AutoZone

2.3

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jacinto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jacinto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in October 2013.

I received a call from the Store Manager in a neighboring city stating they had interviews the following week at a store in another neighboring city. I went to the interview (there was at least 10-15 other applicants) and interviewed with the District Manager. At the end of the interview, he said he would check my references and background and try to give me an answer by the following week. I received a call from him yesterday offering me the job at $8.50 per hour, and that I would be receiving an e-mail or phone call from the store manager of the store where I will be working with my date to start training and filling out online paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you offer a customer if he came in asking for supplies for a tune-up?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in October 2013.

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

Commercial Driver-pt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied online to different stores and luckily, I got a call from the nearest Autozone from my home. First, I got interviewed by the Store Manager. It surprised me how unprofessional it was because we literally sat on metal chairs next to the bathrooms, yes, the bathrooms! Customers were walking out like "ok?". Anyways, the interview went well, I gave it my best and nailed it. The Store Manager told me that I was going to get interviewed by the District Manager next in a few days. I was nervous and prepared myself for the interview of my life. Turns out the District Manager was just as lazy and 'whatever let's get this over with' personality that he only asked me two questions and told me that I was going to get a call in a week if I got offered the position. If I didn't get a call in a week, I could assume it was filled by another candidate. Seven days later, I got the call. I found out later while I was already working there that you're pretty much hired if your background comes back clear and you have no pending legal stuff like tickets or convictions. Obviously, you have to do well in your interview and make sure you have no pending stuff in your legal background and you're almost guaranteed the job.
    One thing that I didn't like was that technically I applied and got called for the Commercial Driver position and even though I did drive the commercial vehicles sometimes I did more as a Sales Associate. It got me mad because they hired me for something I was interested in but ended up using me for something else. So once again, Autozone and its unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation where you had to deal with a rude customer. Or tell me a time where you exceeded your customer service expectations with a customer.   View Answer
    I asked to get paid 9.00 an hour and they said they couldn't. Cheap Autozone couldn't raise 0.25c so I got stuck with the low pay of 8.75 dollars an hour.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

The active part of the process took about 4 weeks. Everyone I spoke with was dedicated and pleasant. My only real concern with the process is that it seems that the normal method if you're not going to receive an offer is to just stop communicating with candidates. While candidates would like to win the job, it's better to tell people if they do not get the job. Just leaving people hanging isn't very professional and is inconsiderate. I actually enjoyed and had fun with the interviews but the leaving you hanging part eats up the goodwill toward the company.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical management questions regarding leadership, training, and running a business.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview was quick and simple... Walked in, had a 20 minute interview, was offered a job immediately... Started next week. Pay was non-negotiable and low. I told the manager I felt like I was worth more, he told me if I wanted the job I'd take $8.25 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever witnessed someone stealing, and how I handled it...   Answer Question

Senior Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in September 2013.

The interview started off with me telling the manager about myself. I was asked a lot of question about my knowledge of automotive parts and experience. I was also ran through some scenarios about what I would sell a customer if they were buying parts for their car, and what related items I would suggest to them. The interview lasted about one hour long.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, all the questions were not hard, because I have experience with automotive parts and management. I would suggest learning the company pledge and AutoZone values.   Answer Question
    I received a call stating that I got the job and the highest they could offer was $9.25. I did not try to negotiate because I really wanted the customer service experience.

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Had an interview at another store for a store that was currently being set up. The interview went pretty fast and was pretty easy.
    There was not a lot of questions, mostly just the usual. Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you etc etc.
    I was told that I would be doing in store work as well but that never happened, I was strictly a hub driver.
    I was also told I would be part time but have a chance to become full time, but during my year and a half there I was never moved to full time.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult questions, I felt the interview was pretty straight forward. And also felt they needed employees and thus is why I got the job.   Answer Question
    There really was no negotiation, I wanted full time but was given part time , stating that there was room for advancement.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Questions
    • What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Took a month of hoop jumping. The more I watched the manager with other employees and that managers treatment of myself I grew more and more sick to my stomach that what negativity I had heard about Auto Zone was unfolding in front of me. I am use to ethical companies that care about the people that work and drive the dollars to the stockholders.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions. I have managed larger volume stores than where I was applying. Retired early, looking for part time busy work.   View Answer

I will not waste my time or theirs on a job for an unethical company and their little games that prevent people from living a quality life and being treated with respect.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazleton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazleton, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in May 2013.

I was referred to the manager via a staffing agent. Had it not been for her, I kind of doubt that I would have even been looked at.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared overall. I guess my toughest question was what can i bring to the table without any management experience.   Answer Question
    They had none of that.