AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

I had one interview and the manager gave me a test to see what i knew about auto parts. I figured since i didn't know anything i wouldn't get the job. The manager questioned everything about me and my past job history. Asked if i was in the Armed Services. Straight forward with me every step of the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. I noticed the employs were very caring and the manager was knowledgeable as well as the dm. took about a week to get to the interview process for the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen you friend giving away free stuff   View Answer
    Asked and they gave it to me

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AutoZone.

Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Questions
    This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions
    Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in May 2014.

Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   View Answer
    I was offered more than I requested.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions
    • had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question
    $12.50

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Questions
    • If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   View Answers (2)
    nothing

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
    • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
    • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)
    I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Rigid, yet fraught with simpletons. The quality of the workforce and management is suspect. They worry about things that are not paramount, yet ignore the differentiators that are key to success. It might be best to look elsewhere. Avoid Rixey.

Store Autozoner Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2014.

I was called for a job interview on March 7th. I got there about 10 mins before the interview. After notifying one of the associates I was here, she went to tell the manager. I ended up waiting an extra 30 mins before even meeting the guy. We went into the back room and sat by the bathroom. He seemed extremely uninterested, and did not say anything about the job. He basically rambled on about what autozone is. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, or a call back. Called back 2 weeks later and he said they haven't found the hours yet.