Australia and New Zealand Banking

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2014.

There were too many people lined up for the position. No information nothing, the whole process not at all related to the post. Total 28 people rounded up and HR Manager taken GD.Then some nonsense rounds. Total around 10 rounds and after that salary below average this is all about so called ANZ!!!! They need only cheap employees.....

Credit Assessment Officer, Senior Officer 5 2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Initially they start with a Reasoning & aptitude Test which includes the listening skill test as well then Voice and Accents, they ask to speak on a instant given Topics for 3 mins each, Third round was checking writing skill after that Operations Round and finally HR.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Two stages.
    (1) Online tests;
    (2) Assessment Centre day: comprises a one-on-one interview, a group case study, an individual case study and presentation, and lastly a numerical and logical reasoning tests to finish.

One-on-one interview was standard: why banking, why anz, tell me about yourself. No technical banking/finance questions were asked.

Group case study involved the candidates role playing as a music publishing company and looked to see how we would deal with business and industry issues. Each candidate was given a unique set of materials relating to the music publishing company to read before the mock discussion. We then went around in turns and presented the facts from our information packs. We were observed during the discussion. Finally we had to organise ourselves to deliver a presentation.

Case interview required the candidate to pick of one of three clients to bank. Information was presented in a pack from which you are allowed 15mins (from memory) to read, 15mins to synthesis and draw up your presentation on butcher's paper. Then you presented this to the interviewers.

Numerical and logical reasoning tests standard.

N/A

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2013.

It was a good experience when I have attended the interview in ANZ. I got several question regarding my previous job and accounting since they recruited me in an Auditing team.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to explain the whole definition of some accounting terms since I have lost the touch with those types of study materials because of my busy life with job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in October 2013.

It is a very long process with includes around 7 rounds lot of ascent testing & Communication is checked

Interview Questions
    • Email Writing Lot of complaint mails to be written with in the given period of time   Answer Question

Performance Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2013.

I had one but detailed interview over phone. The conversation took about an hour. The questions were relevant. I was asked to explain Performance Testing cycle and how I had been conducting it in my past experience. Later questions were about managing a performance testing team. There was no non-sense and all questions seemed for the sake of assessment. I was told right on the call that I look good and if I am ready to work on 1 year fixed-term contract.
    As for the process, the shortlisted candidates were supposed to visit Singapore for in person interview. After the call I was informed by the recruiter in the middle that they've positive feedback and I will be contacted shortly. I heard from them in 10 days that I have been shortlisted and will be confirmed when exactly they want me for in person interview.
    However, later I did not hear from them. As of now, it's been 3 weeks till their last call. I had been following up but no luck.

Interview Questions
    • As such all questions were relevant and there was no non-sense. It went well.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

General Aptitude Test followed by Face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • A large number of candidates so a long process of screening.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level job so i did not negotiate.

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Had various online assessment including a timed assessment where you are given a dollar amounts and have to make up that amount with the various denominations. Had two face to face interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager. Asked usual behavioural questions. They went through my resume with me.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Bad interview technique. Interviewer did not book meeting room so had to do the meeting in some obscure corner of the building. Interviewer didn't print the CV even though the CV was sent a few weeks earlier. Interviewer did not review CV so did not have any idea of skillset or previous experience. Did not seem to have any basic interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    • None - felt like it was a chat rather than an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Initial interview between HR and Manager then 3 months probation,

Interview Questions
    • What are your future plans and how are you going to achieve these?   View Answer
    None. Pay was set and no negotiation.