Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in March 2014.

They have job fairs all year round .... always people leaving or being fired

Customer Service Representative (Insurance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2014.

I applied online and was sent an assessment test to take in which i passed. I was then contacted by HR for a phone interview which consisted of more information about the job and can I commit to it. HR contacted me a few days later to schedule me for an in-person interview. The interview was located near USC where there were multiple candidates "Job Fair Interview"

The first step was role playing and If you passed you move on to the next step.
    The next step was a one on one with a supervisor in which I did not pass.
    But, if you did you would then interview with a manager and if you pass that you're hired.

I feel as if they cut so many great candidates like myself which is why they have a high turnover rate especially in the call center department. I have more than enough customer service skills, proper phone etiquette, etc... The interview questions were not that difficult and I felt as if I answered them to the best of my ability. But, what you think is good may not be for the interviewer.

But, when one door closes another one will open. Right after I interviewed with the city and was hired :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when . . . Behavioral Situation Questions   View Answer

Direct Sales Agent Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Applied 2wks ago. Interviewed by phone with HR representative, then I had an interview by panel in person today. Interview was punctual to scheduled time and took about 30 minutes. The next step is to wait for either letter or phone call from HR representative. If I am moved forward there will be another interview. Waiting!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had conflicting demands. Describe time when a guest wasn't happy with something.   Answer Question

Emergency Road Service Representative I Interview

very pleasant and comfortable

Strategic Sourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2012.

Lots of Computer Assessment tests on Personality, Culture/Environment/Ethics, etc. Interviews consisted of 3 -4 interviews. Entire process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but they are pretty stingy with money . . . they like to call it "Conservative". Just a matter of verbiage, really. Benefits are average but they do provide pension.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Started with phone interview. Then in-person with panel. Then came back one more time for exec level interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle deadlines? Obviously by meeting them.   Answer Question
    Negotiated higher.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2010.

was in a prior dept so, didn't have an interview.

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Internet, website

Policy Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

there is an initial phone interview and then a customer service assessment test that ask questions to test your customer service skills and personality type. if you pass the assessment you then have a face to face interview where you will be asked a series of questions regarding possible scenarios or common problems in the work place and how you would handle them. if you pass the interview you will then go to take a drug test wich is the final part . if hired you will have about a 1-1/2 month training you may or may not recieve addl training in membership services also ( no pay increase for addl traning) typically 50 cent raise after

Interview Questions
    • they ask for specific times when you dealt with the situation. kind of hard to think of those times on the spot   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2013.

The Hiring Manager ( Manager of the division I was applying for) reached out to me and did an initial phone screen. The phone interview for the most part was straight forward except for one comment from Hiring Manager - that the role requires a more direct work experience with consumer facing web portals.

I was bit surprised by the callback for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by a small panel comprising of the Hiring Manager and another Product Manager. This interview was again straightforward except I could NOT convince the Hiring Manager about the merits of actually using historical usage data to make future projections.

All in all I had a feeling that I was NOT the perfect match for the role. But I was expecting at least a cursory email saying that they were passing on me.

I tried contacting the Hiring Manager couple of times seeking feedback on the interview and did not even get an acknowledgement which was disappointing - considering I had invested considerable amount of time on interviews

Interview Questions
    • How do you make projections on web page usage without using historical data?   Answer Question