Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere and people made you feel comfortable from the beginning. Flexible with scheduling. HR Dept is on west coast where I am on East, but they were extremely helpful and encouraging and made it as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of failure?   1 Answer
    • Why choose Autodesk?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the intern by my friend's referral. The manager made a call and asked me about my expected package. He didn't ask too much about technical questions. We talked about the package, the housing, and the entry time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple of days later was contacted by a recruiter. I had a call with the hiring manager and was then brought on site for half day of interviews with various members of the team. They initiated a background check, but 2 days into it I was informed they had decided to go with another individual, who was more experienced than me.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Autodesk in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in January, and I received a call in March. There was a brief 30-minute interview with the manager then a 45-minute technical interview with both the team and the manager. They replied with an offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about previous projects listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email after 3-4 weeks asking for a 1 hr slot. The whole process took 40 days. It went smooth and the person under whom you will be working will most likely interview you. Only one phone interview and they gave the results within a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Web security (XSS/CSRF/SQL injection), Networking related (TCP handshake, Ping), Cryptography (SSL handshake/ RSA/ DH key exchange/ Session Keys) and Operating systems (inode/ hard and soft links/ microkernel and monolithic kernel/ sticky bit user mode /kernel mode)   Answer Question

Strategic Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I have had Autodesk on my professional radar for years and have always been on the look out for appropriate positions. When this position appeared, I applied online and didn't hear back. Via social media on the Autodesk site I made an inquiry and quickly got a personal response from their Social Media & Talent Brand Manager. Andrew L. was particularly wonderful adding a real personality to the company I had already fallen in love with. He connected me to a recruiter for a phone screening where I had another positive experience with Michelle K. I wish I could say I eventually got the position but unfortunately, they went with an internal candidate instead. I am heartened by the interview experience, I KNOW I'm a great fit, and I will continue to aim to work for this great company.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with C-level executives?   Answer Question

Cloud Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I first kept in touch with my college recruiter, who helped me with my resume. I apply for various positions and got contacted by the employer. We had a 30 minute phone interview where I was asked about my resume and experience. A few days later I was contacted with an offer.

Applications Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

There were 4 phone interviews. 2 people from 2 different teams. The hiring manager on one team asked me about experience I never claimed I had and did not follow through with me. The other hiring manager seemed to like my experience from the beginning. After the phone interviews, I spoke with 2 directors and the hiring manager at an on-site interview. The interview was very positive and I received an offer in the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch our products to someone who is set in their ways   1 Answer

Negotiation

Email negotiations, asked for more base salary and advancement of vacation days

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Recruiter(s) were very helpful and friendly through out the process. They moved relatively quickly with scheduling interviews and other details and were always available to answer questions.

After several phone interviews with dev manager(s) followed 5 on-site interviews with team members from different disciplines such as PM, development, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe 'Agile' to a high school student?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Autodesk (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Long process. Recruiter pre-screen, phone interview with sales role play, 3 in person (one on one)interviews all in the same day. In person role play. Did not give enough time for 2 weeks notice at previous job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask the recruiter expected salary range and tell them your requirements. Be able to back your requirements with evidence as to why. Negotiate but be reasonable. They accepted my salary requirement which was slightly higher than what they offered.