AutoZone

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Commercial Driver

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Question – Expects a lot of vehicle knowledge for what they pay!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Commercial Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – Interview was easy, a lot of questions based on experience and sale and customer service. A long as you have a clean driving record of at least two years the rest is easy.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when a customer was really angry with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate just flexing the hours around.

Very Easy Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online from home, and received a phone call four days later to come in for an interview. The General Manager interviewed me, and it was very informal. She asked why I chose AutoZone, asked about my previous work experience and availability. I am coming from over 10 years in the full service restaurant industry and have absolutely no knowledge of cars or auto parts. My availability was limited to daytime hours only.
She spent the majority of the interview explaining the high pressure sales tactics employes are expected to use to sell additional items to "do it yourself-ers" at the check out counter.
When I left the interview, she explained the dress code and told me she would run my background check and be in touch.
Apparently, the lack of experience and automotive knowledge did not matter, and three days later she called to offer me a part time position as a commercial driver and told me to expect 35 hours a week. AutoZone will hire anyone with a decent appearance and clean background who is willing to work for just a hair over minimum wage.

Interview Question – She asked what I would try and sell someone who came in to buy oil and an oil filter.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AutoZone

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone Commercial Driver interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees and interview candidates.