Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Very long and disorganised. Recruitment agency based in Phillipines so would be ringing very late. Job location advertised wasn't right. Took 4 weeks to get a phone call from the initial application.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for the job? And basic behavourial questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round will be group discussion, Some random topic will be given, topic which was given to me is "younger generation is more practical compared to older generation, comment". You need to speak on a topic for 2 minutes. Second round will aptitude, 30 questions in 30, not difficult nor easy. 3rd- Voice assessment with hr it contains reading comprehension and speak on some random topic given by hr and cross questioning. 4th- Written assessment- e-mail writing provided some scenarios. 5th- Interview with your future manager and team lead.

Interview Questions

• banking process, how banks make money, each and everything in your resume and other simple banking related questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Four rounds in total: -Group Discussion: Asked to speak on a Topic for a minute or two. -Aptitude test: Questions on logical and verbal reasoning, along with a section on English. -HR Round: A paragraph was to be read out loud and was given a topic to speak on for two minutes. Email writing skills also tested. -Technical Round: Questions related to basic finance and personal experiences, as well as our knowledge about ANZ.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Freshers are advised not to negotiate.

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It's more than six rounds example as GD round, Email test, Aptitude Test, English Speaking Test etc have taken. They have taken some skill test after these test with same kind. It's very frustrating as the time is less and more difficult questions. After telephonic round, which they said as general round for again english speaking test.

Interview Questions

• Questions like why do want to join, and other questions like CAD in personal interview etc   1 Answer

Wealth Management Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a gud experience... u shud hv a good communication skills as the 1st round wil b abt that... and basics of accounts n finance.. thy ll hv 7 rounds...

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

The interview takes three rounds and starts from general interview to tech interview. The tech interview involves a lot of questions from easy one to difficult one. If you are a senior developer it won't stops you. If you can't answer the first 10, the interview might be terminated in advance (according to the interviewer). The questions involve basic mobile development questions and system OS framework. So if you want to get succeed in the interview, do some homework in advance.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

1 st round was as usual aptitude and verbal, it was quite easy and could clear it at ease , next was technical paper , it had VB.net, SQL and questions related to Banking, It was quite ok , next was Technical & HR interview , it was good they asked regarding my Projects and gave a scenario and asked me to draw flow chart for that and asked questions related to banking.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you are in pressure and colleague too and his work is more important, would you do your work or his?   1 Answer

Recruitment Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Recruiters usually call candidates and interview them via phone. If they pass, they will be scheduled for an assessment (exam) and endorsed to client interview afterwards. If a candidate passed the recruitment process, background checking and job offer will take place.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a call through consultant. 1st round went for an hour by hiring manager. most of questions about my work experience in my CV. more questions on SAS as my position is into Risk modeling teams. more into statistical techniques, BASEL related things. 1-2 case studies on credit cards, loans and how they work in industry; as a business guy how do you start a business into these from risk or marketing perspective. 2nd round is with India head. It was a cakewalk. why this? why that ? :D. some HR stuff. and they got the offer on the discussion table itself

Interview Questions

• More into statistical procedures. Be prepared at what you are interviewed for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

25-30% hike

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Applied online - pretty standard. First interview was with an HR person - again fairly standard. Next interview was with the hiring manager. Reasonably straightforward behavioural questions. After that, radio silence. In the interview I was told a decision would be made within a week. So I called the HR contact after a week and left a message, no response. I tried again a few days later and was told the hiring manager had gone on leave without having made a decision. I tried again several times until more than a month after the interview, they said I'd been unsuccessful. I really think that if I hadn't persevered, they simply wouldn't have bothered with the basic courtesy of letting me know.