AutoZone

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whittier, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Question – If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – nothing

Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Interview Details – Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Question – What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty hectic. In the end though it all came together. They gave me a chance even with my busy school schedule and try to assist me as much as possible.

Interview Question – None, i really can't think of anything difficult or expected that day asked me.   Answer Question

Richland, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Interview Details – Basic questions about my prefernce and background. Easy

Negotiation Details – Straightforward.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – One face-to-face interview, very easy. Questions were related to car parts, breaking system, suspension system and how to handle customers.

Interview Question – None, all were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Started the next day.

Junction City, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

Interview Details – I Applied Online took about 1 week-2 weeks to call me. Went to interview took just about 20mins. Talked about cars/parts. Now waiting on Background check and Reference Check

Interview Question – Name the interior engine components   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AutoZone in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was set up in the manager's office and only lasted about 20 minutes. Went in and they asked standard customer service questions as well as basic car questions. I felt they had a pretty good work atmosphere and looked like the staff was getting a long well as a team.

Interview Question – How much do muffler bearings sell for?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was a little low.

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two managers that took about 30 minutes.
Asked me general questions about how I would handle certain scenarios.
Then they talked for a quite awhile about their policies, procedures, and what they mostly do throughout the day. Also, they ask you questions to test your knowledge on cars, etc. Tune Up.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a rude costumer?   View Answer

Marysville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy process for the interview. The store manager called me and asked when i was available for an interview. During the interview they ask basic customer service questions and make sure you dont have any visbly offensive tattoo's. They then test your knowledge of automobiles

Interview Question – List as many parts of a vehicles motor as you can   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They starting pay was minimum wage with no gurantee of any promotions in near future.

Holyoke, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Details – Ask common question about automotive and customer service

Interview Question – Everything is pretty common   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started me off at 8.25 which I believed was ok for just a part time sales associate.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!