Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

GD
    Phone interview
    aptitude
    HR
    OPS

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

Largely a deceptive view of the position, actual job was very different from the job described during the interview process. Despite assurances along the way the job never evolved into the job that was interviewed for. This seemed to have been a trick to get you into the position more than anything else.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2012.

Initially I got a call from HR recruiter from ANZ and interview was scheduled based on availability of interviewer and the process was smooth. There were technical questions related to the role and I was asked about work experience.

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

HR Telephone interview, hiring manager interview. You need to prepare you previous work experiences well and demonstrate your skills to your manager. There is a time space between the first interview and second interview.There is back ground check before you are onboard.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate too much.

Collections Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

The hiring process is a bit comprehensive. The initial interview, which is done thru phone call, lasted about 30 minutes. The next one is Basic Skills Exam. After passing it, you have to undergo what they call Group Assessment and then Final Interview. If you pass it, they will call your references and do background checks. Once you pass all of that, you're hired.

I was impressed by ANZ. The people are very nice and professional and the work place looks great and spacious.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate at all because the offer exceeded my expectations.

Associate Relationship Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in October 2011.

You need to familiar with Markets and numbers well in order to handle this jobs, from Mutual Fund , Options and FX. That being said, clients that you can bring to the bank and expectation target...etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself five years from now with the current role??   View Answer
    handle by recruiter.

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2011.

It was a internal transfer of sorts where i was already handling a team and moved to a new one as there were openings available.
    First 1:1 Interview was with my Senior Manager, followed by a 1:1 with my BU Head & and 1:1 with HR which was a formality.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation per say as I received a commendable hike

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2011.

Hiring process is long and tedious mostly because of the inefficiency in the hiring process from HR. There will be a phone interview and when the hiring manager is interested, he will invite you to come to the office for a panel interview. The lead/senior developer will ask you technical questions while the manager will ask situational questions.

After this is the long waiting period. This is where HR will process your papers and in my experience this took a long time

Case Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2011.

It was a competency type interview. The interviewer gave me competencies, which I answered by giving examples on how did I demonstrate the latter. Examples were leadership, initiative, team work, et al. I was able to answer all the questions. It was like a casual conversation with the interviewer. It was exchanges of insights. Overall, it was a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you demonstrate legal / regulatory requirement?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in April 2011.

phone interview re. experience
    1 on 1 in person re. skills test, case study on banking
    last round was a meet and greet - informal catchup