Australia and New Zealand Banking

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

Consultancy arranged the interview on 7th July 2014. The first round was group discussion, the topic was, 'Education system in India'. Each one of us was given a chance to speak for about 2-3 mins. The next round was general aptitude test consisting of logical reasoning etc... Next we had E-mail writing test. Then the HR told us that we would be called after about a week. However we got a call only after 2.5 weeks!!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

The process is pretty quick. I uploaded my application online and got interview invitation 3 week later. During the interview, they asked me to introduce myself and my previous working experiences. Show them that you're a detail-oriented person, and include few examples to illustrate it as well.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Two rounds of interviews focusing on quantitative and software development aspects.

Analyst Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in April 2014.

The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   View Answer
    I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.

Senior Manager (Vice President) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Phone call, initial interview, final interview (possibly by Telepresence/Videoconference), offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioural questions - usually around problem solving or project management.
      Technical questions about your existing experience.
      Company puts premium on effective communication - since it is run from Australia and communication with Australians are a must.

Answer Question
    Initial offer is usually along entry point of salary band. Company will usually not overpay for talent so be careful about overpricing yourself.

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2014.

There were too many people lined up for the position. No information nothing, the whole process not at all related to the post. Total 28 people rounded up and HR Manager taken GD.Then some nonsense rounds. Total around 10 rounds and after that salary below average this is all about so called ANZ!!!! They need only cheap employees.....

Credit Assessment Officer, Senior Officer 5 2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Initially they start with a Reasoning & aptitude Test which includes the listening skill test as well then Voice and Accents, they ask to speak on a instant given Topics for 3 mins each, Third round was checking writing skill after that Operations Round and finally HR.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Two stages.
    (1) Online tests;
    (2) Assessment Centre day: comprises a one-on-one interview, a group case study, an individual case study and presentation, and lastly a numerical and logical reasoning tests to finish.

One-on-one interview was standard: why banking, why anz, tell me about yourself. No technical banking/finance questions were asked.

Group case study involved the candidates role playing as a music publishing company and looked to see how we would deal with business and industry issues. Each candidate was given a unique set of materials relating to the music publishing company to read before the mock discussion. We then went around in turns and presented the facts from our information packs. We were observed during the discussion. Finally we had to organise ourselves to deliver a presentation.

Case interview required the candidate to pick of one of three clients to bank. Information was presented in a pack from which you are allowed 15mins (from memory) to read, 15mins to synthesis and draw up your presentation on butcher's paper. Then you presented this to the interviewers.

Numerical and logical reasoning tests standard.

N/A

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2013.

It was a good experience when I have attended the interview in ANZ. I got several question regarding my previous job and accounting since they recruited me in an Auditing team.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to explain the whole definition of some accounting terms since I have lost the touch with those types of study materials because of my busy life with job.   Answer Question