Auto-Chlor System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by the regional manager via indeed. He liked my resume knowing I had no experience in this environment. The process is very slow and they act like they are the only job you are interviewing for. I emailed them and would have to wait days for a response. I got up to the phone interview and the guy drills me about not having experience. You emailed me knowing this?!?! He said he would "circle back" but I again had to call back only to hear they wanted someone with more experience in the industry. Don't waste people's time if you aren't going to hire them for not having experience by emailing them and putting them through this drawn out process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview screening, followed by aptitude testing, followed by a sit down interview with the branch and district manager. Auto-Chlor wants to all of this information so they can low-ball you. Pre-screening testing involved a lot of questions about your own integrity and criminal history. They must have a history with drug users and convicts because that's what they are screening for. So unless you smoke pot, drink alcohol, and fight your fellow co-workers on the job, you're clear. Also, the "online testing" involved leaving your SS# in their system, which was unsecured in their web browser -- I saw the SS# of probably the last 25+ people who applied. If you want to get your identity stolen, have a great time. I left a bogus one knowing this place was bunk. This place is covered with red flags. Don't be surprised if the positive reviews originated from an Auto-Chlor IP address.

Interview Questions

• "What was your salary at your last place of employment?"   1 Answer

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was contacted by a regional hiring manager and had a phone interview. Within a day I received an offer to interview locally, including mechanical aptitude and ethics assessments, scheduled it for the following week. After the local interview I was told to go to the DMV to have my records faxed.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com, and got a call for a phone interview 2 weeks after applying. I had a positive experience with the phone interviewer, so much that she set up an interview with the local branch manager. The branch that I applied for is a small branch, so everyone is like family. The branch manager and I talked briefly about my previous experience then I was asked to take 3 tests. The first test was an activity test, measuring my daily activity level, the second test was an intelligence test. For the third and final test, I was asked to answer questions about my integrity. Through and through I felt like the tests were pretty easy and fair in question. After all of the tests (1 1/2 hours) I was asked if I wanted to continue with a ride a long with one of the SSRs. Two days later I had my ride a long, positive experience from the moment I got there at 7:30 till the moment I left at noon. Before leaving I was asked to take a personality test (1 hour long). My official job offer didn't come for about 2 days (minus the weekend), which is an average wait. I have been fortunate to have gone through the whole process in little less than 2 weeks. I was also informed that the company would do a background/credit check along with a drug screen test. To me the reason for all the tests is because the company wants someone who fits, not someone who is there only for a paycheck. Many people at the local branch have been there for 10+ years, that says something about this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

The interview process was simple and to the point. Initial contact via email, phone interview via recruiter, phone interview via branch manager and then one on one interview with branch manager. All questions answered thoroughly and job duties explained clearly in regard to position I was hired for.

Negotiation

Very straight forward.

Shop Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to set up a two minute phone interview. About two weeks later I went in for a ride along with one of the service and sales representatives. About a week later I was called in for my first interview with the branch manager and about two weeks after that I had a second interview with the branch manager and regional VP. A few days later I came in for a third interview where the manager made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you would be a good fit with us here at Auto-Chlor?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

If I remember correctly, I took a few quick assessments the day of the 1st interview. I took a longer Sales assessment on the computer, and then I went out a day in the field with the Branch Manager, and finally, an interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• I cant remember specifically but I remember them really trying to make sure that I had motivation and that it was going to be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

base is pretty set but that isn't where the majority of income is earned. The commission structure is uncapped at 175% per contract. Trust me, there is money to be made in Phoenix.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Apply online, was contacted by Recruiter, then went thru 3 face to face interviews. Then went on a ride-along with a Service Technician. This was very informative. It gave me a very good insight into an average work day for the Service Technicians. It was also a good window into the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• The assessment tests were challenging, but not impossible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to provide detailed information about previous salary history.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Memphis, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very professional, thorough and quite pleasant. The management staff are friendly, very professional and treat their employees, as well as perspective employees, with the utmost respect. Normal candidate will interview 2-3 times, then will participate in a 'ride along' so they can see first hand what the job entails. (Standard drug & background screen for employment offers).

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you would be a good candidate for this position, should we make you an offer?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

a few phone interviews. met once at warehouse location. Very small office. very small yet large company with maybe a little room to grow, but not as big as ECOLAB... Very old school way to do business, yet not opened minded to advance or any innovation