Austin Regional Clinic

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.0

EMR Specialist Interview

I heard about the position through a University program. I was asked to submit my resume for pre-screening, and then selected for face to face interviews with 3 ARC employees of various positions. This interview was fairly standard and easy, but I was then given a packet at the end to fill out a fax back. I chose not to proceed at that point, partly because I had many other interviews/offers that I was more interested in at that point, I had heard some negative things about ARC such as low salary and frequent firings, and who faxes anymore?

Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin Regional Clinic.

It's very difficult to get an interview at ARC I have to say. It took me years to even get a call from them, and I have beyond the nursing experience they ask for. I just say keep trying and apply for any and every position available that you're interested in.

Interview Questions
    Don't back down. I took a pay cut to come to ARC, but they met me in the middle. It was worth the pay cut to leave my former employer, and go work for ARC though

Lab Assistant Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Austin Regional Clinic in October 2012.

First round of interviews is within the lab and held by the lab supervisor, depending on the shift you would like to work for. The second round is conducted by human resources. Both interviews are very simple behavioral questions such as "describe a time in which you had a conflict with a coworker" or "what would you do in a situation where there is a disagreement with a coworker?"

Interview Questions
    • Almost no difficult questions. All behavioral questions, and no metaphorical "what kind of fruit would you be?" type questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on hourly wage.

HIM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Austin Regional Clinic in August 2012.

The interview itself was with the business manager and clinic manager and both were very friendly. Both took turns asking questions from a list of questions. They were very impressed and intrigued by my answers and preparedness for the interview. Afterward I was given a short tour of the office which I would've been working and it was a typical physicians office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you performance went above and beyond the call of duty. What was situation and what set your performance above anything that was expected?   View Answer

I had to turn down this position due to the entry level salary not being compatible with relocation expenses.

Insurance Follow Up Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin Regional Clinic in March 2012.

There are 2 levels of the interview process. 1st Hr will contact you and do an in-person interview at the Hr location on Quarry Lake. This is mostly to screen through applicants in order to send the qualified applicants to the next stage. *To be honest I know few people who made it past this 1st stage without someone recommending them for the job. After that you'll do an on-site interview at whatever clinic you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    Slow and made you sweat. They will offer you a job and even if you accept they will not respond to you until the Friday before your first Monday on the job. I accepted the job offer put in my 2 weeks at my former job and Austin Regional Clinic's Hr went dark and stopped returning my calls. Needless to say I was worried until I got the phone call that Friday. I know of at least 5 other employees with similar experiences.