AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Easy and very casual. Went over basic retail questions. Very little emphasis on actual auto parts questions and knowledge of cars. Overall interview was rather short. Interview took place behind the counter and other employees were able to listen in. Not very professional at all but then again it was applying for a retail sales position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Very quick, straight to the point, and easy. Try not to over think the interview. Answer the question to the best of your ability. Allow your personality to show through.

Interview Questions

• If you and a fellow co-worker have a disagreement about a certain situation, how to you resolve it?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Went in for a one on one interview was hired on the spot and sent to a classs that same week then was hired the following week due to schedule change i as well got paid for everything but the interview which was very helpful

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Counter Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from a manager from a close by autozone where they will interview you and ask you if you have any automotive experience and to determine if you can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with cars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very knowledgeable store managers, Curteous, many questions on previous experience. Store mangers were well informed on commercial accounts and company procedures. Managers interviewing asked most complicated situation dealing with technical questions on my prior experience. Duties performed as a parts counter person. And experience on testing batteries, alternators, OBDII, wipers etc.

Interview Questions

• Prior automotive experience and customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ. No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

it was extremely basic nothing but auto parts questions, i took a computer test as well as two interviews before i was given an offer. it was very informal and casual, almost like a chit chat with upper management. it really seemed like a formality after the first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hammond, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much me being promoted to manager. I was interviewed by the district manager later she asked me what i see with autozone. I told her i want experience for future careers. She asked me how will i manage my team, i said that i will create a friendly environment and keep them on task and doing their job right.