AutoZone Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Multiple interviews to be hired as a MIT. Met with DM,RM,LP, and HR Manager. The process consisted of a few solo interviews with the local Dm. Then it was a panel interview after with the regional management team. After that I was contacted a few days later to start my background check. That process took a few weeks. Some people I have hired after I started have taken days. It all depends on the speed of counties reporting back.

Interview Questions

• Customer service based questions as well as inventory control questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions

• None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

The active part of the process took about 4 weeks. Everyone I spoke with was dedicated and pleasant. My only real concern with the process is that it seems that the normal method if you're not going to receive an offer is to just stop communicating with candidates. While candidates would like to win the job, it's better to tell people if they do not get the job. Just leaving people hanging isn't very professional and is inconsiderate. I actually enjoyed and had fun with the interviews but the leaving you hanging part eats up the goodwill toward the company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical management questions regarding leadership, training, and running a business.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

40 minutes of interview involving parts knowledge and retail sates experience

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I was a current Parts Sales Manager working there for about a year prior to my interview. The interview was a panel interview with the Regional Manager, Human Resources Manager and Loss Prevention Manager. Mostly basic questions about loss prevention, ability to handle stressful environments, policy knowledge and hiring/coaching employees. It lasted for about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• None really. If you've made it to that interview, you have the answers to their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my wage; they offered and I accepted. If I had to do it over again, I would have counter offered to get a higher starting wage.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone (Tyler, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

You interview with the Store Manager, and if you do well, you go on to interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions

• Industry related questions about auto parts. They are very detailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They know what they want to pay you from the get go.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone (Orem, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

I was promoted from a Commercial Manager position to a Store Manager. There wasn't much of an interview. I was offered the position and I accepted. I already had a good working relationship with my District Manager.

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. They offered the position at a specific salary, take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Generally 1-2 interviews. Store manager candidates will do a panel interview before officially taking over a store. No drug test, background and driving record check were done prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• Most interviews are not standard questions. Expect more of a conversation than a traditional interview. Focus on customers-first, driving add-on sales and high energy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is negotiation on pay. Push it and wait until they say "no". When they want someone, they will pay for it.