AutoZone Interview Questions

2.3

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

Was called to attend an interview for a Saturday morning. When I received the call, woman on phone said if I was still interested, and if I wanted to come in for an interview, she instructed me to come in anytime after 9am. I was not given a store address or a specific time, so I ended up having to call a couple Spring Valley locations in San Diego to find out the location. I called ahead of time to see if 11am was an ok time. Manager on the phone confirmed that this was ok. When I arrived, there was another woman ahead of me which was ok, as I did not mind waiting. I was told to wait patiently and the manager would be with me in a brief moment. I waited for about and hour before leaving without the interview. Very unprofessional, bad experience. Not worth it.

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AutoZone in November 2013.

They tell you about how Auto Zone is. They warn you about all the things that you have to do. They they start to ask about how much you know about cars. From there they ask test you about the parts on the brakes system, power steering system, heating system, cooling system, emission system, etc. Then they ask about your ours and your previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected part that they tell ask is when they give you a situation about a car and you have to answer it.   Answer Question

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at AutoZone.

Speak with a mgr that mostly spoke about her personal life. But when she ask question I answer all question really good without any problem. The drug screen was great and we also had to take one class before we could start working.

DIY and Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2014.

I actually appreciated the interview process as that it was one on one with the DM and direct to store manager unlike other companies that you have no direct contact with the DM and or its higher management. The overall interview was direct and to the point and the questions were understandable and correct to that process

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was trying to gather previous work dates while on the phone and trying to remember important dates etc.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy, however long. It is not like the old days of a simple interview and see ya on monday atmosphere anymore. There will be testing and testing at autozone

Parts Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

checked resume,asked industry related questions. asked role questions and scenario and result type .inquiries. discussed past jobs and related work ethics. discussed management style and practices. Talked about how my past job would help me to be sucessful in this position.

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. I noticed the employs were very caring and the manager was knowledgeable as well as the dm. took about a week to get to the interview process for the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen you friend giving away free stuff   View Answer
    Asked and they gave it to me

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions
    • None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question
    Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

District Manager Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2014.

Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I requested.

Red Shirt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2012.

Very friendly, quick. mainly talked about hobbies and what not. manager was more focused on connecting on a personal base first. which was refreshing. very laid back interview in my personal experience.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!