Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian Taxation Office

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in June 2011.

The recruitment process was drawn out and tedious. Alot of waiting in between contact. However i did make it thought online testing, to the final interview stage and even had my referees checked. the interview consisted on a 30 min talk with 2 managers who asked behavioural questions. they mentioned that they prefered answers in the STAR format - situation, task, action, result. after the interview i was then taken to a room with 2 other grads and we completed online testing individually. this consisted of maths / numerical, and a business case study where you had to read over an article and answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was put off by the STAR response. And was not ready to give my answers like that. My advice would be practice behavioural questions using this format   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Initially I was asked to complete the standard psychometric test. Then invited to a 2 on 1 interview where I met with the grad recruiter and a grad from the previous year. They asked a lot of questions to test your knowledge on the Australian Taxation system, then afterwards you are required to sit a series of computer tests to assess your analytical skills and problem solving skills.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in May 2011.

Interview process consisted of an assessment centre which included two tests (one general and one stream specific) and a 3:1 face to face interview.

not negotiable

Taxation Interview

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Australian Taxation Office in January 2011.

test and interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Australian Taxation Office? Contribute to the Community!