Autodesk

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014
125 interviews

Cloud Security Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Autodesk in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about 1.5 month later by the recruiter. Spoke with her on the phone, who gave me an overview of the position. She told me that there is no hiring manager yet because Autodesk is still recruiting for a Director level position for the Cloud Security team. However, somebody outside of the team will interview me instead.

A phone interview was scheduled by the recruiter, but 30 minutes before the scheduled interview time, the interviewer couldn’t make it. A 2nd phone interview was then scheduled. On that day, the interviewer was a no show. I contacted the recruiter and she could not find where she is (?). The following week, another phone interview was scheduled (this is now a 3rd attempt).

On the 3rd attempts, the interviewer was late so the total interview time got cut off. The interviewer asked about my skill set, but some of the discussions seems heated because she “disagreed” with my approach of implementing cloud security based on regulations and standard frameworks. As mentioned in the 1st paragraph, she is NOT in the Cloud Security team, she was tasked by Autodesk to do so until a dedicated Cloud Security personnel is hired. So it’s like you’re interviewing for an accounting position but the interviewer is in Marketing.

Anyway, I didn’t hear back from the recruiter after that. 2 emails went nowhere. After the blunder in scheduling the phone interview 3 times, the almost “hostile” discussions in the phone interview and the recruiter ignoring me, I don’t think I will want to work with Autodesk Security team.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to convince the interviewer that ISO 27001 consist of 2 separate parts - the ISMS framework and the ISO27002 controls.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2014.

I received an email and they setup an interview by phone. By phone they asked me questions about my resume, projects I have worked on and C++ experience. It seems to be that they required a C++ developer and my background and projects I have mostly worked on were not C++ oriented.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Emailed asking to set up a phone interview. If not near the home office, the second round interview was a Skype interview. Final decision made shortly there after. Process was about 2 weeks. Very friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk in May 2014.

Waiting reply for 1 month from application. Preparing phone interview for less than 1 week. And about 1 week later you will get the result. Then your work may start in a month. This is just the situation of summer intern in Novi. Most intern students are from University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Some intern from other states need find house themselves.

Interview Questions
    • No hard question in my interview, the interviewer is very nice and he may be your partner or supervisor when you get offer.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Autodesk in July 2013.

There are 2 interview rounds. 1 phone and 1 in person.

The phone interview is just an introduction of yourself and what you can bring to the company. There are no difficult questions that are asked. This is a time to ask the manager about processes and applications that you will have to support.

The in person interview is a panel of 2 to 3 people. Usually the manager and and two team members. This is their time to see where you fit, force you to think critically and test how fast you are able to think. All of the questions are behavioral questions and are not based on technical skill sets. Basic teamwork questions and customer service questions. There is 1 technical question that is not too difficult at all. If you do not know the answer to it then you should not call yourself a tech. Hint: It is related to networking.

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2014.

I was referred by an ex-intern, applied online on Monday. Got a call the next day. Set up an interview call 2 days later i.e Thursday. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. Setup up the next interview at the end of the first call. Next interview was the very next day on Firday. Got an offer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based on my resume. My previous experience with the organizations I worked for. Pretty much had to tell my story and how I was on top of things. Some behavioral questions based on my narration of events.   Answer Question
    Initially offer a lowest scale salary for interns. Negotiated and expressed the fact that I had other offers which were paying higher and were in cities with lower cost of living. Ended up getting 30% more than what I was initially offered. Yes for an internship.

Autodesk Response

Jun 13, 2014Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Sounds like you had a good experience with the interview process. Glad you could join!

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Autodesk in January 2011.

I had initial phone screens with the recruiter and the hiring manager. I was brought in for a group interview with the entire team (including remote team members) and then individual interviews with all the team members and project managers, product managers and UX and Visual Designers. It was a full day.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall getting stumped or challenged in the interviews.   Answer Question

Data Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

General interview about the experience I have and projects I have done before, the hiring manger discuss a lot about the previous interns and the sepcific roles and task I did. The I talked with other members in the team, finally I talked with a sr manger in in company.

Interview Questions
    • About the softwares I have not used before,and say that they have a question to be solved   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The hiring process was long but worth it. It helps ensure they are hiring the best people. Once the interviews started, they were quick and efficient. Everyone I met with was prepared and took time to answer the questions I had. There were a mix of phone and face to face interviews.

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk.

The process was very long and drawn out. I dealt with an HR recruiter. After a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manger, I did have a half day of interviews with various team members.

Interview Questions
    i had heard that autodesk does not pay a competitive salary from several current as well as ex-employees, so i did go into the interview process with my eyes open on that. they severely low-balled me on the first round, but eventually we got a little closer to my target salary. unfortunately, i was told that they no longer offered RSUs at my "grade level." this was actually a main sore spot for me as i have worked in tech for well over a decade now and stock is usually part of the compensation package. two of my other top choices did offer RSUs as part of their package, but i was really excited about autodesk as a company so i went ahead and accepted the offer anyways.

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!