AutoZone

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had one interview, and it war brief. They asked me my parts experience and what hours I was willing to work. I was pretty much hired after that.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about illegal drug use.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They offered me more then my current job and I took it.

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in November 2010.

Interview Details – apply online and wait for a call for interview then when interviewed will be asked basic auto knowledge along with other questions based on the job applied for and will be made a job offer from there

Interview Question – none really all the questions were to be expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negatiation for me

Burbank, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2010.

Interview Details – Dress to empress. she was very nice talked a lot about herself.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Placerville, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was more about the company and what it can offer (except a decient pay plan). It seemed to just be about getting a warm body in a position as long as your physically able and could pass the background test. I did not get a good professional feeling from the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Would you accept an hourly rate of under 12.00 per hour?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Lack of pay and the sence of a "glass ceiling". The reviews withing this website were overwelming as well compared to other companies as well.

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Interview Details – Know around 5-7 parts of each category....suspension, a/c, brakes, tune up.....etc.

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview started initially via a phone conversation and after passing that rather basic question and answer it moved to a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 took approximately 1 hour and consisted of the basic customer service questions. The interview then moved on to a Q&A on knowledge of troubleshooting automotive problems. The interviewer would describe a problem and then ask for possible solutions. After the troubleshooting Q&A we moved on to naming parts of the automotive system, such as name all of the parts in the front and rear braking system. The interview ended there and awaiting a background check.

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were the automotive troubleshooting questions. I was prepared for a business interview so I was caught off guard needing to put my other skills to use in a matter of seconds.   Answer Question

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!