AutoNation Sales Consultant At Mercedes Benz of South Bay Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant At Mercedes Benz of South Bay Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AutoNation in October 2012.

I was contacted by an AutoNation recruiter who recommended me to this dealership. The recruiter was very enthusiastic about the position and potential for growth.

I met with four sales managers and it was a very mixed bag. the first manager-- whom I spent the most time with, was blunt and said I would be expected to work long hours, that the training was sink or swim. He walked me through a typical sale and asked me some questions about how I would handle the process. Then I met with the second manager, who was rude. He didn't seem to want to be meeting with me. He gave me a blatant once over, asked me a question about my greatest achievement and zoned out. I could have said "landing a 747 in a firestorm" and he wouldn't have noticed.

Then I was told I had to come back because the other sales managers were out. Came back two days later and met with both. They were polite. One of them warned me about the hours again. The entire process spanned two days and took a very long time.

Interview Questions
  • Why is the test drive such a powerful element of the sale?   View Answer

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!