AutoZone Interview Questions

2.3

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in May 2014.

Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I requested.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions
    • had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question
    $12.50

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
    • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
    • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)
    I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Questions
    • If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   View Answers (2)
    nothing

Store Autozoner Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2014.

I was called for a job interview on March 7th. I got there about 10 mins before the interview. After notifying one of the associates I was here, she went to tell the manager. I ended up waiting an extra 30 mins before even meeting the guy. We went into the back room and sat by the bathroom. He seemed extremely uninterested, and did not say anything about the job. He basically rambled on about what autozone is. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, or a call back. Called back 2 weeks later and he said they haven't found the hours yet.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Culture education, computer software training, and process

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

I was taken into the backroom after waiting for what seemed like 20 minutes. Very informal relaxed manager interview style. Asked about parts of the store that I was familiar with. I was told about the uniform of the store and the most likely store hours that I may work if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Ok, I have some breaks here,(pointing to the shelf), tell me everything you know about breaks.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   View Answer
    they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

DIY and Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2014.

I actually appreciated the interview process as that it was one on one with the DM and direct to store manager unlike other companies that you have no direct contact with the DM and or its higher management. The overall interview was direct and to the point and the questions were understandable and correct to that process

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was trying to gather previous work dates while on the phone and trying to remember important dates etc.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy, however long. It is not like the old days of a simple interview and see ya on monday atmosphere anymore. There will be testing and testing at autozone