AutoZone

139 candidate interviews

Store Autozoner Interview

Store Autozoner
Fontana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. I noticed the employs were very caring and the manager was knowledgeable as well as the dm. took about a week to get to the interview process for the company

Interview Question – What would you do if you seen you friend giving away free stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked and they gave it to me

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Question – None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

District Manager Interview

District Manager

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Interview Question – If having a family would interfere with my job.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Autozoner Interview

Autozoner
Yucaipa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Question – If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I requested.

Red Shirt Interview

Red Shirt
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly, quick. mainly talked about hobbies and what not. manager was more focused on connecting on a personal base first. which was refreshing. very laid back interview in my personal experience.

Store Autozoner Interview

Store Autozoner
Granger, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had one interview and the manager gave me a test to see what i knew about auto parts. I figured since i didn't know anything i wouldn't get the job. The manager questioned everything about me and my past job history. Asked if i was in the Armed Services. Straight forward with me every step of the way.

Interview Question – My desired salary   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

Interview Question – They all were reasonable to mthe job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Parts and Service Manager Interview

Parts and Service Manager
Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired by Corporate Recruiter, the company no longer uses them, they have "Hire Certified" Managers perform the interview. Now all applications are done on-line and local SM''s have access to the database and apps. Apps are no longer pre-screened by store management team, it is now a long and drawn out process, no longer handled locally. Standard Psych eval is used as well and will block "Good" applicants who do not satisfy the Pschyo-Babble questionnaire.

Interview Question – The standard "How would you handle a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Part Sales Manager Interview

Part Sales Manager
Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
  • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
  • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable
Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!