Autodesk

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – I just finished the first phone interview. The interviewer was really nice but the questions were hard. I was asked 5-6 questions and some are really easy, but some are really, hm....new to me. Like he asked me what is activity and intent when you write an Android program.

Interview Question – How would you design an application if it is supposed to keep running for 20 years without rebooting.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and work samples through their online job application. Received an email from an Autodesk recruiter a month later.

The recruiter arranged a phone interview with me and was very accommodating to my schedule. We spent half an hour having a friendly conversation on the phone. We discussed the product and ways to improve it. She asked specific questions that clarified the role and experience level. I didn't do too well on these questions since I don't have much experience in product management.

By the end of our chat it was clear I was not qualified for the job, but she was still interested in my background and asked if she could forward my information to another department that was looking for someone with my background.

Interview Question – Do you have experience estimating and managing a project budget? If so, can you describe how you managed a project's cost?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Autodesk in January 2014.

Interview Details – My experience for me was not good. I had an on site Interview and I thought the manager was rude. I was in the middle of one of my interviews with an engineer, and he interrupted it without letting me finish. He told me I had no chance and asked me to leave.

Interview Question – where are you from   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Business Partner and Od Training Consultant Interview

San Rafael, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – Long and inclusive;

Negotiation Details – Reasonable; not prolonged; you want to work for them or you do not.

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Autodesk

Interview Details – Started with 30 minute phone interview with Autodesk recruiter, followed by an onsite 3 people panel interview. All people I met in the process (from recruiters to receptionist to interviewers) were professionally dressed and very polite. The recruiters did a good job sending emails and agenda for the interview. Needs to bring personal computer to interview for a brief presentation.

Interview Question – Need to make a recommendation based on given example business case. Very little time to prepare, need to think quickly.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in December 2013.

Interview Details – Process took about three to four weeks after I posted an application on their web portal and started with a phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I was put in touch with the hiring manager and had another 30 minute screening call in which the same questions were asked (why do you want to leave your current job, why auto desk, etc.). The recruiter got back to me within 24 hours to let me know they would like to go forward with in-house interviews.

The in-house interviews consisted of 6 30-minute interviews in person with varying levels of employees and management. All of the interviews were similar in content so once I got through the first few, my answers were well-rehearsed. I felt the focus was more on how well I collaborate with different personalities rather than technical expertise, but that could be because they were comfortable with my resume experience as I was over-qualified for the position.

After the in-house interviews, I was contacted again by the recruiter within 24 hours to let me know the team liked me so much they wanted me to interview for a different, more senior role and brought me back to me 5 additional people for 30 minute interviews each the following week. The interviews were similar and all interviewers were extremely friendly. I received a written offer within 24 hours and was given 4 days to accept. I attempted to negotiate a higher salary to no avail, which they were very cordial about, and I accepted the offer anyways.

Interview Question – Describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about a difficult project you successfully led, tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how you handled it, how would your boss describe you, tell me about some experiences you have collaborating with people with differing backgrounds   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I told my current employer about the offer, they offered me financial incentive to stay for an additional 6-8 weeks. When I approached Autodesk about this, they were cordial but were not flexible on my start date or compensation. I felt they were sincere in their effort to accommodate me, but at the end of the day they weren't able to compromise. I think their initial offer was generous (and more than my current salary), so I accepted the offer anyways.

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – I submitted an application through the career portal and had an interview request within a couple weeks. I exchanged a couple emails with the hiring manager before doing a phone interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer's first question to me was "Do you have any questions?" which kind of threw me. Of course I have questions! Discussion focused almost entirely on my experience with particular pieces of software. I had to ask very direct questions to get information about the position beyond what was published in the job description.

Interview Question – Before the interviewer had said anything about the position (or anything else) I was asked "Do you have any questions?"   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2.5 weeks from submitting application online to the initial phone screen with an internal recruiter (pretty typical questions: why Autodesk, compensation range, availability).

Several days later I had a phone interview with a manager, during which we talked about my background, my portfolio, and the team & role. We set up on-site interviews for the same week. I received a UX task to complete beforehand.

On-site interviews: I met with 6 members of the team (UX manager, designers, product managers, director). I discussed my solution to the UX task, walked through a couple of projects in my portfolio, and talked about how familiar I was with the Agile development process, how I generally work with a team, how I resolved conflicts, what tech skills/knowledge I had, what I do to keep my design skills fresh, etc. Everyone was very friendly and seemed like they enjoyed being there. The office typically empties out by 5:30-6pm.

I got a verbal offer over the phone a week later and started the background check (4 weeks after I applied online). They sent over the written offer 2 days later.

Interview Question – Redesign a particular feature. I was given business & user requirements, a few things they'd looked at as part of a competitive analysis, and asked to deliver wireframes. Time limit was about 90 minutes. Not unexpected, but it was the shortest time limit I've had on a design task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was above the range I asked for, so I didn't negotiate.

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews - One with hiring manager and with other manager. Had general questions asked - walk through your resume, why product management, why Autodesk, any questions for the me?. Did not get any response, reject from them after both the interviews.

Interview Question – Which product of Autodesk do you find most interesting? Why? What would you change?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2009.

Interview Details – Autodesk bought my contract and arranged an interview to meet with management of division.

Interview Question – No hard questions were asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was shocked at what they required from contract employees. I had to get an insurance policy and they were inflexible with billing/payment options.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Autodesk

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!

Autodesk Videos

Autodesk – Why Work for Us?

Change is all around us, from a global population boom and spiraling energy costs to worldwide commoditization and climate change. The environment in which we live is rapidly shifting, and that change means opportunity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autodesk interview questions and advice. All 110 interview reviews posted anonymously by Autodesk employees and interview candidates.