area of utilities.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Austin Energy in May 2008.

Interview Details – Typical interview process

Interview Question – why city? or Austin Energy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very low paying compare to the power utility industry in general.

Compliance Director Interview

Compliance Director
Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Austin Energy in April 2010.

Interview Details – AE did a phone screen with a set list of questions you were given in advance. They chose a "short list" of candidates to bring in for a personal interview. The process was well organized and efficient. The interview panel was polite and friendly and showed an extremely high interest in my answers. The team was knowledgeable about the position and the needs of the company. I had a very positive impression of the company. Although I withdrew due to accepting another offer, i would have been inclined to accept had one been offered. On top of that, Austin is a great city.

Interview Question – What do you think will happen at FERC with regards to the Penalty Guidelines.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Austin Energy in July 2008.

Interview Details – You interview with one of the call center supervisors and then you are given a skills assessment which is a basic math test to make sure you can compute fractions. The interview consists of basic questions such as "tell us a time in which you were faced with a challenging customer service situation and how did you handle it?"

Interview Question – Give an example of a time in which you were put in a difficult customer service position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Austin Energy? Contribute to the Community!