Australia and New Zealand Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Gd basic topic thn aptitude Was very easy after 2 weeks got a call fr voice assessment cleared it and it's been almost a month I dint get a call fr d ops round.. totally confused nd frustrated

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Australia and New Zealand Banking

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round will be group discussion, Some random topic will be given, topic which was given to me is "younger generation is more practical compared to older generation, comment". You need to speak on a topic for 2 minutes. Second round will aptitude, 30 questions in 30, not difficult nor easy. 3rd- Voice assessment with hr it contains reading comprehension and speak on some random topic given by hr and cross questioning. 4th- Written assessment- e-mail writing provided some scenarios. 5th- Interview with your future manager and team lead.

Interview Questions

• banking process, how banks make money, each and everything in your resume and other simple banking related questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Four rounds in total: -Group Discussion: Asked to speak on a Topic for a minute or two. -Aptitude test: Questions on logical and verbal reasoning, along with a section on English. -HR Round: A paragraph was to be read out loud and was given a topic to speak on for two minutes. Email writing skills also tested. -Technical Round: Questions related to basic finance and personal experiences, as well as our knowledge about ANZ.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Freshers are advised not to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a presentation by the HR Manager, then the representatives from each department (IIB and Retail Wealth Management) spoke about the job profiles. Then we had an aptitude test - 30 Qs 30 minutes. There was also a listening test - 3 parts a) Long conversation - 5 Q's b) 5 short conversations - 1 Q each = 5 Qs c) Long conversation again - 5 Q's (This is done to test whether you are comfortable with the foreign accent or not) As the aptitude test was very easy, the cut off was high (i suppose) and appx 35 out of 200-250 were short listed. We has a) Extempore speech b) Verbal communication (READING OUT LOUD a paragraph of a news article) + another extempore (for those who cleared round a. and those who didn't clear - got an interview too for a different department) c) Email writing (client grievance) d) HR interview The managers (interviewers) are really nice!!

Interview Questions

• (It is one of the most calm and stress-less interview i have had) TIPS - Read about the company. They expect you to know SOMETHING about them and not be completely clueless. Extempore - Speak clearly and confidently, put your points across properly!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Analyst Interview

Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

4 Steps overall; Aptitude test, Communications test, Interview with Team Lead, Interview with manager. But, I wasn't told what team I would be placed in, until I cleared the interview. The process all together was extremely easy. They kept asking me to come back to the building about 5 times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a good experience when I have attended the interview in ANZ. I got several question regarding my previous job and accounting since they recruited me in an Auditing team.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to explain the whole definition of some accounting terms since I have lost the touch with those types of study materials because of my busy life with job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

General Aptitude Test followed by Face-to-face interview

Interview Questions

• A large number of candidates so a long process of screening.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an entry level job so i did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

4 rounds, gd,written,hr and operational rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Horrible hiring process....6 rounds of interview, telephonic voice and accent, aptitude, email writing, recorded voice interpretation, HR and Ops manager round. It took me over two months to complete the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Manager ops round was difficult since the manager had no logic over his judgements and he was looking forward to get a diplomatic answers from my end....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no negotiations since they offer what they feel correct as per their company standard....my overall CTC is good around 2.60lacs but am not sure if there are any night shift allowance and incentives.