Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions & Reviews

44 interviews

2.9

Strategic Sourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2012.

Lots of Computer Assessment tests on Personality, Culture/Environment/Ethics, etc. Interviews consisted of 3 -4 interviews. Entire process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but they are pretty stingy with money . . . they like to call it "Conservative". Just a matter of verbiage, really. Benefits are average but they do provide pension.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Started with phone interview. Then in-person with panel. Then came back one more time for exec level interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle deadlines? Obviously by meeting them.   Answer Question
    Negotiated higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2010.

was in a prior dept so, didn't have an interview.

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Internet, website

Policy Service Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

there is an initial phone interview and then a customer service assessment test that ask questions to test your customer service skills and personality type. if you pass the assessment you then have a face to face interview where you will be asked a series of questions regarding possible scenarios or common problems in the work place and how you would handle them. if you pass the interview you will then go to take a drug test wich is the final part . if hired you will have about a 1-1/2 month training you may or may not recieve addl training in membership services also ( no pay increase for addl traning) typically 50 cent raise after

Interview Questions
    • they ask for specific times when you dealt with the situation. kind of hard to think of those times on the spot   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in April 2013.

The Hiring Manager ( Manager of the division I was applying for) reached out to me and did an initial phone screen. The phone interview for the most part was straight forward except for one comment from Hiring Manager - that the role requires a more direct work experience with consumer facing web portals.

I was bit surprised by the callback for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by a small panel comprising of the Hiring Manager and another Product Manager. This interview was again straightforward except I could NOT convince the Hiring Manager about the merits of actually using historical usage data to make future projections.

All in all I had a feeling that I was NOT the perfect match for the role. But I was expecting at least a cursory email saying that they were passing on me.

I tried contacting the Hiring Manager couple of times seeking feedback on the interview and did not even get an acknowledgement which was disappointing - considering I had invested considerable amount of time on interviews

Interview Questions
    • How do you make projections on web page usage without using historical data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2013.

I submitted an application online. I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who went through my resume basically job by job to ask why I wasn't there anymore. That was fine but I was called back a week later and asked the exact same questions by the exact same guy.
    I was asked several times if I was willing to make the commute. I answered several times that I had no problem with it. If I didn't want the commute, I would not have submitted the application.

Interview Questions
    • This is not so much a question as it is an observation...
      When I was invited to do an in person interview, I was made to wait at least 40 minutes before the two interviewers actually met with me. Once they got there, they spent the first 10 minutes trying to talk me out of the job and paint the picture of a horrible, dismal workplace and that the turnover was high and that it was a high pressure sales environment. That would lead me to believe it would not be a good fit for me. Either they are using aggressive interview tactics to weed out weaker candidates or they are just unprofessional. Either way, I did not like the vibe for it.
      I was offered another interview with a higher up but declined that and withdrew my application.
        View Answer

Even though the job market is tough right now, I don't want to get hired on at a place where I will be miserable. The training and benefits seem awesome but many of the people I walked past who worked there looked very unhappy. You would also be forced to work 50-70 hour weeks commission only at a certain point. Not for me.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Computer personality test. Screening interview. Urine drug test. 3 team manager panel interview. Simulated claim role-playing. Hair sample drug test.

Interview Questions
    Phone call with an offer. Basically, "take it or leave it."

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in August 2012.

Interview covered employment history, previous experience and "what would you do", "how would you handle" questions but nothing structured or based on previous behaviors.

Interview Questions
    Salary was negotiable within a pre-defined range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Commission Only. You can make bonuses ( vacation pay)

Interview Questions
    • Typical STAR questions. One I remember was give me a time when you didn't get along with your manager?   Answer Question