Auto Club of Southern California

Relevance Date Difficulty

Branch Specialist II Interview

Branch Specialist II
Menifee, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in June 2014.

Interview Details – In mid May I found the job listing on Simply Hired.com. I applied on their website by completing a profile and submitting jobs in my cart. The process was painless but detailed. You immediately receive a confirmation email letting you know that they are currently reviewing your experience and qualifications. If an offer of employment is made to you, it will be contingent upon signing a Mutual and Binding Arbitration Agreement. A copy of this agreement is attached.
A couple days later I was invited to take a pre-employment assessment to continue the process. This took almost an hour and was pretty tough. Not tough problems so much just stressful since it is timed and I haven't done a timed test forever. I was notified that day via email that I passed the assessment and will be contacted by Human Resources if I am a selected candidate. (typically within 7 days)
Two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter for a telephone interview. It reviewed the job in more detail and asked more questions. It was a very comfortable conversation. I was told I would be contacted via telephone within the next week for a live interview with the branch manager.
He called me back the next week and set up the interview for the next day.
The interview was conducted in a private conference room. It was comfortable and regiment. He described the job in even more detailed and confirmed this is what I was wanting. AAA has an actual workbook for the interview questions for the manager to ask. The are the normal questions asking you to describe in detail experiences from previous jobs that you've had. ( A sale I didn't think I would close and how I closed it. A time when I helped a peer out of a difficult situation. A upset customer that I turned into a nice sale)
The next week I had an offer letter contingent on passing the drug and background check as well as signing the arbitration letter.
The same day I was contacted via telephone and email from another HR recruiter to walk me through the hireright.com background check and drug testing.I completed the drug test at a local clinic. It was harmless they just take a piece of your hair.
It took a little over a week to complete everything. I was told I would start on Tuesday and could not get ahold of the branch manager. This was frustrating because I had to make certain plans to start the job and never received a call or email on not starting the job. I was dressed and prepared in case I was coming in yet not hearing anything.
I started the next day.

Interview Question – A time when I helped another employee. I think their is a comradery in most work places so help doesn't get put into memory. It took a second to pick a specific time that had an impact.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate. I was given the offer I wanted.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant

Interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California

Interview Details – Had to apply on line. Was contacted by a phone screen. Sent an assessment to take. Passed the assement then invited to come in for an interview with the recruiter. Passed that then was asked to come back to meet with the manager. Was offered the position which was followed up by a couple of emails.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time that you had an hr related employment problem and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Field Sales Agent Interview

Field Sales Agent
Escondido, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in July 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone interview, very basic. Second round, psychology test, basic math, easy. Third round, basic sales interview complete with "sell me this pencil" type simulation. Somewhat challenging but not very creative. Same exact interview for every person. No conversation, just question and answer. Hair test for the drug screen and a background check as well.

Interview Question – Textbook interview questions. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $42,000 training pay during the 4 month training period. 5 weeks in Costa Mesa. No set office location until you start. After that you can make 80-100K if you hit goals. Top Reps make over $200K.

Very Difficult Interview

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Insurance Customer Service Representative
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in June 2014.

Interview Details – 2 and 1/2 hours for interview process. Way way way less for some if you did not pass the initial roleplay as you will be there less than 1 hour. First 15 minutes was a call center director going over the company culture, benefits, call center life and pay. If you pass roleplay, next up is the 1 on 1 interview with someone that is in management at AAA. If you pass that, it's a panel interview next and you will know right then and there if you are hired or not for job there is no waiting. About 8 people are in a room. Call center director tells all they can't hire everyone right up front. Very few pass all three processes of roleplay and the two interviews. Some end up reapplying a second and a third time within 6 mos. to a year period. If you do not pass the on site round of roleplay/interviews, the applicant is unable to apply again for 6 months, but can apply for other positions, just not that specific one.

Interview Question – Customer calls in to make a payment but payment method differs.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

I applied in-person - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in March 2014.

Interview Details – They have job fairs all year round .... always people leaving or being fired

Customer Service Representative (Insurance) Interview

Customer Service Representative (Insurance)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent an assessment test to take in which i passed. I was then contacted by HR for a phone interview which consisted of more information about the job and can I commit to it. HR contacted me a few days later to schedule me for an in-person interview. The interview was located near USC where there were multiple candidates "Job Fair Interview"

The first step was role playing and If you passed you move on to the next step.
The next step was a one on one with a supervisor in which I did not pass.
But, if you did you would then interview with a manager and if you pass that you're hired.

I feel as if they cut so many great candidates like myself which is why they have a high turnover rate especially in the call center department. I have more than enough customer service skills, proper phone etiquette, etc... The interview questions were not that difficult and I felt as if I answered them to the best of my ability. But, what you think is good may not be for the interviewer.

But, when one door closes another one will open. Right after I interviewed with the city and was hired :)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when . . . Behavioral Situation Questions   View Answer

Direct Sales Agent Training Interview

Direct Sales Agent Training
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview Details – Applied 2wks ago. Interviewed by phone with HR representative, then I had an interview by panel in person today. Interview was punctual to scheduled time and took about 30 minutes. The next step is to wait for either letter or phone call from HR representative. If I am moved forward there will be another interview. Waiting!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had conflicting demands. Describe time when a guest wasn't happy with something.   Answer Question

Emergency Road Service Representative I Interview

Emergency Road Service Representative I

Interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California

Interview Details – very pleasant and comfortable

Interview Question – no question was to diffiult   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Consultant Interview

Strategic Sourcing Consultant
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of Computer Assessment tests on Personality, Culture/Environment/Ethics, etc. Interviews consisted of 3 -4 interviews. Entire process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Question – Explain your weaknesses . . .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but they are pretty stingy with money . . . they like to call it "Conservative". Just a matter of verbiage, really. Benefits are average but they do provide pension.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview. Then in-person with panel. Then came back one more time for exec level interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle deadlines? Obviously by meeting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated higher.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auto Club of Southern California

Worked for Auto Club of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!