Autodesk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email and they setup an interview by phone. By phone they asked me questions about my resume, projects I have worked on and C++ experience. It seems to be that they required a C++ developer and my background and projects I have mostly worked on were not C++ oriented.

Interview Question – Not really mostly about my resume   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer
San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – Emailed asking to set up a phone interview. If not near the home office, the second round interview was a Skype interview. Final decision made shortly there after. Process was about 2 weeks. Very friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or technical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk in May 2014.

Interview Details – Waiting reply for 1 month from application. Preparing phone interview for less than 1 week. And about 1 week later you will get the result. Then your work may start in a month. This is just the situation of summer intern in Novi. Most intern students are from University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Some intern from other states need find house themselves.

Interview Question – No hard question in my interview, the interviewer is very nice and he may be your partner or supervisor when you get offer.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Specialist Interview

IT Helpdesk Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Autodesk in July 2013.

Interview Details – There are 2 interview rounds. 1 phone and 1 in person.

The phone interview is just an introduction of yourself and what you can bring to the company. There are no difficult questions that are asked. This is a time to ask the manager about processes and applications that you will have to support.

The in person interview is a panel of 2 to 3 people. Usually the manager and and two team members. This is their time to see where you fit, force you to think critically and test how fast you are able to think. All of the questions are behavioral questions and are not based on technical skill sets. Basic teamwork questions and customer service questions. There is 1 technical question that is not too difficult at all. If you do not know the answer to it then you should not call yourself a tech. Hint: It is related to networking.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult too difficult at all.   Answer Question

Project Management Intern Interview

Project Management Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an ex-intern, applied online on Monday. Got a call the next day. Set up an interview call 2 days later i.e Thursday. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. Setup up the next interview at the end of the first call. Next interview was the very next day on Firday. Got an offer on Monday.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based on my resume. My previous experience with the organizations I worked for. Pretty much had to tell my story and how I was on top of things. Some behavioral questions based on my narration of events.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially offer a lowest scale salary for interns. Negotiated and expressed the fact that I had other offers which were paying higher and were in cities with lower cost of living. Ended up getting 30% more than what I was initially offered. Yes for an internship.

Autodesk Talent Brand and Social Media Manager responded to this review

Jun 13, 2014

Sounds like you had a good experience with the interview process. Glad you could join!

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Autodesk in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had initial phone screens with the recruiter and the hiring manager. I was brought in for a group interview with the entire team (including remote team members) and then individual interviews with all the team members and project managers, product managers and UX and Visual Designers. It was a full day.

Interview Question – I don't recall getting stumped or challenged in the interviews.   Answer Question

Data Business Analyst Interview

Data Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – General interview about the experience I have and projects I have done before, the hiring manger discuss a lot about the previous interns and the sepcific roles and task I did. The I talked with other members in the team, finally I talked with a sr manger in in company.

Interview Question – About the softwares I have not used before,and say that they have a question to be solved   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Autodesk

Interview Details – The hiring process was long but worth it. It helps ensure they are hiring the best people. Once the interviews started, they were quick and efficient. Everyone I met with was prepared and took time to answer the questions I had. There were a mix of phone and face to face interviews.

Interview Question – If I was an animal what would I be?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – The process was very long and drawn out. I dealt with an HR recruiter. After a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manger, I did have a half day of interviews with various team members.

Interview Question – most of the questions were as expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i had heard that autodesk does not pay a competitive salary from several current as well as ex-employees, so i did go into the interview process with my eyes open on that. they severely low-balled me on the first round, but eventually we got a little closer to my target salary. unfortunately, i was told that they no longer offered RSUs at my "grade level." this was actually a main sore spot for me as i have worked in tech for well over a decade now and stock is usually part of the compensation package. two of my other top choices did offer RSUs as part of their package, but i was really excited about autodesk as a company so i went ahead and accepted the offer anyways.

Intern Interview

Intern
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – I just finished the first phone interview. The interviewer was really nice but the questions were hard. I was asked 5-6 questions and some are really easy, but some are really, hm....new to me. Like he asked me what is activity and intent when you write an Android program.

Interview Question – How would you design an application if it is supposed to keep running for 20 years without rebooting.   View Answer

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!