AutoNation

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview Details – Went very well. I interviewed first with the cashier supervisor. She basically gave me a rundown of the day to day tasks, etc.. I then met with the Service Manager. He also gave me a rundown of the company and how it operates. The whole process took about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – I was just asked about my previous work experience, if I was ok with the hours, shifts, etc...No out of the blue, off the wall questions that are designed to catch you off guard, which I appreciated. Both interviewers were very nice people. I am pretty sure I didn't get the job, since most jobs I have had, I was hired on the spot. I got the old...."I have another interview coming in at x time, so we will be in touch." The service manager explained to me that he likes people who can grow with the company, and I slipped up and said that there is a possibility that I may only be in town for less than three years.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoNation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Met with interview who was pre-occupied with phone calls from real estate broker.
Not sincere with questions. Interviewer did have time to discuss the job responsibilities should have rescheduled but didn't.

Interview Question – No traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview Details – Met with service manager after submitting resume. Brief interview, standard pre-hire testing, promise of plentiful hours and maximum pay which failed to materialize; assurances of advancement that never materialized; more promises made to anyone who indicated they were leaving to find more suitable employment that never were fulfilled when the person stayed

Interview Question – Very relaxed and informal, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, promises of top wages that never materialized

SSC Supervisor Interview

SSC Supervisor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview Details – I applied online through Monster, received a follow up call from their in house recruiter, they scheduled an interview with department manager and one of the other supervisors, 2nd interview with Shared Service Center Vice President was scheduled.

Interview Question – standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a salary less than I had been making, countered with a more realistic salary and it was accepted. The offer letter from HR was more than agreed to amount. They thanked me for pointing their error out to them.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoNation in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. In all took about 30 minutes for the interview. Came back to sign papers the next day and got a phone call shortly after to schedule a hair test because it's a drug free company. After hair test came back clean I was hired

Interview Question – Need to have an open schedule or a schedule that works for what they need. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

COLLISION Interview

COLLISION
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoNation in January 2014.

Interview Details – Undetermined, publicly held company. Standard practice, like most publicly held company, face to face meeting, phone conversations, as with any publicly held company you will have a background, drug screening as well.

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview Details – 45 minute phone interview was difficult with very specific questions concerning very specific technologies. Answered very technical questions early on for 30 minutes of questions being fired by two architects. Thought I was doing fairly well when at the end of the interview I did not possess experience with one of the specific javascript libraries they were looking for.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with Angular javascript library?   View Answer

Lot Porter Interview

Lot Porter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call a month later.

Interview Question – Interview was average.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and painless. No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoNation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions about work history, future outlook, job expectations. Nothing out of line or unusual.

Interview Question – None. All easy questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoNation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with the current receptionist who told me the application was online; she didn't take my resume or ask a manager to speak with me. As I started to drive away the girl ran after my car and asked to take my resume. I received a phone call a few hours later and was asked to come in for an interview. I had to fill out a personality test before the interview. It was pretty basic, talked about my experience and my availability. The customer relations manager told me I had the job but I would need to meet with the GM, who was at lunch. We set up a time for the following day, when I got there the customer relations manager said that the GM had just left for a meeting and asked me to wait. I waited for an hour and he never showed. Set up ANOTHER interview for the next day, I was very hesitant about this. Got there and waited for a half an hour until FINALLY I met with the GM, the customer relations manager, the service director and a sales manager. They told me I had the job and it was over in five minutes. Had to go to some sketchy place where they cut out a big chunk of my hair for the drug test and waited a few days on the background check to go through. I started about a week and a half after the initial interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The GM asked me what I made at my previous job, I told him and he said that they could pay me that even though it was "more then what they usually pay the receptionist." Sadly, my previous job was part time and I started with no experience and I was now being interviewed for a full time position with three years of automotive reception experience.

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!