Author Solutions

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Offline Marketing Intern Interview

Offline Marketing Intern
Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Author Solutions in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career website and was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the offline and online marketing communications supervisors. (2 people) Very pleasant experience, everyone is extremely nice.

Interview Question – What's your writing process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – an intern position, so no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Book Sales Customer Service Interview

Book Sales Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Author Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – Slow - I applied 8 times before I heard anything back. I left voicemail several times, but never received a call back.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Bloomington, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Author Solutions in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred from a college friend who had been employed with the company for about a year. She said it was an OK place to work for a first job, and after searching for four months post-graduation, I figured I might as well settle. The interview seemed rushed and non-personal. I'm pretty sure I was hired simply because my friend recommended me (which is fine, but not good on the company's part). The other two people hired in my department at that time had similar experiences.

Interview Question – How would you handle an unusually large workload?   Answer Question

Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Author Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – Answer questions accurately and clearly .

Interview Question – None. Interviewers will ask you sensible questions. Remember, these are intellectual people.   View Answer

New Cebu (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Author Solutions in January 2008.

Interview Details – 2 HR Interviews, 1 Manager Interview. I applied in the morning, but I was asked to come back in the evening so I can speak w/ the Department Manager. It did take some time to finish the whole process but at least it did not take more than a day.

Interview Question – common questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Publishing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Author Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – I prepared with a list of questions they might ask me, as well as a list of questions for the interviewer. The interview went very well. She asked me to describe myself using one word, I said "honest". She explained the process of training and job expectations.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your former employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Have a list of questions ready. Be ready for questions they may ask you, such as the following. Why do you think you would make a good match for this position?

Publishing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Author Solutions in October 2008.

Interview Details – This interview consisted of two 1 hour interviews with the sales manager and VP of sales. A knowledge of sales, a history of success, and a willingness to adjust to an ever changing comssion structure.

Interview Question – Are these sales figures true? I see a lot of BS.   View Answer

Worked for Author Solutions? Contribute to the Community!