Auto-Owners Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was completed in an hour and a half. Had three separate interviews. The first interview was with the commercial lines underwriting supervisor and consisted of basic interview questions. They seemed to want to get to know your personality because alot of the questions were based off of how you managed dealing with people in your last job and in college. The second interview was with the personal lines underwriting supervisors and consisted of the exact same questions as the first interview. The last interview was with the underwriting manager for the building and was just a casual get to know you session. It took two weeks for them to call me back due to them not being able to get ahold of my references at first.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle living out of the dorms in College?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Auto-Owners Insurance

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance.

Interview

Quick, not a lot of time with the people you interview with. 4 interviews with various departments. Lasted a total of 20 minutes. Interviewers are very friendly. No hard questions, no questions that take you out of comfort zone. Very laid back interview process. Waiting for a response from the company takes a long time.

Negotiation

They won't negotiate. The offer is the offer. You can take it or leave it.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Submitted application online. Sucks because they don't post job openings so you have no clue what they have available so you're taking a risk at wasting your time. Received a call in two weeks and invited for an interview. Interviewed with the RVP and 2 managers for an hour. Received a call for the job in two weeks. The salary offered was lower than I what asked for and much lower than the national average for similar experience and job title. Asked if they were willing to negotiate and they said no. Really needed the job so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name our 10 core values and explain why they may be important in any business atmosphere.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotitation. Here at A-O, it's either their way (The A-O way) or the highway. No flex on salary, work time (8-4:30 only) when to take lunch (1st lunch 11:30) or what to wear (ties and dress shirts and dress pants, even on Fridays).

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Submitted application. Received a call within 2 weeks. Came in and had standard interview with 3 different people. Received a call within 1 week and received and offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. The first interview was 1:1 where he let me do most of the talking by asking questions about the company, the position, etc. Then he asked me a few standard questions like what is my biggest weakness, name a time I encountered a problem with another employee and how I fixed it, and a few others. I then got a phone call a week later to come in for a second interview. This interview consisted of 2 different panels of 2 people and then meeting with the regional vice president. It was again laid back but a little more formal than the first interview. Each panel asked similar questions, although the questions this time were a little more difficult. For example, if someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called and why?, how do you handle stressful situations?, if another employee was slacking off on his/her work and it was causing you to do more work, how would you handle this?, etc. Overall the interview I thought went well, but I wasn't offered a position at this time.

Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. Mostly just basic questions asking about former experiences and why I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any one superpower what would it be?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance in February 2008.

Interview

Short 1:1 face to face interviews with 3 different supervisors. Felt more like a meet and greet then an interview. Very simple. Questions consisted of "what brings you here", "name a strength and weakness", "what is your ideal work environment"