Austin ISD Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Apr 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Human Resources Records Section Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Completed online application in response to an ad on their website. Got a call for the first interview with an HR person, and then was invited back to interview with the HR manager. My overall first impression of this office is that no-one smiles or seems happy at all. Very dreary.

Interview Questions

• Had to put in order of importance to me 5 things about my personality.   1 Answer

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The interviewers had me wait for 15 minutues so my total wait time was about 45 minutes. The questions did not really consist of information that would help the interviewers know if I knew about RTI. All but 2 of the people seemed a bit nice, the rest were haughty and condesending. I was even told at one point that for further information I could "read about it on our website." This is by far one of the worst interviews I have had and as sure as they rated me low I am definitely rating their interviewing and people skills as very low!

Interview Questions

• For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in a a round table mode. Little feedback was offered during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview I had was very rushed and awkward. My interviewer forgot that she had my interview, and was double booked. I waited for an extra 30 minutes to start my interview. I suppose the interview itself was OK, just be prepared to be familiarized into what it is like to work for AISD (you're basically a number and pushed to the side).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skills from school A would transfer to my school?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would intervene on behalf of one of your students who was failing a general education class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview.

Office Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

they like to put too many people interviewing you, like a firing squad. it would be good for supervisor and maybe one other person to do the interview. then you can meet the other team later on in the process. The online application software is very out of date and you have to fill in many screens with copy paste, does not automatically just upload your resume data. lots of red tape

salary too low

Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I filled out the district's on-line application and indicated my interest in the position, along with several others. I had already passed the required background check and had my teaching certificate. Weeks later, a woman from central office called me and offered me the position, sight unseen, no questions asked. The experience left me with the impression that the district did not really look at what applicants had to offer and attempt to place them where they could do the most good. Perhaps a lot of vetting happened behind the scenes, though.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Moved down to Texas in July of 2000. Prior to moving, fly down to Austin to interview for a 1st grade position. Did not get the position.. as I did not have as much experience as the other candidates. I was fresh out of college. After the move, I found a position at the same school on the district website. I called the school office and told the secretary the principal was expecting my call.. I did this, as the principal promised me she would call me if any other openings came up, after interviewing for the 1st grade position. I got the principal on the phone. I re-introduced myself.. and got myself the interview. Was interviewed by the entire kindergarten team as well as by the principal. I got the job! My advice - keep pursuing

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline a child for mis-behavior   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest asset that you bring to the team   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.. as I was a teacher