Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian Taxation Office

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

The first step to the application process was to complete an online application and completing a general skills testing quiz. Candidates may then be invited to take a computer quiz in the office. Interview conducted by a panel of three: one HR manager, one business line manager and a recent graduate.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

5 Screening Stages. The first few stages comprised of online testing such as SHL and graduate talent screeners. The final stage consisted of a long interview with the graduate managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond what is required of you to complete a task.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initially I was asked to complete the standard psychometric test. Then invited to a 2 on 1 interview where I met with the grad recruiter and a grad from the previous year. They asked a lot of questions to test your knowledge on the Australian Taxation system, then afterwards you are required to sit a series of computer tests to assess your analytical skills and problem solving skills.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Adelaide (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was around twenty minutes long. There were lots of people waiting in the foyer and more than one room with different ATO staff interviewing. They asked some basic questions about computer functions and some situation based questions. I think they were looking for the STAR model. That is situation, task, action, result. The interview was very relaxed and the staff were nice although I felt like they were all just going through the motions. It was a very bureaucratic process.

Interview Questions

• What are two ways to copy text in Microsoft word and paste it in another document?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2011.

Interview

The recruitment process was drawn out and tedious. Alot of waiting in between contact. However i did make it thought online testing, to the final interview stage and even had my referees checked. the interview consisted on a 30 min talk with 2 managers who asked behavioural questions. they mentioned that they prefered answers in the STAR format - situation, task, action, result. after the interview i was then taken to a room with 2 other grads and we completed online testing individually. this consisted of maths / numerical, and a business case study where you had to read over an article and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• I was put off by the STAR response. And was not ready to give my answers like that. My advice would be practice behavioural questions using this format   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an assessment centre which included two tests (one general and one stream specific) and a 3:1 face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable

Taxation Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Australian Taxation Office in January 2011.

Interview

test and interview