Austin ISD Interview Questions in Austin, TX

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Austin ISD in October 2013.

Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2013.

I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Human Resources Records Section Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in May 2013.

Completed online application in response to an ad on their website. Got a call for the first interview with an HR person, and then was invited back to interview with the HR manager. My overall first impression of this office is that no-one smiles or seems happy at all. Very dreary.

Interview Questions
    • Had to put in order of importance to me 5 things about my personality.   View Answer

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Austin ISD in March 2013.

The interviewers had me wait for 15 minutues so my total wait time was about 45 minutes. The questions did not really consist of information that would help the interviewers know if I knew about RTI. All but 2 of the people seemed a bit nice, the rest were haughty and condesending. I was even told at one point that for further information I could "read about it on our website." This is by far one of the worst interviews I have had and as sure as they rated me low I am definitely rating their interviewing and people skills as very low!

Interview Questions
    • For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD in January 2013.

The interview was pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in a a round table mode. Little feedback was offered during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2011.

The interview I had was very rushed and awkward. My interviewer forgot that she had my interview, and was double booked. I waited for an extra 30 minutes to start my interview. I suppose the interview itself was OK, just be prepared to be familiarized into what it is like to work for AISD (you're basically a number and pushed to the side).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your skills from school A would transfer to my school?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would intervene on behalf of one of your students who was failing a general education class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Austin ISD in May 2011.

Very easy interview.

Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD in December 2010.

I filled out the district's on-line application and indicated my interest in the position, along with several others. I had already passed the required background check and had my teaching certificate. Weeks later, a woman from central office called me and offered me the position, sight unseen, no questions asked. The experience left me with the impression that the district did not really look at what applicants had to offer and attempt to place them where they could do the most good. Perhaps a lot of vetting happened behind the scenes, though.

Not able to negotiate.

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2009.

Moved down to Texas in July of 2000. Prior to moving, fly down to Austin to interview for a 1st grade position. Did not get the position.. as I did not have as much experience as the other candidates. I was fresh out of college.

After the move, I found a position at the same school on the district website. I called the school office and told the secretary the principal was expecting my call.. I did this, as the principal promised me she would call me if any other openings came up, after interviewing for the 1st grade position.

I got the principal on the phone. I re-introduced myself.. and got myself the interview. Was interviewed by the entire kindergarten team as well as by the principal. I got the job!

My advice - keep pursuing

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline a child for mis-behavior   View Answer
    • What is your biggest asset that you bring to the team   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.. as I was a teacher

Worked for Austin ISD? Contribute to the Community!