Australian Bureau of Statistics

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Interview

Graduate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Australian Bureau of Statistics in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website, application included fairly easy questionnaire with answers found on the site. Followed up by a phone interview (few technical questions but mostly a personality assessment, goals & motivation etc) then a group assessment day with group and solo activities. Group assessment day was with applications for all streams.

Interview Question – How to find a specific statistic in the catalogues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available, maybe because they had to assist with moving me interstate.

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Australian Bureau of Statistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Skill communication
Project planning
Task prioprity

Interview Question – Team skills for project   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Australian Bureau of Statistics in October 2009.

Interview Details – Usual interview questions eg 'tell me about a time when you had to use your judgement'. But took ages to hear back, even when it turned out I was successful.

Interview Question – competency based interviews. (eg give situation / examples of times when performed tasks or achieved outcomes using certain skills)   Answer Question

Worked for Australian Bureau of Statistics? Contribute to the Community!