Auto-Owners Insurance Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about 3-hours from when I arrived to when I exited to building. I was taken to the actuarial department by someone from HR. They explained that I would have six 30-minute interviews with different managers in the actuarial department. The interviews were very much on a get-to-know-you basis. Most wanted to find an area of common interest and have you talk about that. Be sure to explain how you are good for the job through your conversation, though, and try not to get too off topic.

Interview Questions

• If you were in our shoes, why wouldn't you hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on wages. The wages are fair and are not the most important thing in an internship anyway. They were very flexible in starting date and said to just give a two-weeks notice when I plan to finish for the summer.

Other Interview Reviews for Auto-Owners Insurance

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with 4 teams of two people at a time in the Human Resources department for about 45 minutes each interview. The entire process only took just over 3 hours. It was a friendly atmosphere, and the interviewers were casual with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide and example of a situation encountered in a previous job, where you had to fix a coworkers mistake or work with a difficult person. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate, I was happy with the offer.