Austin ISD

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher

I applied through other source and interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview Details – Substitutes are hired directly without going through interviews.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Austin ISD in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Interview Question – None too difficult. None unexpected.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher

Interviewed at Austin ISD

Interview Details – Applied online.

Interview Question – No real interview. If you meet the qualifications (from the application), they send you more info via email: Fingerprinting and Orientation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $80/day + $5/friday

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Social Studies Technology Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Human Resources Records Section Interview

Human Resources Records Section
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austin ISD in May 2013.

Interview Details – Completed online application in response to an ad on their website. Got a call for the first interview with an HR person, and then was invited back to interview with the HR manager. My overall first impression of this office is that no-one smiles or seems happy at all. Very dreary.

Interview Question – Had to put in order of importance to me 5 things about my personality.   View Answer

SLP-CFY Interview

SLP-CFY

I applied online and interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview Details – Online application. Contacted by an administrative assistant (I assume) and she schedule my interview. The interview took place at AISD office on W. 6th street in a conference room with 5 SLPs sitting around a huge conference table.

Interview Question – They asked me what kind of technical experience I had. I wasn't sure if they meant computers in general or just AAC devices.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office Interview

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Austin ISD in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewers had me wait for 15 minutues so my total wait time was about 45 minutes. The questions did not really consist of information that would help the interviewers know if I knew about RTI. All but 2 of the people seemed a bit nice, the rest were haughty and condesending. I was even told at one point that for further information I could "read about it on our website." This is by far one of the worst interviews I have had and as sure as they rated me low I am definitely rating their interviewing and people skills as very low!

Interview Question – For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview Details – applied online called in for a interview

Interview Question – passing teacher exam   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Austin ISD in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in a a round table mode. Little feedback was offered during the interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Austin ISD in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview.

Interview Question – Describe yourself with three words.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Austin ISD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Austin ISD interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Austin ISD employees and interview candidates.