AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate/Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AutoZone in December 2012.

the interview process was good. The interviewer asked questions to my background as well as to why I wanted to be in an automotive field. He was very kind, understanding to my outside affairs, informative to me about the company as a whole, and handled the entire process very smoothly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Culture education, computer software training, and process

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2012.

apply online, they will call for interview. Store manager will interview you first, then district manager, sometimes they both will hold the interview at the same time. they will ask typical questions, but also automotive knowledge. They may place you in a different city than what you originally applied for, but they will put you where needed so long as you agree.

Interview Questions
    • there really isn't any unexpected question, they basically get down to the point. They may ask you automotive knowledge, but it is not required to have any, so you don't need to know the answers.   Answer Question
    I took what they gave me

Parts Sales Manager Interview

The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2010.

Applied only on a Saturday got a phone called on Monday and started working next Monday. Hiring process was pretty fast and easy .

Interview Questions
    • If you had a chance to write a check to your previous employer how much would that check be? And why?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate just took the job.

Senior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coachella, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coachella, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2010.

first you apply online, afterwards you have to wait 24 hours for it to process. as soon as the manager gets the info, and if he/she likes your background then he will interview you. if that goes well then you will get a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    they will offer you a number, and depending on how much you know about automotive you can negotiate much higher, just as long as you can prove you know what your talking about.

Psm Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview with district manager, some car questions but no experience needed.

Interview Questions
    • None. Easy interview cause the expectations are low. They didint even do my background cause they want me so bad.   Answer Question
    I came in as management but I worked entry level for a couple months. I was doing paperwork before the actual promotion but did get back pay.

Technical Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

The interview processed consisted of 1 phone interview and 2 onsite interviews. All were fairly easy and basic knowledge of Linux could get you the job. The phone interview was with the requiter just going over your experiences and the 2 onsite interviews were panel type. After the interview you'll preform a skills test asking basic information on Linux commands

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview was easy, a lot of questions based on experience and sale and customer service. A long as you have a clean driving record of at least two years the rest is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when a customer was really angry with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate just flexing the hours around.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2013.

You interview with the Store Manager, and if you do well, you go on to interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions
    • Industry related questions about auto parts. They are very detailed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They know what they want to pay you from the get go.