Auto Club of Southern California

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative (Insurance) Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent an assessment test to take in which i passed. I was then contacted by HR for a phone interview which consisted of more information about the job and can I commit to it. HR contacted me a few days later to schedule me for an in-person interview. The interview was located near USC where there were multiple candidates "Job Fair Interview"

The first step was role playing and If you passed you move on to the next step.
The next step was a one on one with a supervisor in which I did not pass.
But, if you did you would then interview with a manager and if you pass that you're hired.

I feel as if they cut so many great candidates like myself which is why they have a high turnover rate especially in the call center department. I have more than enough customer service skills, proper phone etiquette, etc... The interview questions were not that difficult and I felt as if I answered them to the best of my ability. But, what you think is good may not be for the interviewer.

But, when one door closes another one will open. Right after I interviewed with the city and was hired :)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when . . . Behavioral Situation Questions   View Answer

Direct Sales Agent Training Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview Details – Applied 2wks ago. Interviewed by phone with HR representative, then I had an interview by panel in person today. Interview was punctual to scheduled time and took about 30 minutes. The next step is to wait for either letter or phone call from HR representative. If I am moved forward there will be another interview. Waiting!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had conflicting demands. Describe time when a guest wasn't happy with something.   Answer Question

Emergency Road Service Representative I Interview

Interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California

Interview Details – very pleasant and comfortable

Interview Question – no question was to diffiult   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Consultant Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of Computer Assessment tests on Personality, Culture/Environment/Ethics, etc. Interviews consisted of 3 -4 interviews. Entire process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Question – Explain your weaknesses . . .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but they are pretty stingy with money . . . they like to call it "Conservative". Just a matter of verbiage, really. Benefits are average but they do provide pension.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview. Then in-person with panel. Then came back one more time for exec level interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle deadlines? Obviously by meeting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated higher.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2010.

Interview Details – was in a prior dept so, didn't have an interview.

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview Details – Internet, website

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Policy Service Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview Details – there is an initial phone interview and then a customer service assessment test that ask questions to test your customer service skills and personality type. if you pass the assessment you then have a face to face interview where you will be asked a series of questions regarding possible scenarios or common problems in the work place and how you would handle them. if you pass the interview you will then go to take a drug test wich is the final part . if hired you will have about a 1-1/2 month training you may or may not recieve addl training in membership services also ( no pay increase for addl traning) typically 50 cent raise after

Interview Question – they ask for specific times when you dealt with the situation. kind of hard to think of those times on the spot   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring Manager ( Manager of the division I was applying for) reached out to me and did an initial phone screen. The phone interview for the most part was straight forward except for one comment from Hiring Manager - that the role requires a more direct work experience with consumer facing web portals.

I was bit surprised by the callback for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by a small panel comprising of the Hiring Manager and another Product Manager. This interview was again straightforward except I could NOT convince the Hiring Manager about the merits of actually using historical usage data to make future projections.

All in all I had a feeling that I was NOT the perfect match for the role. But I was expecting at least a cursory email saying that they were passing on me.

I tried contacting the Hiring Manager couple of times seeking feedback on the interview and did not even get an acknowledgement which was disappointing - considering I had invested considerable amount of time on interviews

Interview Question – How do you make projections on web page usage without using historical data?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who went through my resume basically job by job to ask why I wasn't there anymore. That was fine but I was called back a week later and asked the exact same questions by the exact same guy.
I was asked several times if I was willing to make the commute. I answered several times that I had no problem with it. If I didn't want the commute, I would not have submitted the application.

Interview Question – This is not so much a question as it is an observation...
When I was invited to do an in person interview, I was made to wait at least 40 minutes before the two interviewers actually met with me. Once they got there, they spent the first 10 minutes trying to talk me out of the job and paint the picture of a horrible, dismal workplace and that the turnover was high and that it was a high pressure sales environment. That would lead me to believe it would not be a good fit for me. Either they are using aggressive interview tactics to weed out weaker candidates or they are just unprofessional. Either way, I did not like the vibe for it.
I was offered another interview with a higher up but declined that and withdrew my application.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Even though the job market is tough right now, I don't want to get hired on at a place where I will be miserable. The training and benefits seem awesome but many of the people I walked past who worked there looked very unhappy. You would also be forced to work 50-70 hour weeks commission only at a certain point. Not for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auto Club of Southern California

Worked for Auto Club of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auto Club of Southern California interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Auto Club of Southern California employees and interview candidates.