AutoTrader Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Questions
  • "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoTrader

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoTrader in October 2011.

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc.

The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AutoTrader in December 2010.

Very simple process. I was contacted by the recruiter, had a phone interview then 1.1 interview. The company asked that I submit to drug and skills test along with background check.

Interview Questions
    Diffitult at first, but at the end it was a happy conclusion. Stick to what you want, make them meet you half way at least. Also, show them your talents and what you can bring to the table.

Worked for AutoTrader? Contribute to the Community!