AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AutoZone (Millbrae, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

It was more like a desperate way to get me since i was available. At first they were friendly,later not even salute their employees as a courtesy at least!

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you face an angry customer?   3 Answers
    • If you can not handle a problem with customer what will you do?   3 Answers

Negotiation

They don't let you negociate, either you take it or you leave it!!!

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AutoZone (Millbrae, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

A Desperate company that need to fill empty spots due to the high value of turnovers,hire whatever knock their doors and as long as they know what is under the hood,is good enough !!!

Interview Questions

• How could you treat an angry customer or a shoplifter?   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Store Autozoner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2014.

Interview

I was called for a job interview on March 7th. I got there about 10 mins before the interview. After notifying one of the associates I was here, she went to tell the manager. I ended up waiting an extra 30 mins before even meeting the guy. We went into the back room and sat by the bathroom. He seemed extremely uninterested, and did not say anything about the job. He basically rambled on about what autozone is. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, or a call back. Called back 2 weeks later and he said they haven't found the hours yet.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Rigid, yet fraught with simpletons. The quality of the workforce and management is suspect. They worry about things that are not paramount, yet ignore the differentiators that are key to success. It might be best to look elsewhere. Avoid Rixey.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I interviewed with Brent R. He was professional and friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. We talked about knowledge for the specific job. We talked about my previous work history and experience. He asked me to relate my experience to how I would fit in at AutoZone. He asked about criminal history and driving records and we discussed using appropriate safety measures and equipment. We also talked about future opportunity within the corporation and the ability to transfer to other geographical areas. The only thing I left not knowing about was the pay scale. We will see if and when I am contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a hectic situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very technical. Be sure to talk sports. Many interviews including panel and one on one. very picky. Technical skills important regardless of role - they are overly emphasized.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the University of Alabama? Not sure how it relates to anything but very important within the department. Trick question.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Interview

Panel interview, will have list of standard questions, then go into detail further. looking for business acumen and thought process.

Interview Questions

• Will ask how you handle certain situations pretty standard, may ask questions about impacting financial performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Interview

Know around 5-7 parts of each category....suspension, a/c, brakes, tune up.....etc.