AutoZone Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Easy and very casual. Went over basic retail questions. Very little emphasis on actual auto parts questions and knowledge of cars. Overall interview was rather short. Interview took place behind the counter and other employees were able to listen in. Not very professional at all but then again it was applying for a retail sales position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Very quick, straight to the point, and easy. Try not to over think the interview. Answer the question to the best of your ability. Allow your personality to show through.

Interview Questions

• If you and a fellow co-worker have a disagreement about a certain situation, how to you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, but somewhat unorganized interview. Manager was very nice and not threatening at all. She explained how they work as a team here and that it is very laid back. At the same time, she did the typical, "Corporate makes me ask you these questions". The questions were very standard: tell me about a time when you had an employee conflict at work, tell me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it, etc. I was asked what I was looking for as far as wages. Based on the average pay on this website, I asked for $9.50. I was told thats insanely high and that I needed to be more reasonable, so I went with $8.50. She said it may still be too high, and asked what my absolute bottom dollar is. I told her $8.32 (what I was currently making at another job). A few days later I got a call saying that she couldn't offer me any more than $8.23. I denied her offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

I was not offered anything close to what I thought this job was worth.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in August 2014.

Interview

I had to go through two Interviews in which the first one was the actual hiring one seeing if you are competent enough to fill the position and the second was just for the district manager to meet you and verify what the hiring manager saw in your potential as a perspective candidate.

Interview Questions

• I had to compare two similar products and explain the differences between the two as to which one I should sell a customer to ensure the customer had the correct product and not just sell a product for the customer to pay for the more expensive but not necessary price. In other words if the customer would be fine with the lower priced product then that would be the one I offer to him.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Whittier, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Questions

• If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   2 Answers

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hollywood, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

One face-to-face interview, very easy. Questions were related to car parts, breaking system, suspension system and how to handle customers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Started the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Junction City, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

I Applied Online took about 1 week-2 weeks to call me. Went to interview took just about 20mins. Talked about cars/parts. Now waiting on Background check and Reference Check

Interview Questions

• Name the interior engine components   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers that took about 30 minutes. Asked me general questions about how I would handle certain scenarios. Then they talked for a quite awhile about their policies, procedures, and what they mostly do throughout the day. Also, they ask you questions to test your knowledge on cars, etc. Tune Up.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude costumer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Meet two managers in two different locations with 3 interviews to discuss about the company and yourself. Speak with managers to get a job and enjoy with there business company.

Interview Questions

• How you control and work with customers of there vehicles?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A