Austin Focus Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.0

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They have 3 rounds of interviews. One is in person. The next one is on the field. Then a final summary. They ask pretty straight forward questions. The interview is not too challenging. They are just looking for someone they can put in and train. If you have any experience then that is great. However, you need to show an eagerness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Just more about your past.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator/Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First called in for a one on one interview. Then if you made it to the second interview you were instructed to meet with someone at an actual event in a SAM'S club or HEB and they said there may be a third round of interviews or they would do call backs for the jobs.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Austin Focus in May 2015.

Interview

This was a long 3 round interview process. First they call and call you which I thought was very clear and professional.
    I accepted the 1 interview and it was all about how much money you'll be making and as someone who has a bachelors degree in the related field they were clear and convincing about what they do. They clearly said that they don't sell.
    Round 2 they took me to a Sam's club to show me the what I would do as an entry level. I immediately got turned off but kind of admired their hard work. Which looking at some of the reviews it is hard work. I did not study for 4 years to be in a sales position no matter how fast I would be promoted. Which they lied about selling it's totally selling. I'm worth more.
    There was an offer for round 3 that's where I politely declined.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

I answered their Ad on Craigslist and they got back to me the next day to schedule an interview. After visiting their website, I was very skeptical because it did indeed feel very much like a scam because all of the photos on their website aren't of real people- they're stock photos. Photos that are purchased for professional use. As a young professional- I was able to catch that detail quickly and I knew I should have trusted my instincts right then. They scheduled my "interview" to be at their office on North Lamar in Austin but after reading the VERY HELPFUL and honest reviews about Austin Focus here on glassdoor, I was able to quickly decide that I was not going to waste my time to go to an interview for a position I knew I was going to decline.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

This is a 3 step interview process. Most people would consider that a drag...but to be honest I appreciate that because I want to know what I am potentially getting myself into. The company is pretty transparent once you get through the entire interview process with everything laid out on the table. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the team members. In my opinion you can't fake enthusiasm (at least not well) and it is clear these people are happy and taken care of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you motivated to start in an entry level position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Austin Focus in October 2014.

Interview

Very sketchy from start to finish. The whole company has scam written all over it, just look at their website. They called me within 5 minutes of me submitting my information online. I do not believe it is a legit company, but I could be wrong. It seemed very strange and unprofessional, just had a very weird vibe that is hard to describe until you experience it. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember a specific question. It was basically do you have a degree, when can you start?   Answer Question

It seemed very scammy.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

The first interview was in the local office and the second was at a local Sam's Club. I was offered a position but the company seemed a little bit sketchy to me. The whole process was just a little too good to be true. As a recent college grad, I just didn't feel comfortable accepting a position with them. Also I did not hear back from anyone after they called and offered me the position. I spoke with the second girl who interviewed me and that was it. No info about salary, hours, or anything.

Interview Questions

• The process was pretty typical. They didn't ask any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

Rip Off. Okay if you want to be selling random items in the middle of a store.