AutoZone Parts Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ. No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

it was extremely basic nothing but auto parts questions, i took a computer test as well as two interviews before i was given an offer. it was very informal and casual, almost like a chit chat with upper management. it really seemed like a formality after the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hammond, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much me being promoted to manager. I was interviewed by the district manager later she asked me what i see with autozone. I told her i want experience for future careers. She asked me how will i manage my team, i said that i will create a friendly environment and keep them on task and doing their job right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked about my management experience and automotive knowledge and the minimum pay I would except. Simple and easy going interveiw process. I was also asked if I'm comfortable installing batteries and headlights and wiper blades for customers.was also asked to have a conversation in spanish to show my Spanish proficiency as a lot of customers don't speak english

Interview Questions

• What parts are in the brake system   1 Answer

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Galveston, TX).

Interview

It was an interview mostly asking how much I was advanced in the auto parts industry, questions about certain parts of the engine were asked, my education, customer service

Interview Questions

• One question asked was,, what all consist of the cooling system, or perhaps the brake aystem   1 Answer

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

took a day and was at work within a week, went for the interview and had a 1 on 1 with the store manager. asked about both parts and automotive knowledge and management experience, if you are applying for management.

Interview Questions

• have to have parts knowledge and automotive knowledge as you have to give advice   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 hours of a creepy guy asking me questions that seemed to have almost nothing to do with the job. Halfway through the interview he proceeds to inform me of a tummy ache and goes to the bathroom for 20 mins. Same man was my boss and loved to joke around about sexually based things. Never worked a holiday, didnt know most of his job and pawned it off on the lower managers. Who, to keep the store running had to fix it.

Interview Questions

• If i knew the individual parts of brakes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Port Richey, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

A quick background of yourself. What it is you feel a mangers role is. And understanding in automotive parts is always a plus. However a postive work habit and postie out look on life is always a plus.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions

• had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$12.50