Auto Club of Southern California

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Agent

I applied in-person - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in March 2014.

Interview Details – They have job fairs all year round .... always people leaving or being fired

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2010.

Interview Details – was in a prior dept so, didn't have an interview.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who went through my resume basically job by job to ask why I wasn't there anymore. That was fine but I was called back a week later and asked the exact same questions by the exact same guy.
I was asked several times if I was willing to make the commute. I answered several times that I had no problem with it. If I didn't want the commute, I would not have submitted the application.

Interview Question – This is not so much a question as it is an observation...
When I was invited to do an in person interview, I was made to wait at least 40 minutes before the two interviewers actually met with me. Once they got there, they spent the first 10 minutes trying to talk me out of the job and paint the picture of a horrible, dismal workplace and that the turnover was high and that it was a high pressure sales environment. That would lead me to believe it would not be a good fit for me. Either they are using aggressive interview tactics to weed out weaker candidates or they are just unprofessional. Either way, I did not like the vibe for it.
I was offered another interview with a higher up but declined that and withdrew my application.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Even though the job market is tough right now, I don't want to get hired on at a place where I will be miserable. The training and benefits seem awesome but many of the people I walked past who worked there looked very unhappy. You would also be forced to work 50-70 hour weeks commission only at a certain point. Not for me.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview Details – Commission Only. You can make bonuses ( vacation pay)

Interview Question – Typical STAR questions. One I remember was give me a time when you didn't get along with your manager?   Answer Question

Escondido, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in September 2012.

Interview Details – Called the manager at the local office and I emailed my resume. Got called right away to take the personality test, which went ok.. then was contacted to do an interview in the claims center/training facility in Escondido, Ca. I interviewed with two other managers from other offices in San Diego that took turns asking me questions such as "tell me about a time that you were part of a team that did not meet their goals", and "tell me about your most difficult sale situation," "how much do you need to make and how much do you want to make." Why the auto club... etc..." I understand they only do the role play in which you have to sell them a product if they think you are a good fit. I didn't make it that far... no role play...so I knew it was not good news... I get an email next day, a mass generated email from the auto club website saying that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Question – How much do you need to make...???(IS THERE A RIGHT/WRONG ANSWER HERE?) you need to have your entire work career at your fingertips and give them really good answers, I don't recall specific events....and they are looking for SPECIFICS!   View Answer

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Interview Details – The process was multi-step. First was an interview with the local sales manager. Second was a 2 part test inlcuding math skills. Third, was a 3 part interview consisting of two oral interviews with sales managers and a role play with a 3rd sales manager. Math test was challenging. The role play consisted of a similar business to Auto Club sales. Don't get discouraged if you don't get the sale...I understand that no one does.

Interview Question – Role play the role of sales agent selling a membership and guaranteed income insurance if you are unemployed.   View Answer

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process was very detailed. Looks like they take a large pool of applicants and narrowed it down to a couple. The rejection is quick as I whatched people getting booted at the end of each process.

Interview Question – Sales Test was pretty challenging, but not to bad   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Sales Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2007.

Interview Details – The first step is a personality and leadership test along with basic language and math assessments. If you have a pulse, can pass the tests, and can afford to live on what they pay you, then you will get the job. The key is to pass the sales assessment. Approach the test like you are the happiest most outgoing person in the world. You should really have had some experience in sales to make it as a sales agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is not any negotiation with salary, you spend an amount of time in training and then go into production with a forgivable draw. After a couple months you get full commission with a very small forgivable draw.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auto Club of Southern California

Worked for Auto Club of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auto Club of Southern California Sales Agent interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Auto Club of Southern California employees and interview candidates.