Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in October 2013.

It is a very long process with includes around 7 rounds lot of ascent testing & Communication is checked

Interview Questions
    • Email Writing Lot of complaint mails to be written with in the given period of time   Answer Question

Performance Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2013.

I had one but detailed interview over phone. The conversation took about an hour. The questions were relevant. I was asked to explain Performance Testing cycle and how I had been conducting it in my past experience. Later questions were about managing a performance testing team. There was no non-sense and all questions seemed for the sake of assessment. I was told right on the call that I look good and if I am ready to work on 1 year fixed-term contract.
    As for the process, the shortlisted candidates were supposed to visit Singapore for in person interview. After the call I was informed by the recruiter in the middle that they've positive feedback and I will be contacted shortly. I heard from them in 10 days that I have been shortlisted and will be confirmed when exactly they want me for in person interview.
    However, later I did not hear from them. As of now, it's been 3 weeks till their last call. I had been following up but no luck.

Interview Questions
    • As such all questions were relevant and there was no non-sense. It went well.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

General Aptitude Test followed by Face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • A large number of candidates so a long process of screening.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level job so i did not negotiate.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2011.

Hiring process is long and tedious mostly because of the inefficiency in the hiring process from HR. There will be a phone interview and when the hiring manager is interested, he will invite you to come to the office for a panel interview. The lead/senior developer will ask you technical questions while the manager will ask situational questions.

After this is the long waiting period. This is where HR will process your papers and in my experience this took a long time

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Had various online assessment including a timed assessment where you are given a dollar amounts and have to make up that amount with the various denominations. Had two face to face interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager. Asked usual behavioural questions. They went through my resume with me.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in June 2009.

very smooth and easy

no opportunity to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Bad interview technique. Interviewer did not book meeting room so had to do the meeting in some obscure corner of the building. Interviewer didn't print the CV even though the CV was sent a few weeks earlier. Interviewer did not review CV so did not have any idea of skillset or previous experience. Did not seem to have any basic interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    • None - felt like it was a chat rather than an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Initial interview between HR and Manager then 3 months probation,

Interview Questions
    • What are your future plans and how are you going to achieve these?   View Answer
    None. Pay was set and no negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Docklands (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2012.

Initial application - stock standard stuff, put in your marks, academic transcript, some behavioural questions
    Psychometric testing - SHL tests on verbal, numerical and logical reasoning
    Assessment centre - A case study which needs to be presented individually to senior manager(s) in an interview scenario. The interviewers will ask you some questions on your attempt at the case study to test your ability to think on your feet. After this, interview becomes a behavioural type interview where interviewers tap your wealth of experience to ascertain whether or not they think you will be a good fit at the bank. After this, group activity which aimed to assess your ability to work in a team and get ideas bouncing around the room. Then a repeat of some of the psychometric testing, basically to ensure that it was actually you who completed the testing the first time around. Finally, an informal Q&A presentation from a current or past graduate employee.

Interview Questions
    • During the behavioural component of the interview: Tell us about a time you stood back and saw the bigger picture.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

4 rounds, gd,written,hr and operational rounds