AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Joseph, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple, going over application. Took a quick 27 question test over automotive knowledge. She states that the score of the test didn't really matter just so they know where they might need to start the training at. No offer yet but only a week out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AutoZone (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very knowledgeable store managers, Curteous, many questions on previous experience. Store mangers were well informed on commercial accounts and company procedures. Managers interviewing asked most complicated situation dealing with technical questions on my prior experience. Duties performed as a parts counter person. And experience on testing batteries, alternators, OBDII, wipers etc.

Interview Questions

• Prior automotive experience and customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ. No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

it was extremely basic nothing but auto parts questions, i took a computer test as well as two interviews before i was given an offer. it was very informal and casual, almost like a chit chat with upper management. it really seemed like a formality after the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AutoZone (Hammond, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much me being promoted to manager. I was interviewed by the district manager later she asked me what i see with autozone. I told her i want experience for future careers. She asked me how will i manage my team, i said that i will create a friendly environment and keep them on task and doing their job right.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very short they asked a couple questions then that was it. They said they would call never did I hate when they do that at least email or text saying u went a different way. Or choose someone else

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2015.

Interview

Didn't have my application or resume with him during the interview. Called me by the wrong name. I didn't receive any communication back after leaving 2 voicemails and a message with his Administrative Assistant

Interview Questions

• What will be your biggest adjustment coming to Auto Zone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (North Hollywood, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They gave me a test on my knowledge of cars. I thought it would be a no-brainer, but they do ask some pretty good questions..others are just easy. Then I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me of much except for my background employer information.   1 Answer