AutoZone

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Interview Details – Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Question – What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a female & male who preferred the old style Reid techniques. Both had the really fake & bizarre personalities. They were like actors reading from a script.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult but the whole interview atmosphere was so bizarre. The female was a bit overbearing & the male had a personality like a used car dealer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The employees who interviewed me were too phony & scripted. They gave me the creeps & they don't even pay that well.

PSM Part Sales Manager Interview

PSM Part Sales Manager
Hyattsville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple just know the basic principle how the fuel and braking system of a car. Be sure to show leadership.

Interview Question – How does the master cylinder work?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was promoted from a Commercial Manager position to a Store Manager. There wasn't much of an interview. I was offered the position and I accepted. I already had a good working relationship with my District Manager.

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. They offered the position at a specific salary, take it or leave it.

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver Interview

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver

I applied online - interviewed at AutoZone in December 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process was good. The interviewer asked questions to my background as well as to why I wanted to be in an automotive field. He was very kind, understanding to my outside affairs, informative to me about the company as a whole, and handled the entire process very smoothly.

Interview Question – Why did I choose AutoZone for a job?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – Culture education, computer software training, and process

Interview Question – Something you didn't like in the old job.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Commercial Sales Manager
Hartford, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2012.

Interview Details – apply online, they will call for interview. Store manager will interview you first, then district manager, sometimes they both will hold the interview at the same time. they will ask typical questions, but also automotive knowledge. They may place you in a different city than what you originally applied for, but they will put you where needed so long as you agree.

Interview Question – there really isn't any unexpected question, they basically get down to the point. They may ask you automotive knowledge, but it is not required to have any, so you don't need to know the answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took what they gave me

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Parts Sales Manager

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Customer Service Representative (CSR)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied only on a Saturday got a phone called on Monday and started working next Monday. Hiring process was pretty fast and easy .

Interview Question – If you had a chance to write a check to your previous employer how much would that check be? And why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate just took the job.

Senior Sales Interview

Senior Sales
Coachella, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2010.

Interview Details – first you apply online, afterwards you have to wait 24 hours for it to process. as soon as the manager gets the info, and if he/she likes your background then he will interview you. if that goes well then you will get a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – do you know much about car parts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they will offer you a number, and depending on how much you know about automotive you can negotiate much higher, just as long as you can prove you know what your talking about.