Australia and New Zealand Banking

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2014.

First there was a presentation by the HR Manager, then the representatives from each department (IIB and Retail Wealth Management) spoke about the job profiles. Then we had an aptitude test - 30 Qs 30 minutes. There was also a listening test - 3 parts
a) Long conversation - 5 Q's
b) 5 short conversations - 1 Q each = 5 Qs
c) Long conversation again - 5 Q's
(This is done to test whether you are comfortable with the foreign accent or not)

As the aptitude test was very easy, the cut off was high (i suppose) and appx 35 out of 200-250 were short listed.

We has
a) Extempore speech
b) Verbal communication (READING OUT LOUD a paragraph of a news article) + another extempore (for those who cleared round a. and those who didn't clear - got an interview too for a different department)
c) Email writing (client grievance)
d) HR interview

The managers (interviewers) are really nice!!

Interview Questions
  • (It is one of the most calm and stress-less interview i have had)

TIPS -
    Read about the company. They expect you to know SOMETHING about them and not be completely clueless.

Extempore - Speak clearly and confidently, put your points across properly!

Answer Question
Did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Australia and New Zealand Banking

Analyst Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2013.

It was a good experience when I have attended the interview in ANZ. I got several question regarding my previous job and accounting since they recruited me in an Auditing team.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to explain the whole definition of some accounting terms since I have lost the touch with those types of study materials because of my busy life with job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

General Aptitude Test followed by Face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • A large number of candidates so a long process of screening.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level job so i did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

4 rounds, gd,written,hr and operational rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2012.

Horrible hiring process....6 rounds of interview, telephonic voice and accent, aptitude, email writing, recorded voice interpretation, HR and Ops manager round. It took me over two months to complete the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Manager ops round was difficult since the manager had no logic over his judgements and he was looking forward to get a diplomatic answers from my end....   Answer Question
    I had no negotiations since they offer what they feel correct as per their company standard....my overall CTC is good around 2.60lacs but am not sure if there are any night shift allowance and incentives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

GD
    Phone interview
    aptitude
    HR
    OPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2010.

There were 5 rounds.

Paragraph Reading round
    Analytical round for 60 mins
    Interview with the HR.
    Interview with the Operations manager(Technical round)
    Interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiations. For fresher they pay around 1.55 lacs PA.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2009.

great, enjoyable process. phone interview was done with HR manager whereas 1:1 interview done directly with the business heads. they were laid back and easy to talk to - very fit based questions, nothign tow orry about. overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • give an example where something did not work out the way you wanted it to   Answer Question