Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role online through Trademe website. They took about 4 days to come back to me after the application was closed. The Recruiter conducted a short phone interview. This was followed by an online personality, numeracy and verbal test. I was then shortlisted for an interview. After the interview, they completed a ten year background check.

Interview Questions

• Why ANZ? Behavioural questions judging good judgement, decision making, sales experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Gd basic topic thn aptitude Was very easy after 2 weeks got a call fr voice assessment cleared it and it's been almost a month I dint get a call fr d ops round.. totally confused nd frustrated

Service Quality Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Interview took 1.hour. 2 interviewers. The candidate is the one asking questions most of the time. At the end of interview the company staff said that the bank is facing headcount freeze. WTF

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer   1 Answer

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

There were in total 9 Rounds. 1st Round - Group Discussion - Not really a GD but they give u a topic and we need to give our views on it like a debate - supporting for or against the topic. 2nd Round - Aptitude Round - Math 15 questions ; Verbal 15 questions ; Logical Reasoning & puzzles 15 questions - solve in 45 min - 1hr 3rd Round - Voice Modulation - They ask you to read a paragraph; Then they give u a sentence and ask u to make points and talk abt it for 1-2 min; then they ask you questions based on ur points. 4th Round - Email Communication - They give u 3 scenarios/emails from customers who may be unhappy/asking help and we need to write emails to them. 5th Round - Online Assesment - This was a little tricky - We had to again take up a timed aptitude, verbal, logical , reasoning test, and this was quite difficult as questions given were tougher and it was a timed online test, no negetive marking. We also had to take a behavioral based test online. 6th Round - Functional Round - You may or may not have this depending on the role you are applying for. This is same as Ops round; more discussion abt role and questions abt Banking & Credit. 7th Round - Operational Round - Lasts 45 min, questions abt ANZ, Credit, previous exp, work schedule discussion, question abt Role. 8th Round - HR Round - Regular round; What are you strong qualities; what role are u in etc 9th Round - Salary Discussion - They will cal you via phone for this discussion

Interview Questions

• GD Round- Jobs in Public & Private Sector Ops Round - What are the 5 C's of Credit and They gave me a scenario based question - 45 min interview   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

1 st round was as usual aptitude and verbal, it was quite easy and could clear it at ease , next was technical paper , it had VB.net, SQL and questions related to Banking, It was quite ok , next was Technical & HR interview , it was good they asked regarding my Projects and gave a scenario and asked me to draw flow chart for that and asked questions related to banking.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you are in pressure and colleague too and his work is more important, would you do your work or his?   1 Answer

Collections Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a call from one of the interviewer and she conducted phone interview which was the initial one. I passed it and was endorsed for exams. The exams consist of IQ and call simulation type. The IQ exam was pretty hard. The call simulation is basically multi tasking. You need to get all the details given by the customer quickly and accurately as possible. After the exam you would need to wait for 5-10 minutes to know your result. After passing the exams, I was scheduled for the final interview and was advised to come back after a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation or circumstances in your previous job where you find it so difficult and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Hadoop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1st Round - Managerial round. Eventhough its telephonic, so neat and perfect. Skilled Talented manager with ethics and good attitude, spark sign of selected; finally revealed me cleared round one. But the HR they play a game not allowing me to take forward for second round of call - stating no reason. Due to such people's makes us things worse about-on-everybody too. Hate such culture in brand MNC's too.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application with basic questions such as why this stream and why ANZ. Normal numeral, verbal and logical testing online, followed by a personality quiz. Assessment centre invite with presentation.

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was called by the HR for an interview process after i was referred. Day 1 1) GD / Extempore (Talk on the given topic for a min or two - You need to talk for or against) 2) Aptitude (easy compared to other company aptitude) 3) Email writing (Write response to 3 emails which were given) 4) Voice and accent (Need to talk on a given topic for 2-5 minutes) Day 2 After 2 weeks was called for the ops round. But unfortunately as the ops manager was not available the HR conducted my HR round and said he shall inform me regarding the operations round later. After the HR round I had to try contacting HR multiple times to remind him about scheduling of my ops round. Again after 2 more weeks Instead of scheduling my ops manager round I was asked to take up an assessment on a third party portal from home which was very difficult. I completed it and responded via email. Again after multiple follow ups after three more weeks I was told that I was not shortlisted and the ops round was never conducted. I do not regret getting a job, but what i regret at is that the HR's have a laid back attitude. They do not keep the candidates informed properly. It is very difficult to also get in touch with the HR's to know the status. This company has one of the worst HR - candidate interaction. I am not sure if all the HR are same or only the HR who handled my case was that way. If I had not done my online assessments well the HR could have informed me in advance. Instead I was made to wait for 3 more weeks. I was closely following other candidates interview too but they were also frustrated with the way the HR interacted.

Wealth Management Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a gud experience... u shud hv a good communication skills as the 1st round wil b abt that... and basics of accounts n finance.. thy ll hv 7 rounds...