AutoZone

Relevance Date Difficulty

Red Shirt Interview

Red Shirt
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly, quick. mainly talked about hobbies and what not. manager was more focused on connecting on a personal base first. which was refreshing. very laid back interview in my personal experience.

Store Autozoner Interview

Store Autozoner
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

Interview Details – I am certain I am an isolated case, as I must have done so well on the online application questionnaire that my interview was almost a joke. I filled out the app, planned on following up in 5 days, was called after 2 days, interviewed on the 3rd, accepted the offer by the 4th day. Note: I had ZERO job experience on my resume or anything relevant to cars.

Two days after filling out the online application, I was called by a manager to come in for an interview the next day. The interview included almost no questions about working on cars or any customer service situations. I was asked a few yes or no questions about working on cars, nothing more. I just kept my composure and acted professional as the interviewer told me much more about the benefits of the job rather than interviewing me.

After I finished my interview, I was given paperwork to fill out and told to wait for an email to activate my employee ID. No 2nd interview, no questions asked, just brought in for 1 interview where he told me how the job would be, as if he never intended to interview me at all before offering me the job.

Interview Question – "So you said you worked on cars before with your friend?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, only the manager telling me about the benefits of working. I was too distracted by the lack of real interview questions and the heavily implied job offer to bother negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online a month prior to the interview. Application consisted of about 80 questions I think. Got a random phone call and was scheduled to come in. I recommend that you go into the interview with a basic knowledge of braking system, battery, tune-up, charge box, and ignition. But sadly I couldn't explain half of those lol but I answered to the best of my ability. Also be prepared to say why your the best candidate and what you can offer to them. Was offered the job on the spot :- ) Goodluck to anyone else who reads this

Interview Questions

• Explain the braking system, ignition, battery, steering wheel, charge box, and tune-up   View Answer
  • Past job experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – based on my experience I asked for 8.00

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!