AutoNation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.3

Collision Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

I was called to come in for a face to face interview. I met the boss in his office handed him my resume. He explained the job title and what was required. Asked me my past experiences and education. Then we shook hands and I was told I would know by next week if I was selected to continue with the hiring process which would involve a background/credit Check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals?   1 Answer
    • What is your past experience and education?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to use Microsoft word?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was told between $12-$14 an hour depending on experience and education.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation (Roseville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with one of the managers. He mentioned that they need tech savvy people to contact leads generated from online and offered me the job. There was not much communication after that so i had to call back and see what the next steps were but it all turned out well.

People Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AutoNation (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The call with the recruiter was informative. The recruiter spent time understanding my organization compared to the position's job description. The organization has 20K employees and they were looking for HR experience at that level.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Hayward, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

horrible, big shot manager didn't seem very interested in hiring a honest mechanic. seemed like a drug user. nervous and unstable during the interview. used his personal cell phone during my interview.

Interview Questions

• what was i willing to do for a job   1 Answer

Porter Interview

Interview

To be a porter they just require you to have common sense. The work is pretty straight forward, but expect to work hard. There is alot of work to be done on the lot. If you work hard there will be opportunities to move up.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult asspect of the job is the work load. There is alot of work to be done on the daily basis. Costumers all want to be catered to due to the fact that it is a high end dealership. So expect to work hard and please every customer that walks threw the door.   Answer Question

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoNation in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a day or so later to schedule an interview. Interview was a few days later. It was a typical interview, until I was asked illegal and inappropriate questions. And the job description was changed to something completely different than what I had applied for. A few days after the interview I received a phone call asking when I could start. No information on salary, or the position itself (remember it changed during the interview), the hours (they are open longer hours and Saturdays, not a 9-5 job). After asking for that information, and informed that the salary would not be sufficient, she asked what would be, I gave her a number, she said she would see what they could do and she would get back to me. I called her back a few hours later to thank her for the opportunity, but I needed to let her know it was not going to work out. I was inundated the next few days with phone calls and emails informing me I needed to schedule drug testing. Apparently, they just assumed I would accept the position.

Interview Questions

• How many kids I had and if I was having any more, where I am originally from. Basically questions that had nothing to do with the actual job that I was applying for.   Answer Question

Corp Field Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Brief interview in person, phone interview was longer, met key players in California, had to pay for some expenses up front and then get reimbursed after the fact.all expenses paid trip to interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Took four weeks to get hired. There are several steps to getting hired as a car salesperson for this company. It took a very long time before I started working.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Sat down for an one to one interview with the payroll center director. Then had a group interview with the two region managers. Received an offer the next day. Was a very easy interview.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation in November 2014.

Interview

Saw add on indeed and applied. Next morning I went to the store and introduced myself. Was asked what my salary expectations were and when I said 60k, he said you can earn that if you're good.

Negotiation

there was none