Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2010.

Interview

5 interviews. Very Australian centric communication style

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult and drawn out. Very transactional approach to employees

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is long and tedious mostly because of the inefficiency in the hiring process from HR. There will be a phone interview and when the hiring manager is interested, he will invite you to come to the office for a panel interview. The lead/senior developer will ask you technical questions while the manager will ask situational questions. After this is the long waiting period. This is where HR will process your papers and in my experience this took a long time

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just prepare technically.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Docklands (Australia)) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial application - stock standard stuff, put in your marks, academic transcript, some behavioural questions Psychometric testing - SHL tests on verbal, numerical and logical reasoning Assessment centre - A case study which needs to be presented individually to senior manager(s) in an interview scenario. The interviewers will ask you some questions on your attempt at the case study to test your ability to think on your feet. After this, interview becomes a behavioural type interview where interviewers tap your wealth of experience to ascertain whether or not they think you will be a good fit at the bank. After this, group activity which aimed to assess your ability to work in a team and get ideas bouncing around the room. Then a repeat of some of the psychometric testing, basically to ensure that it was actually you who completed the testing the first time around. Finally, an informal Q&A presentation from a current or past graduate employee.

Interview Questions

• During the behavioural component of the interview: Tell us about a time you stood back and saw the bigger picture.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

There were 5 rounds. Paragraph Reading round Analytical round for 60 mins Interview with the HR. Interview with the Operations manager(Technical round) Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. For fresher they pay around 1.55 lacs PA.

Solution Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Hiring process was very professional. Interview process caters to all aspects of the candidate in terms of attitude, behavioral and technical. They give equal importance to all aspects of the candidate. Interviewer ensured the interview was conducted in a friendly and comfortable manner.

Interview Questions

• Practical scenarios based on Slowly Changing dimension was asked from business intelligence standpoint and how it can be handled in SSIS.   Answer Question

Collections Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is a bit comprehensive. The initial interview, which is done thru phone call, lasted about 30 minutes. The next one is Basic Skills Exam. After passing it, you have to undergo what they call Group Assessment and then Final Interview. If you pass it, they will call your references and do background checks. Once you pass all of that, you're hired. I was impressed by ANZ. The people are very nice and professional and the work place looks great and spacious.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all because the offer exceeded my expectations.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2010.

Interview

1) Online application 2) SHL test 3) Assessment Centre-Group activity, Individual presentation, manager/HR interview

Interview Questions

• Why ANZ? Tell me about a time when you solved a problem?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2010.

Interview

behaviorial interview and 2 technical interviews. be confident and know what you want acheive through this position.

Interview Questions

• tell me abt a situation where you didnt do well or as u were expected   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes and didnt do well at all. quote in % rather than in amount and give sufficient justification.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in March 2010.

Interview

It was very simple process but too technical, first round was Telephonic, next 1:1, next HR.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Scenario based question   1 Answer

Quant Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I was asked on Heston model, Monte Carlo simulations, PDE's methods and their comparisons, Interest rates model, HJM, Hull-White.   Answer Question