Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager directly the next day to schedule an online test. The test was mainly a personality test regarding how I would react in certain situations, etc. After I passed that I was scheduled to come back for an interview. I was interviewed by two managers, then I had to submit a writing sample. Next was a simulation over the phone where I had to deal with an angry customer. Finally, I met with manager whose team I would be on. The whole process took about 4 hours, which was not communicated to me when the interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are situational in nature. Interviewers are looking for specific examples to convey your experiences.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

On line application; online test, few people pass the test, but if you do, then a panel interview with role playing of sales. Depending on the managers that are there, you may get an offer, may not. You can apply again in 90 days. If you come on strong about not caring about how many hours or phone calls it takes, they will probably make you an offer. Then, no matter where you live, you have to go to training in Long Beach for 3 months, Costa Mesa for one month.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating; you can't even pick what office you want to be in. Good luck figuring out the pay plan of full commission. It is punitive and you have no book of business. You have to earn your vacation money based on how many sales you have a quarter. Take the time off for a vacation, your sales go down, and you do not get the money for next quarter. No quality of life with this job....work every other Saturday to boot.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in July 2014.

Applied online for the call center position. After 2 weeks I received an email from the recruiter of the department. I then scheduled a call time appointment with her to do a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty simple/basic. Questions were straightforward mainly about customer service and why I was wanting to work there. I was then told I passed the phone interview and was called to schedule an in person interview but declined.

The pay mainly and also the call center environment.

Insurance Sales Agent Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in July 2014.

I was interviewed at the Burbank CA branch, by two branch managers. The day was 105 degrees in temperature, I was interviewed in a room where the sun was hitting directly into the windows. The air conditioner was off the entire interview. The first 5 minutes into the interview the two managers interviewing me were sweating, and they apologized to me for not being able to interview me in another room. When the manager attempted to turn on the air conditioner he looked puzzled as he had never changed the temperature of a control panel for air conditioner. There excuse was that that is not the branch they manage and cannot get another room. During the first question that I was asked by the manager, he began texting on his cell phone as I answered the questions. After, he asked the second question he immediately checked his cell phone again. When he asked me how much income I expect to earn, after I answered he giggled. After, that I became very uncomfortable, because my first impression was " I would dislike to work under this type of leadership. If that manager carried himself with a disrespectful attitude, I can imagine how he treats the people that work for him. I have years of experience in the sales corporate field, I was well dressed in a nice suit, hair groomed, and maintained a very professional attitude. Once I was told to role play a stimulation that is given at the end of the oral interview, I explained the manager how rude he was, and at the end of the day the company has to sell themselves also since it is 100% commission paid type of job. He then told me how much potential he saw in me, and that I was manager material, and how successful he knew I would be working for the company. Of course I was not interested in working with a team that is not professional, and disrespectful to potential internal customers. I shook one of the managers hand and walk out of the steaming hot office .The regional manager contacted me minutes after I walked out of the interview. However, I was driving and it wasn't a convenient time for me to speak. He then said he would call me after his meeting, its been 3 days later and I have yet to receive a call from him. I was surprised that a reputable organization would have managers like them in the front line.

Interview Questions
    • We all make mistakes, tell me about a time where you have made a mistake that could have gone unnoticed.   Answer Question

Be aware the job is 100% commission, and there hiring managers that interview you, do not make the environment comfortable, rude, to professional at all, and do not have leadership skills under their belt, rather its the traditional old fashion managerial method to operate the business.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Had to apply on line. Was contacted by a phone screen. Sent an assessment to take. Passed the assement then invited to come in for an interview with the recruiter. Passed that then was asked to come back to meet with the manager. Was offered the position which was followed up by a couple of emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you had an hr related employment problem and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    None

Branch Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menifee, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menifee, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in June 2014.

In mid May I found the job listing on Simply Hired.com. I applied on their website by completing a profile and submitting jobs in my cart. The process was painless but detailed. You immediately receive a confirmation email letting you know that they are currently reviewing your experience and qualifications. If an offer of employment is made to you, it will be contingent upon signing a Mutual and Binding Arbitration Agreement. A copy of this agreement is attached.
    A couple days later I was invited to take a pre-employment assessment to continue the process. This took almost an hour and was pretty tough. Not tough problems so much just stressful since it is timed and I haven't done a timed test forever. I was notified that day via email that I passed the assessment and will be contacted by Human Resources if I am a selected candidate. (typically within 7 days)
    Two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter for a telephone interview. It reviewed the job in more detail and asked more questions. It was a very comfortable conversation. I was told I would be contacted via telephone within the next week for a live interview with the branch manager.
    He called me back the next week and set up the interview for the next day.
    The interview was conducted in a private conference room. It was comfortable and regiment. He described the job in even more detailed and confirmed this is what I was wanting. AAA has an actual workbook for the interview questions for the manager to ask. The are the normal questions asking you to describe in detail experiences from previous jobs that you've had. ( A sale I didn't think I would close and how I closed it. A time when I helped a peer out of a difficult situation. A upset customer that I turned into a nice sale)
    The next week I had an offer letter contingent on passing the drug and background check as well as signing the arbitration letter.
    The same day I was contacted via telephone and email from another HR recruiter to walk me through the hireright.com background check and drug testing.I completed the drug test at a local clinic. It was harmless they just take a piece of your hair.
    It took a little over a week to complete everything. I was told I would start on Tuesday and could not get ahold of the branch manager. This was frustrating because I had to make certain plans to start the job and never received a call or email on not starting the job. I was dressed and prepared in case I was coming in yet not hearing anything.
    I started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • A time when I helped another employee. I think their is a comradery in most work places so help doesn't get put into memory. It took a second to pick a specific time that had an impact.   Answer Question
    I did not have to negotiate. I was given the offer I wanted.

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in June 2014.

2 and 1/2 hours for interview process. Way way way less for some if you did not pass the initial roleplay as you will be there less than 1 hour. First 15 minutes was a call center director going over the company culture, benefits, call center life and pay. If you pass roleplay, next up is the 1 on 1 interview with someone that is in management at AAA. If you pass that, it's a panel interview next and you will know right then and there if you are hired or not for job there is no waiting. About 8 people are in a room. Call center director tells all they can't hire everyone right up front. Very few pass all three processes of roleplay and the two interviews. Some end up reapplying a second and a third time within 6 mos. to a year period. If you do not pass the on site round of roleplay/interviews, the applicant is unable to apply again for 6 months, but can apply for other positions, just not that specific one.

Interview Questions
    • Customer calls in to make a payment but payment method differs.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Agent Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Applied 2wks ago. Interviewed by phone with HR representative, then I had an interview by panel in person today. Interview was punctual to scheduled time and took about 30 minutes. The next step is to wait for either letter or phone call from HR representative. If I am moved forward there will be another interview. Waiting!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had conflicting demands. Describe time when a guest wasn't happy with something.   Answer Question

Emergency Road Service Representative I Interview

very pleasant and comfortable

Customer Service Representative (Insurance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2014.

I applied online and was sent an assessment test to take in which i passed. I was then contacted by HR for a phone interview which consisted of more information about the job and can I commit to it. HR contacted me a few days later to schedule me for an in-person interview. The interview was located near USC where there were multiple candidates "Job Fair Interview"

The first step was role playing and If you passed you move on to the next step.
    The next step was a one on one with a supervisor in which I did not pass.
    But, if you did you would then interview with a manager and if you pass that you're hired.

I feel as if they cut so many great candidates like myself which is why they have a high turnover rate especially in the call center department. I have more than enough customer service skills, proper phone etiquette, etc... The interview questions were not that difficult and I felt as if I answered them to the best of my ability. But, what you think is good may not be for the interviewer.

But, when one door closes another one will open. Right after I interviewed with the city and was hired :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when . . . Behavioral Situation Questions   View Answer