Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2012.

Three stage interview process. Had a phone interview and then met with two leaders, who gave an accurate picture of the role and organisation - including positives and current challenges. I was only in the city for 1 week, so they made every effort to arrange both meetings within that week. My first interview was on a Friday and the interviewer was wearing casual clothing (jeans) I was dressed in a suit for the interview, so felt this was inappropriate.

Interview Questions
    • How I have dealt with working in global organisations, with various cultures in different time zones.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a lot of negotiation. They met my initial (realistic) expectations.

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2015.

It's more than six rounds example as GD round, Email test, Aptitude Test, English Speaking Test etc have taken. They have taken some skill test after these test with same kind. It's very frustrating as the time is less and more difficult questions. After telephonic round, which they said as general round for again english speaking test.

Interview Questions
    • Questions like why do want to join, and other questions like CAD in personal interview etc   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2015.

Four rounds in total:
    -Group Discussion: Asked to speak on a Topic for a minute or two.
    -Aptitude test: Questions on logical and verbal reasoning, along with a section on English.
    -HR Round: A paragraph was to be read out loud and was given a topic to speak on for two minutes. Email writing skills also tested.
    -Technical Round: Questions related to basic finance and personal experiences, as well as our knowledge about ANZ.

Interview Questions
    Freshers are advised not to negotiate.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Very long and disorganised. Recruitment agency based in Phillipines so would be ringing very late. Job location advertised wasn't right. Took 4 weeks to get a phone call from the initial application.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best person for the job? And basic behavourial questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2015.

First round will be group discussion, Some random topic will be given, topic which was given to me is "younger generation is more practical compared to older generation, comment". You need to speak on a topic for 2 minutes.
    Second round will aptitude, 30 questions in 30, not difficult nor easy.
    3rd- Voice assessment with hr it contains reading comprehension and speak on some random topic given by hr and cross questioning.
    4th- Written assessment- e-mail writing provided some scenarios.
    5th- Interview with your future manager and team lead.

Interview Questions
    • banking process, how banks make money, each and everything in your resume and other simple banking related questions   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

The interview takes three rounds and starts from general interview to tech interview. The tech interview involves a lot of questions from easy one to difficult one. If you are a senior developer it won't stops you. If you can't answer the first 10, the interview might be terminated in advance (according to the interviewer). The questions involve basic mobile development questions and system OS framework. So if you want to get succeed in the interview, do some homework in advance.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2014.

Got a call through consultant. 1st round went for an hour by hiring manager. most of questions about my work experience in my CV. more questions on SAS as my position is into Risk modeling teams. more into statistical techniques, BASEL related things. 1-2 case studies on credit cards, loans and how they work in industry; as a business guy how do you start a business into these from risk or marketing perspective.
    2nd round is with India head. It was a cakewalk. why this? why that ? :D. some HR stuff. and they got the offer on the discussion table itself

Interview Questions
    • More into statistical procedures. Be prepared at what you are interviewed for.   Answer Question
    25-30% hike

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

The process is pretty quick. I uploaded my application online and got interview invitation 3 week later. During the interview, they asked me to introduce myself and my previous working experiences. Show them that you're a detail-oriented person, and include few examples to illustrate it as well.

Recruitment Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Recruiters usually call candidates and interview them via phone. If they pass, they will be scheduled for an assessment (exam) and endorsed to client interview afterwards. If a candidate passed the recruitment process, background checking and job offer will take place.

Lawyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Applied online - pretty standard.

First interview was with an HR person - again fairly standard.

Next interview was with the hiring manager. Reasonably straightforward behavioural questions.

After that, radio silence. In the interview I was told a decision would be made within a week. So I called the HR contact after a week and left a message, no response. I tried again a few days later and was told the hiring manager had gone on leave without having made a decision. I tried again several times until more than a month after the interview, they said I'd been unsuccessful. I really think that if I hadn't persevered, they simply wouldn't have bothered with the basic courtesy of letting me know.