Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied online via the website, did several tests.

They contacted me about two weeks after applications closed, inviting me to the AC.
    AC took about 3 hours. Involved of a individual case study. Then you presented case, followed by a behavioural interview and presentations by current grads.

Really nice and friendly.

SummerRisk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through the website, answered all the general questions (e.g. why do you want to work in the area nominated, I chose Risk) and uploaded CV, passport photos, academic transcripts etc. The most annoying part is that there is the online assessments, where I was shown a series of scenario animations to answer questions. There was a problem with the website, and I was forced to redo all the questions again. The animations and questions themselves were poorly designed, the fonts were uncomfortably small. The experience was very uncomfortable. I was then rejected on the online assessment alone. And since I got the email of rejection minutes after I completed the online psych test, I don't believe my files were read by anyone. There weren't ant feedbacks. While I understand ANZ and similar organisations receive many applications, the overall experience was cold and I felt like I was dealing with machines rather than humans throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment and psych questions.I was asked to selected "most effective" and "least effective" answers when most answers were isomorphic to each other.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Business Architect Interview

Interview

the first level interview was conducted over phone by the hiring department looking for the basic details an interest. tis has lasted around 45 minutes. generally it was very good and very friendly as it is directly conducted by the bank

Interview Questions

• nothing very difficult. generally they were highlighting the different senior role they are looking for   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

Interview

Consultancy arranged the interview on 7th July 2014. The first round was group discussion, the topic was, 'Education system in India'. Each one of us was given a chance to speak for about 2-3 mins. The next round was general aptitude test consisting of logical reasoning etc... Next we had E-mail writing test. Then the HR told us that we would be called after about a week. However we got a call only after 2.5 weeks!!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is pretty quick. I uploaded my application online and got interview invitation 3 week later. During the interview, they asked me to introduce myself and my previous working experiences. Show them that you're a detail-oriented person, and include few examples to illustrate it as well.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews focusing on quantitative and software development aspects.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Questions

• If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.

Collections Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a call from one of the interviewer and she conducted phone interview which was the initial one. I passed it and was endorsed for exams. The exams consist of IQ and call simulation type. The IQ exam was pretty hard. The call simulation is basically multi tasking. You need to get all the details given by the customer quickly and accurately as possible. After the exam you would need to wait for 5-10 minutes to know your result. After passing the exams, I was scheduled for the final interview and was advised to come back after a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation or circumstances in your previous job where you find it so difficult and how did you handle it.   1 Answer