Auto Club of Southern California

2.9

Emergency Road Service Representative I Interview

very pleasant and comfortable

Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in March 2014.

They have job fairs all year round .... always people leaving or being fired

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Internet, website

Policy Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

there is an initial phone interview and then a customer service assessment test that ask questions to test your customer service skills and personality type. if you pass the assessment you then have a face to face interview where you will be asked a series of questions regarding possible scenarios or common problems in the work place and how you would handle them. if you pass the interview you will then go to take a drug test wich is the final part . if hired you will have about a 1-1/2 month training you may or may not recieve addl training in membership services also ( no pay increase for addl traning) typically 50 cent raise after

Interview Questions
    • they ask for specific times when you dealt with the situation. kind of hard to think of those times on the spot   Answer Question

Field Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in July 2013.

First round phone interview, very basic. Second round, psychology test, basic math, easy. Third round, basic sales interview complete with "sell me this pencil" type simulation. Somewhat challenging but not very creative. Same exact interview for every person. No conversation, just question and answer. Hair test for the drug screen and a background check as well.

Interview Questions
    $42,000 training pay during the 4 month training period. 5 weeks in Costa Mesa. No set office location until you start. After that you can make 80-100K if you hit goals. Top Reps make over $200K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2013.

I submitted an application online. I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who went through my resume basically job by job to ask why I wasn't there anymore. That was fine but I was called back a week later and asked the exact same questions by the exact same guy.
    I was asked several times if I was willing to make the commute. I answered several times that I had no problem with it. If I didn't want the commute, I would not have submitted the application.

Interview Questions
    • This is not so much a question as it is an observation...
      When I was invited to do an in person interview, I was made to wait at least 40 minutes before the two interviewers actually met with me. Once they got there, they spent the first 10 minutes trying to talk me out of the job and paint the picture of a horrible, dismal workplace and that the turnover was high and that it was a high pressure sales environment. That would lead me to believe it would not be a good fit for me. Either they are using aggressive interview tactics to weed out weaker candidates or they are just unprofessional. Either way, I did not like the vibe for it.
      I was offered another interview with a higher up but declined that and withdrew my application.

View Answer

Even though the job market is tough right now, I don't want to get hired on at a place where I will be miserable. The training and benefits seem awesome but many of the people I walked past who worked there looked very unhappy. You would also be forced to work 50-70 hour weeks commission only at a certain point. Not for me.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Computer personality test. Screening interview. Urine drug test. 3 team manager panel interview. Simulated claim role-playing. Hair sample drug test.

Interview Questions
    Phone call with an offer. Basically, "take it or leave it."

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2013.

The Hiring Manager ( Manager of the division I was applying for) reached out to me and did an initial phone screen. The phone interview for the most part was straight forward except for one comment from Hiring Manager - that the role requires a more direct work experience with consumer facing web portals.

I was bit surprised by the callback for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by a small panel comprising of the Hiring Manager and another Product Manager. This interview was again straightforward except I could NOT convince the Hiring Manager about the merits of actually using historical usage data to make future projections.

All in all I had a feeling that I was NOT the perfect match for the role. But I was expecting at least a cursory email saying that they were passing on me.

I tried contacting the Hiring Manager couple of times seeking feedback on the interview and did not even get an acknowledgement which was disappointing - considering I had invested considerable amount of time on interviews

Interview Questions
    • How do you make projections on web page usage without using historical data?   Answer Question

Policy Service Specialist Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2013.

Customer Service focused questions. Tell me why you want to work here? Tell me about your previous employer. You get 3 interviews all in one day. First you role play, then you talk to someone about your employment history and last you talk to someone about the position and they make you and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation with a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Commission Only. You can make bonuses ( vacation pay)

Interview Questions
    • Typical STAR questions. One I remember was give me a time when you didn't get along with your manager?   Answer Question