AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ.

No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

it was extremely basic nothing but auto parts questions, i took a computer test as well as two interviews before i was given an offer. it was very informal and casual, almost like a chit chat with upper management. it really seemed like a formality after the first interview.

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2015.

Interview

Didn't have my application or resume with him during the interview. Called me by the wrong name. I didn't receive any communication back after leaving 2 voicemails and a message with his Administrative Assistant

Interview Questions

• What will be your biggest adjustment coming to Auto Zone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (North Hollywood, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They gave me a test on my knowledge of cars. I thought it would be a no-brainer, but they do ask some pretty good questions..others are just easy. Then I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me of much except for my background employer information.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with regional DM. Second interview with DM and two other store managers. Third interview was with HR. Experience was not hard just went with the flow of things.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your biggest accomplishments with your past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me more that what I asked for. That's always a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked about my management experience and automotive knowledge and the minimum pay I would except. Simple and easy going interveiw process. I was also asked if I'm comfortable installing batteries and headlights and wiper blades for customers.was also asked to have a conversation in spanish to show my Spanish proficiency as a lot of customers don't speak english

Interview Questions

• What parts are in the brake system   1 Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews - one with Store Manager, one with Regional Manager. Store Manager indicated that I would be hired and that he was not even interviewing other candidates. Be patient because it takes about two weeks to get a person hired. A month and a half later I was still hearing the same excuse. I stopped calling them, as I could not wait for two months. They just called to see when I could start....I have been with another company now for two months since the interview process began with AutoZone. Really??? Who can wait for that long? I was not applying for CEO...Autozoner..........

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, experience, are you dependable?   1 Answer

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Beaumont, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called within an hour of applying for a position. The interview was smooth and simple, generic questions including things like "bill did this and wasnt supposed to, how do you react?". Other questions about general automotive knowledge. Name some components in the suspension, brake, and steering system.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a few components of the braking system?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Multiple interviews to be hired as a MIT. Met with DM,RM,LP, and HR Manager. The process consisted of a few solo interviews with the local Dm. Then it was a panel interview after with the regional management team. After that I was contacted a few days later to start my background check. That process took a few weeks. Some people I have hired after I started have taken days. It all depends on the speed of counties reporting back.

Interview Questions

• Customer service based questions as well as inventory control questions.   Answer Question