AutoZone

2.3

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

I was taken into the backroom after waiting for what seemed like 20 minutes. Very informal relaxed manager interview style. Asked about parts of the store that I was familiar with. I was told about the uniform of the store and the most likely store hours that I may work if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Ok, I have some breaks here,(pointing to the shelf), tell me everything you know about breaks.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   View Answer
    they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

DIY and Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2014.

I actually appreciated the interview process as that it was one on one with the DM and direct to store manager unlike other companies that you have no direct contact with the DM and or its higher management. The overall interview was direct and to the point and the questions were understandable and correct to that process

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was trying to gather previous work dates while on the phone and trying to remember important dates etc.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy, however long. It is not like the old days of a simple interview and see ya on monday atmosphere anymore. There will be testing and testing at autozone

Psm Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview with district manager, some car questions but no experience needed.

Interview Questions
    • None. Easy interview cause the expectations are low. They didint even do my background cause they want me so bad.   Answer Question
    I came in as management but I worked entry level for a couple months. I was doing paperwork before the actual promotion but did get back pay.

Hub Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in December 2013.

Was a good interview and made sense completely. It was presented properly as I was made to feel comfortable with the whole process. The interviewer was a happy cheerful person who made you feel at ease during the process. A+

Short and sweet. I asked for 12.00 an hour and got 9.00

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview was easy, a lot of questions based on experience and sale and customer service. A long as you have a clean driving record of at least two years the rest is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when a customer was really angry with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate just flexing the hours around.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in November 2013.

They ask about your general car knowledge. Attention to detail is also critical due to the scenarios they enact and want you to provide a viable answer to. The initial call for the interview can take up to a month, and the actual hire date can come as soon as a few days to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really ask unexpected questions... It's more so about the knowledge. You must have a somewhat grip on car parts, or at least the basics, and know how they work. The rest of the knowledge is picked up through ongoing training.   Answer Question
    Not a single piece of negotiation can happen

Part Time Sales (PTS) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in November 2013.

They tell you about how Auto Zone is. They warn you about all the things that you have to do. They they start to ask about how much you know about cars. From there they ask test you about the parts on the brakes system, power steering system, heating system, cooling system, emission system, etc. Then they ask about your ours and your previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected part that they tell ask is when they give you a situation about a car and you have to answer it.   Answer Question

Psm Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

they will ask general automotive knowledge questions

Interview Questions
    • various "tell me about a time when....."   View Answer