AutoZone

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

Interview Question – They all were reasonable to mthe job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – Culture education, computer software training, and process

Interview Question – Something you didn't like in the old job.   Answer Question

Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2011.

Interview Details – First, I talked to the store manager about the "now hiring" positions posted in the store window. The initial application was on-line at AutoZone.com. Later, I interviewed with the store manager and, later, the district manager. One must be honest about previous mechanical experience, if you have any (none required). It doesn't take but a few questions to see if you are honest.
The store manager stressed the AutoZone concept of WOW customer service and how it works. If you are not customer service minded, don't go any further--look elsewhere.

Interview Question – None asked. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You must be willing to accept the low starting, entry level pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Riverbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Apply online. Pretty long process. Includes about 80 questions.
2. Phone call and E-mail to set up interview.
3. Physical interview with member of management.
4. Job offer within a few days.
5. Foundations training(8 hours). Learn the basics about the company and how to do the job.
6. Start working in store.

Interview Question – Describe the basics of the A/C system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you have some automotive knowledge, it will really help.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of 30 minute personal interview. Topics covered included work experience, automotive knowledge, willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and compensation sought.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!