AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Store Autozoner Interview

Interview

Process was straightforward and easy. Consists of 2 rounds. First is the phone interview and then the in person interview with the store manager. Phone interview is screening the obvious technical questions about cars. Store interview is more about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Put down a reasonable desired wage on the application. A little higher will not be bad, then negotiate from there.

Part and Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was in the back while sitting on a bucket in a crowded corner way too close to the young manager who kept flirting way too much. It happened the same moment after I asked to see the manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about motors.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very quick had to take a test about knowledge on cars, i know i don't do good on the test but still got the job i guess they really needed someone so basically i got went in to a backroom took the test then the manager asked me a few questions

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line. I was scheduled to meet with a Store Manager and District Manager twice. Each time, the interview was cancelled and I was given 4-6 hours notice. Finally met with both Store Manager (looked like in his twenties) and District Manager (looked like he was 50 to 65). Based on the Store Manager's questions, this was his first interview, and he asked me my age (an illegal question). I declined to answer. Other questions asked were, "Tell me about your knowledge of cars." I replied that I was a SCCA mechanic for over 10 years, I have 2 cars all with 200,000+ miles and 1 car with 190, 000 miles. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, the cars are in great shape. At the close of the interview I was told the salary would be $10.00 per hour. At the end of the interview, I was directed to website. I went to the website, answered several questions; the web site appeared to be broken, because it would not save my answers. Following day re-answered the questions. I was offered the job at a reduced rate of $9.25/hour. When I inquired about the $10.00/hour mentioned in the interview, the Store Manager said, "This is the best rate I can offer." On Saturday 1/17/2015, the store manager asked me to meet him at 2:00 PM to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form. I arrived at the store at 1:55 PM (early) and met the Assistant Store Manager who informed me the Store Manager just left; and the Assistant Store Manager couldn't access the computer to print the I-9 form and other forms (i.e. this was a waste of my time). On Monday afternoon, the Store Manager never called to apologize. I called the District Manager and explained what happened on Saturday (The Store Manager was a no show for a scheduled meeting). The District Manager said, "I don't care. It's not my problem. Go talk with the Store Manager."

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked me, "How old are you?"   1 Answer

The Store Manager didn't show for a scheduled meeting on Saturday.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

took a day and was at work within a week, went for the interview and had a 1 on 1 with the store manager. asked about both parts and automotive knowledge and management experience, if you are applying for management.

Interview Questions

• have to have parts knowledge and automotive knowledge as you have to give advice   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 hours of a creepy guy asking me questions that seemed to have almost nothing to do with the job. Halfway through the interview he proceeds to inform me of a tummy ache and goes to the bathroom for 20 mins. Same man was my boss and loved to joke around about sexually based things. Never worked a holiday, didnt know most of his job and pawned it off on the lower managers. Who, to keep the store running had to fix it.

Interview Questions

• If i knew the individual parts of brakes   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

It took about three months and several interviews and several background checks, because they kept loosing my application and background report. At the end I was send to three different stores because they didn't an opening in the district

Interview Questions

• My overall customer service experience   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

first interview with dm lasted a while. he did a lot of the talking. asked me about my background. and knowledge of cars. breaks ignition ect.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I interviewed with Brent R. He was professional and friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. We talked about knowledge for the specific job. We talked about my previous work history and experience. He asked me to relate my experience to how I would fit in at AutoZone. He asked about criminal history and driving records and we discussed using appropriate safety measures and equipment. We also talked about future opportunity within the corporation and the ability to transfer to other geographical areas. The only thing I left not knowing about was the pay scale. We will see if and when I am contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a hectic situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (New Port Richey, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

A quick background of yourself. What it is you feel a mangers role is. And understanding in automotive parts is always a plus. However a postive work habit and postie out look on life is always a plus.