AutoZone Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was then contacted by HR to set up an interview. My interview was with 3 people(who would be on the team I would intern for.) The questions were pretty straight forward. I was contacted a couple of weeks after my interview and given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on working in private or public accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very technical. Be sure to talk sports. Many interviews including panel and one on one. very picky. Technical skills important regardless of role - they are overly emphasized.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the University of Alabama? Not sure how it relates to anything but very important within the department. Trick question.   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Rigid, yet fraught with simpletons. The quality of the workforce and management is suspect. They worry about things that are not paramount, yet ignore the differentiators that are key to success. It might be best to look elsewhere. Avoid Rixey.

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call in less than a week. The process was pretty fast. Interview was based a lot on present experience.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by a female & male who preferred the old style Reid techniques. Both had the really fake & bizarre personalities. They were like actors reading from a script.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult but the whole interview atmosphere was so bizarre. The female was a bit overbearing & the male had a personality like a used car dealer.   1 Answer

The employees who interviewed me were too phony & scripted. They gave me the creeps & they don't even pay that well.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

Recuiter searched me online and liked my profile. had a quick phone interview. Was able to schedule an extended phone interview with the hiring manager several days later and ons-ite interviews 3 days after that. even with the issues of missing some of the interviews, I was offered the job the next day. Felt like walking into home coming into the corporate office. breathing view of the mississippi. people were extremely friendly. a long time autozoner saw me sitting in the "interrogation room" stopped by and chatted with me until the official interview started. everyone was cordial and asked great questions. the lunch panel interview was new and i got to find out a lot about the team culture. Seems like a place where if you work hard or are interested in learning more...the potential is there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

still working on this part. dont' be afraid to ask for questions. i got an extension on my response deadline because i had some other items to mold over. still gathering questions to take to HR.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

The whole process took a really long time. The phone interview was really easy. The real interview was with 3 different people.

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted via telephone to interview. I went on two interviews. It takes them a really, really long time to get back to you after you interview. Of course you can already assume you didn't get it, but getting a call 6 months later to tell you this is pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions. I don't remember the details because of the stress but it was difficult.   Answer Question