AutoZone Auto Parts Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied by sending in my resume, couple hours later i recieved a call. Got to the interview the next day and the hiring manager liked my professional look and only asked a few questions about my previous jobs and skills. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you gained from your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line. I was scheduled to meet with a Store Manager and District Manager twice. Each time, the interview was cancelled and I was given 4-6 hours notice. Finally met with both Store Manager (looked like in his twenties) and District Manager (looked like he was 50 to 65). Based on the Store Manager's questions, this was his first interview, and he asked me my age (an illegal question). I declined to answer. Other questions asked were, "Tell me about your knowledge of cars." I replied that I was a SCCA mechanic for over 10 years, I have 2 cars all with 200,000+ miles and 1 car with 190, 000 miles. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, the cars are in great shape. At the close of the interview I was told the salary would be $10.00 per hour. At the end of the interview, I was directed to website. I went to the website, answered several questions; the web site appeared to be broken, because it would not save my answers. Following day re-answered the questions. I was offered the job at a reduced rate of $9.25/hour. When I inquired about the $10.00/hour mentioned in the interview, the Store Manager said, "This is the best rate I can offer." On Saturday 1/17/2015, the store manager asked me to meet him at 2:00 PM to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form. I arrived at the store at 1:55 PM (early) and met the Assistant Store Manager who informed me the Store Manager just left; and the Assistant Store Manager couldn't access the computer to print the I-9 form and other forms (i.e. this was a waste of my time). On Monday afternoon, the Store Manager never called to apologize. I called the District Manager and explained what happened on Saturday (The Store Manager was a no show for a scheduled meeting). The District Manager said, "I don't care. It's not my problem. Go talk with the Store Manager."

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked me, "How old are you?"   1 Answer

The Store Manager didn't show for a scheduled meeting on Saturday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donna, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Donna, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I began my application process through SnagAJob. The application process was easy and the company, like many others utilize an online psychological questionnaire to weed out dishonest employees. I was contacted by store manager and a face-to-face meeting was scheduled to discuss start date, salary, dress-code, and date of orientation. Orientation provides history about the company, the company mission, motto, and expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. If you are dishonest then questions are hard because you have to invent answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are going to be part-time and have years of experience in auto parts sales negotiate for minimum starting of $8.00-$9.00/hr. Rationale, no benefits for part-time employees besides the 20% employee discount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Plymouth, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very nice the manager great he wasn't intimidating or to masculine, once the interview was over(about 40 minutes) he got a hold of me a few days later and had me fill a couple emails out.

Interview Questions

• when do you feel like you have had to take matters in to your own hands at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because I figured i was getting min wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delphos, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone (Delphos, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online was asked to take online tests, passed all of them easily. Then came the 1-1 interview with the store manager he asked me about my general automotive knowledge it was all in all pretty easy. Also will do a background check.

Interview Questions

• Common parts to the automotive braking system.   1 Answer
    • Common parts to the automotive engine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed to be done

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone (New Port Richey, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Filled application online, did psychological test online (60 questions). Store manager called with tentative offer. After clearing criminal bckgd test, took drug test. 2 weeks later I was doing orientation.

Negotiation

quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone (Tulare, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very simple, smooth, hired on the spot. The interviewer was nice and easy going. It was my first job so I was nervous but I was excited when I got the job. After working there for a while I learned a lot of skills that still help today. Such as; parts knowledge, people skills, cashier, keeping busy and team work