AutoZone

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in August 2014.

I had to go through two Interviews in which the first one was the actual hiring one seeing if you are competent enough to fill the position and the second was just for the district manager to meet you and verify what the hiring manager saw in your potential as a perspective candidate.

Interview Questions
  • I had to compare two similar products and explain the differences between the two as to which one I should sell a customer to ensure the customer had the correct product and not just sell a product for the customer to pay for the more expensive but not necessary price. In other words if the customer would be fine with the lower priced product then that would be the one I offer to him.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Questions
    • If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   View Answers (2)
    nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2013.

Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Questions
    • What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

One face-to-face interview, very easy. Questions were related to car parts, breaking system, suspension system and how to handle customers.

Started the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

I Applied Online took about 1 week-2 weeks to call me. Went to interview took just about 20mins. Talked about cars/parts. Now waiting on Background check and Reference Check

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

Was interviewed by two managers that took about 30 minutes.
    Asked me general questions about how I would handle certain scenarios.
    Then they talked for a quite awhile about their policies, procedures, and what they mostly do throughout the day. Also, they ask you questions to test your knowledge on cars, etc. Tune Up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a rude costumer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview Questions
    They started me off at 8.25 which I believed was ok for just a part time sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2012.

I went to a WorkSource SCV recruitment event. We filled out online apps to work at AutoZone. They called me the next day, to go interview. I did and it went well. I was honest about my abilities. I was personable and asked questions. He said there as a background check and they would call with an offer if I was chosen and passed the background check.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if a customer has [XYZ] service issue?

[Not related to cars but just on dealing with a grump customer.]

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in August 2011.

Applied online a month prior to the interview. Application consisted of about 80 questions I think. Got a random phone call and was scheduled to come in. I recommend that you go into the interview with a basic knowledge of braking system, battery, tune-up, charge box, and ignition. But sadly I couldn't explain half of those lol but I answered to the best of my ability. Also be prepared to say why your the best candidate and what you can offer to them. Was offered the job on the spot :- ) Goodluck to anyone else who reads this

Interview Questions
    • Explain the braking system, ignition, battery, steering wheel, charge box, and tune-up   View Answer
    • Past job experience   View Answer
    based on my experience I asked for 8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

The hiring process was pretty hectic. In the end though it all came together. They gave me a chance even with my busy school schedule and try to assist me as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • None, i really can't think of anything difficult or expected that day asked me.   Answer Question