AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews - one with Store Manager, one with Regional Manager. Store Manager indicated that I would be hired and that he was not even interviewing other candidates. Be patient because it takes about two weeks to get a person hired. A month and a half later I was still hearing the same excuse. I stopped calling them, as I could not wait for two months. They just called to see when I could start....I have been with another company now for two months since the interview process began with AutoZone. Really??? Who can wait for that long? I was not applying for CEO...Autozoner..........

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, experience, are you dependable?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2015.

Interview

Didn't have my application or resume with him during the interview. Called me by the wrong name. I didn't receive any communication back after leaving 2 voicemails and a message with his Administrative Assistant

Interview Questions

• What will be your biggest adjustment coming to Auto Zone?   Answer Question

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask If I knew about cars, basic, my strengths and weaknesses, why did I want to work for them. Did I know how to check my own oil did I know about basic engineering on a car

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Beaumont, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called within an hour of applying for a position. The interview was smooth and simple, generic questions including things like "bill did this and wasnt supposed to, how do you react?". Other questions about general automotive knowledge. Name some components in the suspension, brake, and steering system.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a few components of the braking system?   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Tyler, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy just asked basic questions lasted no more then 30 mintues. Job offer with in the next few days. Interviewed with store manager and commercial manager. After hiring you do have to do alot of training on the computer.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

It took about three months and several interviews and several background checks, because they kept loosing my application and background report.
    At the end I was send to three different stores because they didn't an opening in the district

Interview Questions

• My overall customer service experience   1 Answer

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in July 2014.

Interview

I got called for my first interview which was pretty much the typical interview. Then came back a week later for a second interview with the dm which was basically the job offer and pay negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (New Port Richey, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

A quick background of yourself. What it is you feel a mangers role is. And understanding in automotive parts is always a plus. However a postive work habit and postie out look on life is always a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ.

No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.