Auto Trader UK

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.5

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Auto Trader UK.

Straight forward process which lasted about an hour, initially they explained the role in more detail and gave some context to the team structure, then I was asked to talk through my CV picking out relevant experience, then moved on to competency based questions. Speedy feedback via recruitment agent and the people seemed friendly.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Auto Trader UK in April 2014.

Apply Online, Invited to an assessment day if successful.
    Assessment Day:
    - Short group task: build a structure out of marshmallows & spaghetti (aims to test team working ability + see who takes the lead)
    - Interview with two assessors: Laid back chat with two employees about your background and why you want the job, nothing too challenging
    - Maths & SQL test: Just a quick test to check you can do basic maths & logic (the results are used less for assessment and more for training)
    - Java test: Design a simple program to parse and do a little bit of logic around a text file. This is more about how you think than how amazing your java ability is.
    - Group presentation

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you dealt and solved a problem?   View Answer
    Little negotiation necessary, initial contract conditions were generous.

Anomous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auto Trader UK in August 2011.

1st and 2nd stage interview, held at the offices, with both peers and manager. Hiring process was simple with contract received quickly. Communications we're prompt and clear, but the best thing about the whole experience was meeting other people at reception whilst waiting for my interviews begin. Everyone seemed so happy and very friendly, everyone let on and smiled at each other. Having interviewed elsewhere and seeing the complete opposite, this made me feel confident the company was a place of work where people enjoyed being.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very two way process, which was great, but could of prepared more questions to ask   Answer Question
    Easy, I was offered a good/fair salary and benefits package from the start

Senior User Experience Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Auto Trader UK in March 2011.

3 hrs long interview, with pair programming