Australian National University Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian National University

Summer Research Interview

Interview

Had to submit Academic Transcripts and 2 referee letters before August 31. Offer came about a month later along with some more forms to fill in. There were no interviews at all to deal with.

Deputy Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Positions are advertised on the university's HR website. The application involved a 1-2 page CV and a 6 page addressing the selection criteria (1 page each criterion). The shortlisted candidates then went through a 30-min interview, with a panel of 4 university staff. It took only 3 days for them to get back to me and notified me of the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How to write to a difficult academic notifying him of overspent project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very flexible and understanding when it came to flexible workplace arrangement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

The interview covered questions regarding my past undergraduate courses at the university and grades obtained, followed by competency based questions within the specific subject area for which the tutoring would take place. The interview finished with a generic motivation for the role. Overall the interview question was not too technical, however background checks were made by contacting my previous university. I have applied for the position well in advance, which has helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• I had to describe relevant courses covered in the undergraduate degree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in October 2011.

Interview

Submit all the required staff (Grades, CV and work visa) and following that you meet the head tutor and discuss the tutoring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in February 2010.

Interview

Applications applied through the School office, we were chosen based on program undertaken, and results of courses. Years of experience are also considered. a one-on-interview, followed by a group orientation was given to those successful. The head of school would be present for these, to judge our character. overall good interaction and consultation of position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle coaching and mentoring people who are only 1 - 2 years your junior, and would view you with less authority than usual professionals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase,as this was for a part-time position