AutoTrader

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Interview Details – Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Question – "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at AutoTrader in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was promoted from the position of Operations Manager. Worked in the company 10 years and progresses up through the corporation over that period of time. Applioed for positions and interviewed with the hiring managers of each department.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you for this position?   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Sandy Springs, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from the hiring manager of this position, who apparently came across my resume in the company's database, as I had not actually applied for this particular position. He asked me a few questions, basically to see if I was still in the market for opportunities, which I was, and we agreed to speak later that week for an initial phone screening.

The phone screen was again, fairly "easy breezy" and simple: just a rundown of previous experience and what I was looking for in a position. The hiring manager asked if I would be able to come in a few days later for a sit down, which I agreed to.

The sit down interview was very informal and occurred after business hours, which was understandable due to the manager's work schedule. This process was extremely repetitive of the phone screening but also consisted of an overview of the department, what the position entailed, team responsibilities, and so forth. The manager also took me on a short tour of the facility, which is extremely nice. Place also has an on-site cafeteria and gym.
The next step in the process, a panel interview, occurred a week later, which I was already confidant in being rewarded with. The members, those of whom I would be collaborating with on various topics discussed their roles with me, and asked me a few questions about my work history, but there weren’t and “deep dive” Q&As regarding much of anything except for a few knowledge questions surrounding databases that I would be working in. I pretty much knew from that interview that I would receive an offer, which came about 3 days later.

This had to be the most painless interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult question asked.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter through my school. Asked a few questions and then weeks later a position opened up. Set up an in person STAR interview. Asked some expected questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and after describing some projects "What did you learn?" Then began to ask personality questions "What do you do for fun?" to try and see if they would enjoy working with you. It was very professional and rather quick, maybe 30 mins.

Interview Question – The personality questions. I was told it was a STAR interview so I had an idea of what I was going to say about my resume, but didn't expect these. So I just talked about what I enjoy and who I am.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate because it was an internship.

Digital Media Designer Interview

Digital Media Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in December 2010.

Interview Details – Did not apply for any related job. Contacted by recruiter by phone. Recruiter interviewed me over the phone to confirm experience/skill level and schedule an in office interview. Interview in three parts: panel, written test, flash skills test. Panel interview had two supervisors and a level two and lasted 30 mins or so. Questions were STAR format (situation, task, action, result) so they wanted you to focus on specific events in your work history. Test had 10 simple actionscript questions. Skills test was 45 mins and they ask you to create a flash banner ad. ActionScript animation or demonstration of skill highly recommended.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty straightforward. I did not have an example for a situation where I had made a mistake and had taken action to correct it.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Interview Details – The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Question – Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.

Director, Product Management Interview

Director, Product Management
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Interview Details – Typical STAR format. Phone screen with HR and most often second interview will be with two managers (minimum). Often a third interview will follow with higher title within reporting structure.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy but company will not budge on additional vacation days.

Informatica Developer Interview

Informatica Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoTrader in February 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty straight forward.. Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by a half day face to fact with manager, director and then team

Interview Question – The interview was almost 5 years ago so i don't remember much.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had an opportunity to negotiate.. but I was getting paid a lot more than the previous employer so i took the offer without thinking about it. If i could go back i would negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Interview Details – Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Question – How to solve an Excel equation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a staffing agency. They set up a phone interview with the manager and another team member. The questions were very basic about what type of work was I currently doing. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult for me since I knew how to communicate what I do   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiting agency had already establishe a pay rate

Interviews for Top Jobs at AutoTrader

Worked for AutoTrader? Contribute to the Community!