AutoZone

Very Easy Interview

Parts Driver Interview

Parts Driver
Gettysburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on AutoZone site, for Full Time store or mgr position. Was called by Store manager the same day. Went to interview next day. After talking a while, mgr advised he had no Full Time positions available. (Ok, so why did I drive out here ? ). He does, however, have a full time Driver position open, but it would only pay $9 an hr. Ok, so to get into this company, ill do it. I "ask" if he could accommodate a schedule of working no later than 5:30 pm. He stated that he always works with employees on scheduling. He suggests a schedule of 7:45am till 5. This sounds perfect. The next week, I drive 2 hours away for orientation day, to a store just above Hershey, pa. They didn't even have a room, or table or desk to sit at. Just 2 chairs in the backroom of the store next to the bathrooms. ? ? I complete the day of orientation, (monday) and go home. I call my stores mgr to ask if I start work tomorrow. He advised not until next week. This sucks, because I really need to get on the payroll. He calls back and advised that I was now on next weeks schedule for 9am to 6pm. What ? What happened to the schedule he suggested for me of 8-5 ? He says that " he can't just go and change everything around to accommodate my scheduling needs" Why he acted as if he could meet my schedule in the first place ill never know. What a waste of 3 weeks fooling around with this place. I have over 20 years in this business, I could have been working elsewhere during that time. FYI. Experience is not compensated for, and might be seen as a threat to other current employees .

Reason for Declining – Schedule promised was not met.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!