Australian Prudential Regulation Authority

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.

Interview Details – Online psychometric assessment followed by interviews and another personality test

Interview Question – Tell us a situation that you didn't deal with well and what happened   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in September 2010.

Interview Details – This was an internal interview. It involved career progression (which can be quite politically charged and a time-consuming exercise in order to make it a successful one) at the same time as a departmental move.

Previous interview was from external and this involved an online IQ test as well that was completed online. No particular controls around the IQ test... You can use google etc but there is a time limit and most people would have cottoned on to this so it's no big advantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had a conflict with your manager or the specialist department and how did you go about addressing this in light of the core work at hand (being prudential supervision)?   Answer Question
  • How would you go about regulating a major bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – APRA has a very tight pay band due to complying with Australian Public Service principles so you can't really negotiate too much. There is the ability to move a bit within the relevant range but if you are talking about going over the threshold for that pay level, then you are asking something ridiculous in public sector world so you really need to look at it differently than an a-hole private sector negotiation.

Graduate Interview

Graduate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in May 2009.

Interview Details – There was one HR person and 2 technical people in the room. They were very friendly and made their best attempt to help me to feel comfortable.

Interview Question – How do you see APRA's role in shaping the future of financial regulation in Australia?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate - I thought the offer was very favourable at the time.

Worked for Australian Prudential Regulation Authority? Contribute to the Community!