AutoZone Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
141 interviews

2.3

Parts Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

checked resume,asked industry related questions. asked role questions and scenario and result type .inquiries. discussed past jobs and related work ethics. discussed management style and practices. Talked about how my past job would help me to be sucessful in this position.

DIY and Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2014.

I actually appreciated the interview process as that it was one on one with the DM and direct to store manager unlike other companies that you have no direct contact with the DM and or its higher management. The overall interview was direct and to the point and the questions were understandable and correct to that process

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was trying to gather previous work dates while on the phone and trying to remember important dates etc.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy, however long. It is not like the old days of a simple interview and see ya on monday atmosphere anymore. There will be testing and testing at autozone

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. I noticed the employs were very caring and the manager was knowledgeable as well as the dm. took about a week to get to the interview process for the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen you friend giving away free stuff   View Answer
    Asked and they gave it to me

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions
    • None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question
    Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

District Manager Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2014.

Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I requested.

Red Shirt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2012.

Very friendly, quick. mainly talked about hobbies and what not. manager was more focused on connecting on a personal base first. which was refreshing. very laid back interview in my personal experience.

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granger, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

I had one interview and the manager gave me a test to see what i knew about auto parts. I figured since i didn't know anything i wouldn't get the job. The manager questioned everything about me and my past job history. Asked if i was in the Armed Services. Straight forward with me every step of the way.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

No negotiation.

Parts and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2011.

I was hired by Corporate Recruiter, the company no longer uses them, they have "Hire Certified" Managers perform the interview. Now all applications are done on-line and local SM''s have access to the database and apps. Apps are no longer pre-screened by store management team, it is now a long and drawn out process, no longer handled locally. Standard Psych eval is used as well and will block "Good" applicants who do not satisfy the Pschyo-Babble questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "How would you handle a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!