AutoZone

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AutoZone.

Was a psm and position opened for an asm. One on one interview with dm. Pretty relaxed and direct with what he was looking for. Just be honest on what you want out of the company.

Interview Questions
  • What are our 6 focuses on each the daily sales & pnl. Your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question
Had to negotiate and stood ground to what I wanted and ended up getting it.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in November 2011.

2 one on one interviews, I assume if you pass the first interview you go on to the second interview. I contacted a management employee of the company I knew from my previous job. He arrainged the first interview for me.I am impressed with the professionalism of the management people I met and that is why I persued the job. It was a typical interview process with the typical questions, why Autozone, etc. There is an emphasis on sales in the interview process. If you are adverse to sales this is not the company for you.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate the salary/hourly rate I desired. I had to accept $5K per year less than I desired. As I had no income and no job I decided to take the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in September 2011.

Ask about previous job experience and basic automotive questions. Majority of questions are customer service related. The interview is fairly easy. They look for motivated and well spoken workers more often than ones with great automotive knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest situation you have ever worked in and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkville, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2010.

It was very easy and I was able to complete the interview without a sweat.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do on your free time?   View Answer
    • What is the most helpful thing you've done in the past year?   View Answer
    I was able to negotaite all hours and availability with an ease.