Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

It was low key and easy. They asked a few behavioral questions so if you are prepared, it is not a problem. The in-house recruiter was a bit disorganized so if you can be prepared to move rooms, late interviewer arrivals, etc. without looking flustered,you will be that much more ahead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. The phone interview asked some basic "about me" questions as well as asked for some basic computer science knowledge (what is a linked list, hash table, etc.). The onsite interview was half a day with different members of the team and covered more advanced topics, including explaining some design patterns and very specific problems to solve.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you struggled with in school and why?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Applied on the online careers portal for Software Engineering Intern position. Got a call a month later. The manager of the project I joined later had called directly and discussed the role in detail. After that, I had 3 telephonic interviews scheduled for next week in which the interviewers mostly asked questions based on my experience and different technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI).

Interview

Process took a few months. Met with engineer at school career fair. Got a phone interview where we talked about some general object oriented programming practices (can you explain class inheritance?) and some C++ specifics (talk about memory management in C++). After the phone interview, they had me come in to the Novi office. Throughout a very pleasant day, I spoke with several engineers and other people on the Inventor team. Each person talked with me about a specific area. One portion was an Object Oriented Design session where we made the outline for the classes we would use in a program and the interviewer added new features as we went on to test how robust my solutions were. Another interview focused on more nitty-gritty C++ trivia and usage (how are smart pointers implemented, why is ++i faster than i++). Another section was your standard data structure interview, but unlike interviews with Microsoft, Amazon, etc. the interviewer was very pleasant and didn't unnecessarily add pressure to the interview. Another portion dealt with group processes, how I've worked with groups, workflows I've experienced, etc. They paid for lunch and I got a chance to talk with a couple of team members and ask them some questions. Overall, the experience was pleasant. The hiring manager ended up saying that the team held me in high regard, but business necessities pushed them to cut the funding they would have needed for my position.

Interview Questions

• Why can ++i be faster than i++?   1 Answer

PLM Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A friend re-acquainted me with a previous colleague who was the hiring manager. We had some history together, so we re-connected and he sold me on the company. Then we had a 2-hour on-line meeting where he demonstrated their product and discussed future plans. Eventually I went to their offices for 1-on-1 and to negotiate an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe my past positions, industry views, market analysis, etc.   Answer Question

This job was a little too similar to what I had been doing for many years. Sought personal growth/risks, and went a different direction.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process took over 2 months. A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Did a phone screening interview with the recruiter and a phone interview with the UX director a week later. I had a in person interview with 6 people from Project Mangers, other UX Designers, ux researchers.. basically everyone who you will be working with. The questions are mostly about your design process, and how you would handle different situations. After the interview, you are required to do portfolio presentation for everyone who you interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this project more fun and engaging? Do you have any research background?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in May 2015.

Interview

very Casual, I received an email and had a follow up phone call the day after. I applied for this position in April and recieved the email maybe a month later. After my interview, in a week, I was notified that I received the internship and received my offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• If you were walking out of the interview and you thought about one question you wish your interviewer had asked you what would that question be? What makes you qualified for this position? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you overcame it in a professional manner   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

the process went fast. It only took three days of three phone Interviews. The Interviewers are all pretty nice and didn't ask any hard questions. They also offered me lots of information about the Intern job and fairly welcomed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of the projects on your portfolio that you think represents your skills the most? (something like this, not the exact wording)   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Hiring manager was very friendly and straight forward about discussing the job profile, clarifying the tasks and very cool while interview process. Highly professional and very cool! 3 rounds with one followup task to be submitted for job role. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• tell experience matching job profile requirements, then grilled upon the answers; asked about current products.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere and people made you feel comfortable from the beginning. Flexible with scheduling. HR Dept is on west coast where I am on East, but they were extremely helpful and encouraging and made it as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of failure?   1 Answer
    • Why choose Autodesk?   1 Answer