AutoZone

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions
Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview was easy, a lot of questions based on experience and sale and customer service. A long as you have a clean driving record of at least two years the rest is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when a customer was really angry with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate just flexing the hours around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

During the interview, you get asked the basic questions like "What are your weaknesses" or questions about your automotive knowledge. It really doesn't even matter if you know anything about cars They say they will teach you

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic, the only specific questions involved automotive parts.   View Answer
    no negotiation. I gave my salary requirements and they offered the job for 50 cents an hour less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2013.

I applied online from home, and received a phone call four days later to come in for an interview. The General Manager interviewed me, and it was very informal. She asked why I chose AutoZone, asked about my previous work experience and availability. I am coming from over 10 years in the full service restaurant industry and have absolutely no knowledge of cars or auto parts. My availability was limited to daytime hours only.
    She spent the majority of the interview explaining the high pressure sales tactics employes are expected to use to sell additional items to "do it yourself-ers" at the check out counter.
    When I left the interview, she explained the dress code and told me she would run my background check and be in touch.
    Apparently, the lack of experience and automotive knowledge did not matter, and three days later she called to offer me a part time position as a commercial driver and told me to expect 35 hours a week. AutoZone will hire anyone with a decent appearance and clean background who is willing to work for just a hair over minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • She asked what I would try and sell someone who came in to buy oil and an oil filter.   View Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at AutoZone.

Speak with a mgr that mostly spoke about her personal life. But when she ask question I answer all question really good without any problem. The drug screen was great and we also had to take one class before we could start working.