AutoTrader Applications Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in March 2009.

Recruiter found my resume/profile online via LinkedIn and initially reached out via email.

Once we went over my background and basic skills, we set up three 1:1 interviews with different members of the other departments with whom I would be working. Smart questions were asked by each interviewer, but nothing "sneaky" or trying to put me on the defensive in any way.

Second round of interviews was not needed.

Salary RANGE expectations were discussed with the recruiter on the initial phone screen to ensure neither one of us was wasting the other's time.

Offer was actually made by the hiring manager followed up by a written offer from recruiting. Drug and Background checks performed after offer was completed.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you hanled a tough situation is a previous job.   View Answer
Know your own marketability (using this glassdoor.com site is great) is key.

Worked for AutoTrader? Contribute to the Community!