AutoZone

122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Whittier, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Question – If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a Thursday, and had an interview set up by Saturday. I walked in and the first question they asked was when can you start.

Interview Question – Questions about basic car knowledge.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just told me how much I would make. No negotiation.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Question – had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12.50

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Americus, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked a few questions about a vehicle. I also had to go to Tifton for training.

Interview Question – the most unexpected question was.....What car parts operate the charging system?............not hard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given the job for part time.

Store Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

Interview Details – It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Question – there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Clinton, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was taken into the backroom after waiting for what seemed like 20 minutes. Very informal relaxed manager interview style. Asked about parts of the store that I was familiar with. I was told about the uniform of the store and the most likely store hours that I may work if hired.

Interview Question – Ok, I have some breaks here,(pointing to the shelf), tell me everything you know about breaks.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Interview Details – Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Question – What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Loss Prevention Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a female & male who preferred the old style Reid techniques. Both had the really fake & bizarre personalities. They were like actors reading from a script.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult but the whole interview atmosphere was so bizarre. The female was a bit overbearing & the male had a personality like a used car dealer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The employees who interviewed me were too phony & scripted. They gave me the creeps & they don't even pay that well.

PSM Part Sales Manager Interview

Hyattsville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple just know the basic principle how the fuel and braking system of a car. Be sure to show leadership.

Interview Question – How does the master cylinder work?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was promoted from a Commercial Manager position to a Store Manager. There wasn't much of an interview. I was offered the position and I accepted. I already had a good working relationship with my District Manager.

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. They offered the position at a specific salary, take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AutoZone

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone interview questions and advice. All 122 interview reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees and interview candidates.