Austin ISD Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
15 interviews

2.9

Art Teacher Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Austin ISD.

I was approached by the former principle to interview for the position. I thought about it for a couple of days and responded. The next I had an interview. It took about 2 hours and I expressed my appreciation for her interest. I was later told that I would be traveling to another school. I did not expect that at all.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned on my knowledge of ceramics. I gave the a copy of my resume which stated that I was a ceramics studio major. The questioning continued about the process and techniques of working with clay. I answered them all but felt a little awkward considering my major was ceramics.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation period at all
    I would recommend that before you take a job, ask about weather or not there will be any traveling involved.

Teacher Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Austin ISD.

Took 2 years to get an interview, phone calls from HR, then phone calls from the principals to set up interview. I went on several interviews before being offered a job. They want experience bilingual teachers.

na

Substitute Teacher Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Austin ISD.

Substitutes are hired directly without going through interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Austin ISD in October 2013.

Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Applied online.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview. If you meet the qualifications (from the application), they send you more info via email: Fingerprinting and Orientation   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $80/day + $5/friday

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2013.

I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Human Resources Records Section Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in May 2013.

Completed online application in response to an ad on their website. Got a call for the first interview with an HR person, and then was invited back to interview with the HR manager. My overall first impression of this office is that no-one smiles or seems happy at all. Very dreary.

Interview Questions
    • Had to put in order of importance to me 5 things about my personality.   View Answer

SLP-CFY Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Austin ISD.

Online application. Contacted by an administrative assistant (I assume) and she schedule my interview. The interview took place at AISD office on W. 6th street in a conference room with 5 SLPs sitting around a huge conference table.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what kind of technical experience I had. I wasn't sure if they meant computers in general or just AAC devices.   View Answer

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Austin ISD in March 2013.

The interviewers had me wait for 15 minutues so my total wait time was about 45 minutes. The questions did not really consist of information that would help the interviewers know if I knew about RTI. All but 2 of the people seemed a bit nice, the rest were haughty and condesending. I was even told at one point that for further information I could "read about it on our website." This is by far one of the worst interviews I have had and as sure as they rated me low I am definitely rating their interviewing and people skills as very low!

Interview Questions
    • For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Teacher Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD.

applied online called in for a interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Austin ISD? Contribute to the Community!