AutoZone Interview Questions

2.3

Parts and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2011.

I was hired by Corporate Recruiter, the company no longer uses them, they have "Hire Certified" Managers perform the interview. Now all applications are done on-line and local SM''s have access to the database and apps. Apps are no longer pre-screened by store management team, it is now a long and drawn out process, no longer handled locally. Standard Psych eval is used as well and will block "Good" applicants who do not satisfy the Pschyo-Babble questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "How would you handle a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
    • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
    • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)
    I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at AutoZone.

Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Questions
    This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Store Autozoner Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2014.

I was called for a job interview on March 7th. I got there about 10 mins before the interview. After notifying one of the associates I was here, she went to tell the manager. I ended up waiting an extra 30 mins before even meeting the guy. We went into the back room and sat by the bathroom. He seemed extremely uninterested, and did not say anything about the job. He basically rambled on about what autozone is. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, or a call back. Called back 2 weeks later and he said they haven't found the hours yet.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in July 2011.

I only interviewed once. The interview took almost two hours and was completely off base. We covered a lot of information that did not pertain to the job.

Interview Questions
    I would say hold out this company can pay a lot more money than they do when you are starting out and they will rail road if they can get away with it.

Senior Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in September 2013.

The interview started off with me telling the manager about myself. I was asked a lot of question about my knowledge of automotive parts and experience. I was also ran through some scenarios about what I would sell a customer if they were buying parts for their car, and what related items I would suggest to them. The interview lasted about one hour long.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, all the questions were not hard, because I have experience with automotive parts and management. I would suggest learning the company pledge and AutoZone values.   Answer Question
    I received a call stating that I got the job and the highest they could offer was $9.25. I did not try to negotiate because I really wanted the customer service experience.

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions
    Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2011.

Generally 1-2 interviews. Store manager candidates will do a panel interview before officially taking over a store. No drug test, background and driving record check were done prior to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most interviews are not standard questions. Expect more of a conversation than a traditional interview. Focus on customers-first, driving add-on sales and high energy.   Answer Question
    There is negotiation on pay. Push it and wait until they say "no". When they want someone, they will pay for it.

Part Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2010.

The interview process I had was a little informal from what I was expecting. The interviewing store manager takes you in back and sits you down in a folding chair while asking the standard interview questions. But it's a parts store, not a lot of opportunity to have an office desk or such niceties.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2013.

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.