Auto-Owners Insurance

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance.

Interview Details – Quick, not a lot of time with the people you interview with. 4 interviews with various departments. Lasted a total of 20 minutes. Interviewers are very friendly. No hard questions, no questions that take you out of comfort zone. Very laid back interview process. Waiting for a response from the company takes a long time.

Negotiation Details – They won't negotiate. The offer is the offer. You can take it or leave it.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Sucks because they don't post job openings so you have no clue what they have available so you're taking a risk at wasting your time. Received a call in two weeks and invited for an interview. Interviewed with the RVP and 2 managers for an hour. Received a call for the job in two weeks. The salary offered was lower than I what asked for and much lower than the national average for similar experience and job title. Asked if they were willing to negotiate and they said no. Really needed the job so I accepted.

Interview Question – Name our 10 core values and explain why they may be important in any business atmosphere.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotitation. Here at A-O, it's either their way (The A-O way) or the highway. No flex on salary, work time (8-4:30 only) when to take lunch (1st lunch 11:30) or what to wear (ties and dress shirts and dress pants, even on Fridays).

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance.

Interview Details – Submitted application. Received a call within 2 weeks. Came in and had standard interview with 3 different people. Received a call within 1 week and received and offer.

Interview Question – No off the walls questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back. The first interview was 1:1 where he let me do most of the talking by asking questions about the company, the position, etc. Then he asked me a few standard questions like what is my biggest weakness, name a time I encountered a problem with another employee and how I fixed it, and a few others. I then got a phone call a week later to come in for a second interview. This interview consisted of 2 different panels of 2 people and then meeting with the regional vice president. It was again laid back but a little more formal than the first interview. Each panel asked similar questions, although the questions this time were a little more difficult. For example, if someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called and why?, how do you handle stressful situations?, if another employee was slacking off on his/her work and it was causing you to do more work, how would you handle this?, etc. Overall the interview I thought went well, but I wasn't offered a position at this time.

Interview Questions

Underwriter

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three different people. Mostly just basic questions asking about former experiences and why I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – If you could pick any one superpower what would it be?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Underwriting

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in February 2008.

Interview Details – Short 1:1 face to face interviews with 3 different supervisors. Felt more like a meet and greet then an interview. Very simple. Questions consisted of "what brings you here", "name a strength and weakness", "what is your ideal work environment"

Interview Question – Describe your ideal work environment   Answer Question

Worked for Auto-Owners Insurance? Contribute to the Community!