AutoZone Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2012.

I applied on a Thursday, and had an interview set up by Saturday. I walked in and the first question they asked was when can you start.

Interview Questions
    They just told me how much I would make. No negotiation.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions
    • had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question
    $12.50

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Americus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Americus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2010.

I was asked a few questions about a vehicle. I also had to go to Tifton for training.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was.....What car parts operate the charging system?............not hard   View Answer
    I was given the job for part time.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   View Answer
    they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

I was taken into the backroom after waiting for what seemed like 20 minutes. Very informal relaxed manager interview style. Asked about parts of the store that I was familiar with. I was told about the uniform of the store and the most likely store hours that I may work if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Ok, I have some breaks here,(pointing to the shelf), tell me everything you know about breaks.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Questions
    • What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

Interviewed by a female & male who preferred the old style Reid techniques. Both had the really fake & bizarre personalities. They were like actors reading from a script.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult but the whole interview atmosphere was so bizarre. The female was a bit overbearing & the male had a personality like a used car dealer.   View Answer

The employees who interviewed me were too phony & scripted. They gave me the creeps & they don't even pay that well.

PSM Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyattsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyattsville, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

The interview was very simple just know the basic principle how the fuel and braking system of a car. Be sure to show leadership.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

I was promoted from a Commercial Manager position to a Store Manager. There wasn't much of an interview. I was offered the position and I accepted. I already had a good working relationship with my District Manager.

Not much of a negotiation. They offered the position at a specific salary, take it or leave it.

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AutoZone in December 2012.

the interview process was good. The interviewer asked questions to my background as well as to why I wanted to be in an automotive field. He was very kind, understanding to my outside affairs, informative to me about the company as a whole, and handled the entire process very smoothly.