AutoZone Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, but somewhat unorganized interview. Manager was very nice and not threatening at all. She explained how they work as a team here and that it is very laid back. At the same time, she did the typical, "Corporate makes me ask you these questions". The questions were very standard: tell me about a time when you had an employee conflict at work, tell me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it, etc.
I was asked what I was looking for as far as wages. Based on the average pay on this website, I asked for $9.50. I was told thats insanely high and that I needed to be more reasonable, so I went with $8.50. She said it may still be too high, and asked what my absolute bottom dollar is. I told her $8.32 (what I was currently making at another job). A few days later I got a call saying that she couldn't offer me any more than $8.23. I denied her offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

I was not offered anything close to what I thought this job was worth.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in August 2014.

Interview

I had to go through two Interviews in which the first one was the actual hiring one seeing if you are competent enough to fill the position and the second was just for the district manager to meet you and verify what the hiring manager saw in your potential as a perspective candidate.

Interview Questions

• I had to compare two similar products and explain the differences between the two as to which one I should sell a customer to ensure the customer had the correct product and not just sell a product for the customer to pay for the more expensive but not necessary price. In other words if the customer would be fine with the lower priced product then that would be the one I offer to him.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Whittier, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one with the store's manager and one with the district manager at a different store. I got called within 3 days of submitting my application. Set up both interviews within 5 days. I also had to go to a training class the next week at a different location. Overall took about 2 weeks to hire.

Interview Questions

• If I told you to move those shelves (which were leaning up against a wall at the time) and that's all I told you, where would you put them?   2 Answers

Negotiation

nothing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Hollywood, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy. Questions about finding out what the customer needs, and you're diagnostic skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult situation with a customer you have had, and how would you handle it correctly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

One face-to-face interview, very easy. Questions were related to car parts, breaking system, suspension system and how to handle customers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Started the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Junction City, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

I Applied Online took about 1 week-2 weeks to call me. Went to interview took just about 20mins. Talked about cars/parts. Now waiting on Background check and Reference Check

Interview Questions

• Name the interior engine components   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers that took about 30 minutes.
    Asked me general questions about how I would handle certain scenarios.
    Then they talked for a quite awhile about their policies, procedures, and what they mostly do throughout the day. Also, they ask you questions to test your knowledge on cars, etc. Tune Up.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude costumer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Holyoke, MA).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They started me off at 8.25 which I believed was ok for just a part time sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I went to a WorkSource SCV recruitment event. We filled out online apps to work at AutoZone. They called me the next day, to go interview. I did and it went well. I was honest about my abilities. I was personable and asked questions. He said there as a background check and they would call with an offer if I was chosen and passed the background check.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer has [XYZ] service issue?

[Not related to cars but just on dealing with a grump customer.]

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online a month prior to the interview. Application consisted of about 80 questions I think. Got a random phone call and was scheduled to come in. I recommend that you go into the interview with a basic knowledge of braking system, battery, tune-up, charge box, and ignition. But sadly I couldn't explain half of those lol but I answered to the best of my ability. Also be prepared to say why your the best candidate and what you can offer to them. Was offered the job on the spot :- ) Goodluck to anyone else who reads this

Interview Questions

• Explain the braking system, ignition, battery, steering wheel, charge box, and tune-up   1 Answer
    • Past job experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

based on my experience I asked for 8.00