Author Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.3

Editorial A Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Great people. But it's been over a month and I still don't know if they've chosen anyone. Supposedly issues with getting approval. Not so interested anymore. How do they remember you after a month? They only met with me once. Applied for other jobs because I was tired of waiting for this "dream job" to give me an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you different than other candidates?   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Author Solutions.

Interview

I applied online using a resume and online form/application. The waiting period was about a week to hear back via email. Was called for an in-person interview with the person who would become my future boss. Interview was very casual and laid back, questions were very standard: What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years and why? What were your favorite things about past positions before applying here? After the interview, there was a short "writing test" administered, to test knowledge of grammar, style and overall writing ability. It took less than a half-hour to complete and was very basic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if the nature of the job would bother me (a very routine, monotonous work environment). Of course I said no, because I wanted the job and was wearing rose-colored glasses at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, but it was my first job out of college so I didn't have much power. I was sent an employee agreement with my offer of salary and had to accept or reject the offer within 24 hours.

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational and questions were very easy. What were your past design experiences, how you fit in to the culture. They also looked at your portfolio, so make it presentable and have things to talk about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary, hourly and very poor.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected. I initially had a phone interview, then I was called in for a in-person interview in the Indianapolis Office and then I was asked to go to Bloomington to interview at the Author Solutions headquarters. Other than the fact that the process was long, I have no complaints. I really enjoyed both interviews.

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was messy at the time I was hired but I believe has since been greatly improved upon. My initial interviewer was wonderful; professional, kind, and asked pertinent questions. The two individuals who conducted the second interview were sloppy, aloof, and at first had no idea what position they were interviewing me for. They have since been let go.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable sitting in a cubicle all day while making over 60 calls and speaking to authors for over 3 hours?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview, hired, put right to work

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Two separate interviews: First interview went exceptionally well due to my interviewer who happened to be my eventual manager Second interview went poorly due to interviewer (who was upper mgmt), who was eventually let go for incompetence You don't have to have a great deal of experience to be hired for this job

Offline Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the offline and online marketing communications supervisors. (2 people) Very pleasant experience, everyone is extremely nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

an intern position, so no negotiation

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume and prepared the online application for an open position. I went to a first interview with the immediate hiring supervisor. I was offered a follow up interview with the CFO. I was later called by HR with a job offer. I talked with the Hiring supervisor about certain benefits and questions prior to accepting the job offer. Everything was well explained and everything I was told held to be true. I felt there was honesty in the process and I still feel that way today, three years later.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relative and expected. Prepare for reasons how you can fulfill the job requirements and why you would be a good fit with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to secure reimbursement for CPE and licenses.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred from a college friend who had been employed with the company for about a year. She said it was an OK place to work for a first job, and after searching for four months post-graduation, I figured I might as well settle. The interview seemed rushed and non-personal. I'm pretty sure I was hired simply because my friend recommended me (which is fine, but not good on the company's part). The other two people hired in my department at that time had similar experiences.