Australian National University

Relevance Date Difficulty
  • Popular Job Titles:
  • Tutor (3)

Canberra (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Australian National University.

Interview Details – The interview covered questions regarding my past undergraduate courses at the university and grades obtained, followed by competency based questions within the specific subject area for which the tutoring would take place. The interview finished with a generic motivation for the role. Overall the interview question was not too technical, however background checks were made by contacting my previous university. I have applied for the position well in advance, which has helped a lot.

Interview Question – I had to describe relevant courses covered in the undergraduate degree.   Answer Question

Canberra (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Australian National University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applications applied through the School office, we were chosen based on program undertaken, and results of courses. Years of experience are also considered. a one-on-interview, followed by a group orientation was given to those successful. The head of school would be present for these, to judge our character. overall good interaction and consultation of position

Interview Question – How would you handle coaching and mentoring people who are only 1 - 2 years your junior, and would view you with less authority than usual professionals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase,as this was for a part-time position

Canberra (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Australian National University in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submit all the required staff (Grades, CV and work visa) and following that you meet the head tutor and discuss the tutoring process.

Interview Question – Have you teach before?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Australian National University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Australian National University interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Australian National University employees and interview candidates.