Australia and New Zealand Banking

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Relationship Manager Interview

Two I nterviews: one with hiring manager to discuss my business capabilities and other with HR on behavioural aspects

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a plan for next 3 months for how will you do business   Answer Question
    They were fair. Did not negotiate

Solution Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Hiring process was very professional. Interview process caters to all aspects of the candidate in terms of attitude, behavioral and technical. They give equal importance to all aspects of the candidate. Interviewer ensured the interview was conducted in a friendly and comfortable manner.

Interview Questions
    • Practical scenarios based on Slowly Changing dimension was asked from business intelligence standpoint and how it can be handled in SSIS.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2012.

Initial application - stock standard stuff, put in your marks, academic transcript, some behavioural questions
    Psychometric testing - SHL tests on verbal, numerical and logical reasoning
    Assessment centre - A case study which needs to be presented individually to senior manager(s) in an interview scenario. The interviewers will ask you some questions on your attempt at the case study to test your ability to think on your feet. After this, interview becomes a behavioural type interview where interviewers tap your wealth of experience to ascertain whether or not they think you will be a good fit at the bank. After this, group activity which aimed to assess your ability to work in a team and get ideas bouncing around the room. Then a repeat of some of the psychometric testing, basically to ensure that it was actually you who completed the testing the first time around. Finally, an informal Q&A presentation from a current or past graduate employee.

Interview Questions
    • During the behavioural component of the interview: Tell us about a time you stood back and saw the bigger picture.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

GD
    Phone interview
    aptitude
    HR
    OPS

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

Largely a deceptive view of the position, actual job was very different from the job described during the interview process. Despite assurances along the way the job never evolved into the job that was interviewed for. This seemed to have been a trick to get you into the position more than anything else.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2012.

Initially I got a call from HR recruiter from ANZ and interview was scheduled based on availability of interviewer and the process was smooth. There were technical questions related to the role and I was asked about work experience.

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

HR Telephone interview, hiring manager interview. You need to prepare you previous work experiences well and demonstrate your skills to your manager. There is a time space between the first interview and second interview.There is back ground check before you are onboard.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate too much.

Collections Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

The hiring process is a bit comprehensive. The initial interview, which is done thru phone call, lasted about 30 minutes. The next one is Basic Skills Exam. After passing it, you have to undergo what they call Group Assessment and then Final Interview. If you pass it, they will call your references and do background checks. Once you pass all of that, you're hired.

I was impressed by ANZ. The people are very nice and professional and the work place looks great and spacious.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate at all because the offer exceeded my expectations.

Associate Relationship Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in October 2011.

You need to familiar with Markets and numbers well in order to handle this jobs, from Mutual Fund , Options and FX. That being said, clients that you can bring to the bank and expectation target...etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself five years from now with the current role??   View Answer
    handle by recruiter.

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2011.

It was a internal transfer of sorts where i was already handling a team and moved to a new one as there were openings available.
    First 1:1 Interview was with my Senior Manager, followed by a 1:1 with my BU Head & and 1:1 with HR which was a formality.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation per say as I received a commendable hike