Autodesk

Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

New Product Introduction Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk.

My resume was submitted by a referral from my former Manager and former Autodesk employee. I had an initial phone call with the Hiring Manager where I just went through my resume. She told me a little about the job. I didn't hear from them again for about 4 weeks when the recruiter finally contacted me again to schedule an in person interview. For the in person interview I met with the Hiring Manager and one other person (at the same time). The Hiring Manager asked me to go through my background again for the benefit of the other person. After I finished, she asked me if I had any questions which was surprising and not a great sign. Of course I asked a bunch of questions about the company and the position. At one point the other Manager asked me how I work in a fast paced environment, but that was the only other question they asked me during the whole interview. My suspicion is that they either already had another candidate in mind or they were only interviewing me out of courtesy to my former boss.

I never heard back from the recruiter that I did not get the position.

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in August 2014.

First had a phone screen interview with basic questions whether you know chef, puppet, other enterprise applications like jira, git, etc. Second question was about my working status. After that they asked me whether they can schedule an onsite interview. It was taken by 3 people. They tried to extract whether I was capable of working in an team and can work at odd hours. Also one of them asked me a few technical questions about unix and linux along with JIRA and Chef. Then after a few days they scheduled another interview with their off site manager.

Cloud Security Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Autodesk in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about 1.5 month later by the recruiter. Spoke with her on the phone, who gave me an overview of the position. She told me that there is no hiring manager yet because Autodesk is still recruiting for a Director level position for the Cloud Security team. However, somebody outside of the team will interview me instead.

A phone interview was scheduled by the recruiter, but 30 minutes before the scheduled interview time, the interviewer couldn’t make it. A 2nd phone interview was then scheduled. On that day, the interviewer was a no show. I contacted the recruiter and she could not find where she is (?). The following week, another phone interview was scheduled (this is now a 3rd attempt).

On the 3rd attempts, the interviewer was late so the total interview time got cut off. The interviewer asked about my skill set, but some of the discussions seems heated because she “disagreed” with my approach of implementing cloud security based on regulations and standard frameworks. As mentioned in the 1st paragraph, she is NOT in the Cloud Security team, she was tasked by Autodesk to do so until a dedicated Cloud Security personnel is hired. So it’s like you’re interviewing for an accounting position but the interviewer is in Marketing.

Anyway, I didn’t hear back from the recruiter after that. 2 emails went nowhere. After the blunder in scheduling the phone interview 3 times, the almost “hostile” discussions in the phone interview and the recruiter ignoring me, I don’t think I will want to work with Autodesk Security team.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to convince the interviewer that ISO 27001 consist of 2 separate parts - the ISMS framework and the ISO27002 controls.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Emailed asking to set up a phone interview. If not near the home office, the second round interview was a Skype interview. Final decision made shortly there after. Process was about 2 weeks. Very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2014.

I received an email and they setup an interview by phone. By phone they asked me questions about my resume, projects I have worked on and C++ experience. It seems to be that they required a C++ developer and my background and projects I have mostly worked on were not C++ oriented.

Data Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

General interview about the experience I have and projects I have done before, the hiring manger discuss a lot about the previous interns and the sepcific roles and task I did. The I talked with other members in the team, finally I talked with a sr manger in in company.

Interview Questions
    • About the softwares I have not used before,and say that they have a question to be solved   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The hiring process was long but worth it. It helps ensure they are hiring the best people. Once the interviews started, they were quick and efficient. Everyone I met with was prepared and took time to answer the questions I had. There were a mix of phone and face to face interviews.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk in May 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter. I did a phone screen with the recruiter, then a second phone screen with the hiring manager. Communication with the hiring manager was very slow, and it took more than 3 weeks to schedule the in-person interview. The interview was a pretty standard UX interview. It was an all-day interview that consisted of a portfolio presentation (1 hour), then 1:1 interviews (30 minute) with various members of the team. The 1:1 interviews were mostly about working with designers and program managers, sharing research results, and influencing without authority.

Overall, I did not think that the team was respectful of me as a candidate. The research exercise was a significant time investment, and made me quite uncomfortable since they asked me to conduct research about an Autodesk property. The hiring manager would not respond to email for a week or more. When I came in for the in-person interview, they did not reimburse me for the (quite expensive!) parking that they directed me to use. During the 1:1 interviews, only one of the interviewers gave me the opportunity to ask questions about the position or the team. After the in-person interview, it took more than two weeks for them to respond.

Interview Questions
    • The research exercise was to conduct research about an Autodesk website. You are told to choose the methodology that you will use.   View Answer

I was disappointed by the poor communication from the hiring manager and the team throughout the interview process, which made the decision easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk in May 2014.

Waiting reply for 1 month from application. Preparing phone interview for less than 1 week. And about 1 week later you will get the result. Then your work may start in a month. This is just the situation of summer intern in Novi. Most intern students are from University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Some intern from other states need find house themselves.

Interview Questions
    • No hard question in my interview, the interviewer is very nice and he may be your partner or supervisor when you get offer.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk.

The process was very long and drawn out. I dealt with an HR recruiter. After a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manger, I did have a half day of interviews with various team members.

Interview Questions
    i had heard that autodesk does not pay a competitive salary from several current as well as ex-employees, so i did go into the interview process with my eyes open on that. they severely low-balled me on the first round, but eventually we got a little closer to my target salary. unfortunately, i was told that they no longer offered RSUs at my "grade level." this was actually a main sore spot for me as i have worked in tech for well over a decade now and stock is usually part of the compensation package. two of my other top choices did offer RSUs as part of their package, but i was really excited about autodesk as a company so i went ahead and accepted the offer anyways.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!