AutoZone Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with regional DM. Second interview with DM and two other store managers. Third interview was with HR. Experience was not hard just went with the flow of things.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your biggest accomplishments with your past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me more that what I asked for. That's always a plus.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Multiple interviews to be hired as a MIT. Met with DM,RM,LP, and HR Manager. The process consisted of a few solo interviews with the local Dm. Then it was a panel interview after with the regional management team. After that I was contacted a few days later to start my background check. That process took a few weeks. Some people I have hired after I started have taken days. It all depends on the speed of counties reporting back.

Interview Questions

• Customer service based questions as well as inventory control questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

first interview with dm lasted a while. he did a lot of the talking. asked me about my background. and knowledge of cars. breaks ignition ect.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions

• None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

The active part of the process took about 4 weeks. Everyone I spoke with was dedicated and pleasant. My only real concern with the process is that it seems that the normal method if you're not going to receive an offer is to just stop communicating with candidates. While candidates would like to win the job, it's better to tell people if they do not get the job. Just leaving people hanging isn't very professional and is inconsiderate. I actually enjoyed and had fun with the interviews but the leaving you hanging part eats up the goodwill toward the company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical management questions regarding leadership, training, and running a business.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

40 minutes of interview involving parts knowledge and retail sates experience

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I was a current Parts Sales Manager working there for about a year prior to my interview. The interview was a panel interview with the Regional Manager, Human Resources Manager and Loss Prevention Manager. Mostly basic questions about loss prevention, ability to handle stressful environments, policy knowledge and hiring/coaching employees. It lasted for about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• None really. If you've made it to that interview, you have the answers to their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my wage; they offered and I accepted. If I had to do it over again, I would have counter offered to get a higher starting wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with DM, followed by interview panel style with regional management. 2 people were missing from the interview. Questions about loss prevention, P&L statements and parts knowledge. Smile have energy. Don't necessarily need knowledge about car parts just management experience.