AutoZone Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions
  • None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question
Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2011.

Generally 1-2 interviews. Store manager candidates will do a panel interview before officially taking over a store. No drug test, background and driving record check were done prior to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most interviews are not standard questions. Expect more of a conversation than a traditional interview. Focus on customers-first, driving add-on sales and high energy.   Answer Question
    There is negotiation on pay. Push it and wait until they say "no". When they want someone, they will pay for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2013.

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in February 2014.

It take about a month to get hired. It the Obama economy, you will most likely get part -time only

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. even the hiring managers don't know the first thing about auto repair or parts.   View Answer
    they make an offer, take it or leave it. no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in May 2012.

I was promoted from a Commercial Manager position to a Store Manager. There wasn't much of an interview. I was offered the position and I accepted. I already had a good working relationship with my District Manager.

Not much of a negotiation. They offered the position at a specific salary, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2013.

You interview with the Store Manager, and if you do well, you go on to interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions
    • Industry related questions about auto parts. They are very detailed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They know what they want to pay you from the get go.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

The active part of the process took about 4 weeks. Everyone I spoke with was dedicated and pleasant. My only real concern with the process is that it seems that the normal method if you're not going to receive an offer is to just stop communicating with candidates. While candidates would like to win the job, it's better to tell people if they do not get the job. Just leaving people hanging isn't very professional and is inconsiderate. I actually enjoyed and had fun with the interviews but the leaving you hanging part eats up the goodwill toward the company.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical management questions regarding leadership, training, and running a business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Initially I had a contact that currently worked for AutoZone. They thought I would be a good fit so they got me an interview with a district manager after I applied online and passed the personality test. At that time, the district manager offered me a job on the spot, and we negotiated salary, start date, etc. He actually recommended that I sleep on the offer, and make sure it was ok with my family which I thought showed they actually care. They wanted to make sure it was a good fit for me, which it was because I worked there for a few years. Overall was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward interview questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    Easy. I told them what I wanted, they gave it to me because I had experience.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

40 minutes of interview involving parts knowledge and retail sates experience

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

I was a current Parts Sales Manager working there for about a year prior to my interview. The interview was a panel interview with the Regional Manager, Human Resources Manager and Loss Prevention Manager. Mostly basic questions about loss prevention, ability to handle stressful environments, policy knowledge and hiring/coaching employees. It lasted for about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • None really. If you've made it to that interview, you have the answers to their questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my wage; they offered and I accepted. If I had to do it over again, I would have counter offered to get a higher starting wage.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!