AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Olathe, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially a phone screen. Then a one on one with a store manager. Second interview with the District Manager and last interview with a panel of five regional managers from each department including, sales, human resources, loss prevention, customer service and administration. In my interview the store manager identified that I had skills appropriate for managing a store and referred me to the district manager even though that meant I could not work at her store. She clearly had the interests of the company ahead of her personal interest. Good to see.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you bent the rules?   1 Answer
    • They have you complete a short test on your automotive knowledge.   1 Answer
    • Identify each automotive system and then explain the parts of the system and what they do.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Panel style interview with regional manager, HR manager, AP manager, and a potential peer DM. I traveled in 9 hours for the interview which started 10 minutes late. A small introduction period, then led to the panels questioning. The lack of professionalism by the RM was almost comical, left the room 3x to take calls, then when did feel he wanted to participate, he was condescending and jumped all over the interview panel. Definitely seemed like he treated his support staff like dirt. The AP manager was on another planet, he just texted through the whole thing. The questions were your typical situational leadership, looking for specific step by step answers. The promise of follow up within 2-3 days came and went. Still not even a courtesy call to say they passed,which personally I always made sure to do... But I cannot say I'm shocked. I wouldn't pursue even if they were interested...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you took over a market with 6 gm vacancies. How would you fix?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you heard about a potential hr concern   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Easy and very casual. Went over basic retail questions. Very little emphasis on actual auto parts questions and knowledge of cars. Overall interview was rather short. Interview took place behind the counter and other employees were able to listen in. Not very professional at all but then again it was applying for a retail sales position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Very quick, straight to the point, and easy. Try not to over think the interview. Answer the question to the best of your ability. Allow your personality to show through.

Interview Questions

• If you and a fellow co-worker have a disagreement about a certain situation, how to you resolve it?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Went in for a one on one interview was hired on the spot and sent to a classs that same week then was hired the following week due to schedule change i as well got paid for everything but the interview which was very helpful

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Store Autozoner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days I got a call for an interview as an autozoner at the Fort Worth Ave location (75211). The initial interview was very casual. I was only looking for a part time job so it was not like I needed the job, it was more supplemental income. I went in confident, not nervous whatsoever. I was asked to talk about myself. Basically went over my work history. If you have previous sales experience, mechanic experience, or customer service experience it is definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• 1) How much I knew about cars? 2) What components make up the A/C? 3) What components make up the brakes system?   1 Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Merced, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It consisted of two interviews. i nailed the first one and i kind of mest of on the second one but it seems like the first one mattered most. Still waiting on a job offer and wondering how long the background check is suppose to take. overall the managers were really friendly and patient.

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Joseph, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple, going over application. Took a quick 27 question test over automotive knowledge. She states that the score of the test didn't really matter just so they know where they might need to start the training at. No offer yet but only a week out.

Counter Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from a manager from a close by autozone where they will interview you and ask you if you have any automotive experience and to determine if you can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with cars?   1 Answer