AutoZone

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
  • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
  • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Part Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process I had was a little informal from what I was expecting. The interviewing store manager takes you in back and sits you down in a folding chair while asking the standard interview questions. But it's a parts store, not a lot of opportunity to have an office desk or such niceties.

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Question – had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12.50

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2009.

Interview Details – everything went smoothly because i already knew some one on the inside

Interview Question – your knowledge about auto parts   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ephraim, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2011.

Interview Details – They tell you that their going to train you. Nope they let you sit at a computer for a day and endure indoctrination... Then they throw you at the counter and say here you go don't screw up!

Interview Question – The fact they don't train you they set you up to fail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. They don't negotiate with their slaves.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AutoZone in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward with basic questions about education, automotive experience and driving/work history. The overall interview was simple and quick. Don't overthink it.

Interview Question – Dealing with difficult customers and stress   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it. $9.50/hour.

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details – You have t fill out application on line..I got a phone call in a week asking if i was interested still. Went in for first interview. and a week later a second one with the dm

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions they asked about your knowledge of cars and how things work on them and retail exp.   Answer Question

Shallotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very long process to get hired, it took a total of 3 weeks to a month before you get hired. The interview was very professional and well conducted. They make you feel very comfortable and ask you if you would like anything.

Interview Question – They ask questions about cars to see what your knowledge is, the most unexpected question was about the braking system of a vehicle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made an initial offer and they came back and we met in the middle, that was very easy and smooth.

Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

Interview Details – Process consisted of an 1:1 interview with the store manager. Interview questions based on handling pressure, meeting sales quotas, difficulties with customers/employees followed by automotive parts knowledge(for example, suspension parts)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate based on sales/customer service experience/automotive knowledge.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!