Autodesk

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Cloud Development Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Autodesk.

I first kept in touch with my college recruiter, who helped me with my resume. I apply for various positions and got contacted by the employer. We had a 30 minute phone interview where I was asked about my resume and experience. A few days later I was contacted with an offer.

Applications Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

There were 4 phone interviews. 2 people from 2 different teams. The hiring manager on one team asked me about experience I never claimed I had and did not follow through with me. The other hiring manager seemed to like my experience from the beginning. After the phone interviews, I spoke with 2 directors and the hiring manager at an on-site interview. The interview was very positive and I received an offer in the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you pitch our products to someone who is set in their ways   View Answer
    Email negotiations, asked for more base salary and advancement of vacation days

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk.

Recruiter(s) were very helpful and friendly through out the process. They moved relatively quickly with scheduling interviews and other details and were always available to answer questions.

After several phone interviews with dev manager(s) followed 5 on-site interviews with team members from different disciplines such as PM, development, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe 'Agile' to a high school student?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Autodesk.

Long process. Recruiter pre-screen, phone interview with sales role play, 3 in person (one on one)interviews all in the same day. In person role play. Did not give enough time for 2 weeks notice at previous job.

Interview Questions
    Ask the recruiter expected salary range and tell them your requirements. Be able to back your requirements with evidence as to why. Negotiate but be reasonable. They accepted my salary requirement which was slightly higher than what they offered.

Programmer/Software Engineer Inter Interview

interviewed at Autodesk in November 2014.

I applied through our university and after about one week I received the invitation for a phone interview. The manager send me link to a platform and let me do live coding during phone interview. The questions were about some basic of OOP and the manager also asked me some questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I did't expected live coding for a inter job. I didn't prepare for that.   Answer Question

New Product Introduction Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Autodesk.

My resume was submitted by a referral from my former Manager and former Autodesk employee. I had an initial phone call with the Hiring Manager where I just went through my resume. She told me a little about the job. I didn't hear from them again for about 4 weeks when the recruiter finally contacted me again to schedule an in person interview. For the in person interview I met with the Hiring Manager and one other person (at the same time). The Hiring Manager asked me to go through my background again for the benefit of the other person. After I finished, she asked me if I had any questions which was surprising and not a great sign. Of course I asked a bunch of questions about the company and the position. At one point the other Manager asked me how I work in a fast paced environment, but that was the only other question they asked me during the whole interview. My suspicion is that they either already had another candidate in mind or they were only interviewing me out of courtesy to my former boss.

I never heard back from the recruiter that I did not get the position.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Autodesk in September 2014.

Talked to the hiring manager, he was very rude on the phone, didn't let me finish my sentences and keep asking about the solution of his coding problem instead of letting me think about it. He told me at some point I couldn't sort the array because the numbers could be negative ( huh ???).

Interview Questions
    • Find all couples that sums to a number in an integer array   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in September 2014.

I came to know about this position from Glassdor. Applied on the Autodesk career site. Got a call from the recruiter after a week. I was contacted for first round of Technical Phone interview after 3 days. After one week I was again asked for one more round of Technical Phone Interview. Recruiter said they want me to come for an onsite interview. Scheduled an interview for four and half hours. For an Automation QA position the interview panel had one senior development manager, one Architect, one Principal Engineer. No questions at all asked on QA Process/Automation Process. I was wondering for what position was I called for the interview and was surprised if I have to write Automation codes or design spacecraft. Few questions I was asked are - Write a Program to find the distance between a circle and a square on a drawing board. Write a program to print all the nodes of a binary tree. Find out the big o notation of a nested loop. What XML request is sent when a website is called. The detailed parameters sent in url, header and body. Looks like they are already decided to hire someone but to show management that they did a choice out of X people for the sake of interview formality they call people. It's a process of rejection not a selection. Not sure if this is what the policy followed for all similar jobs or it was specific only for me because they had already decided not to hire before interview and looks like they had already finalized someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Write a Program to find the distance between a circle and a square on a drawing board. Write a program to print all the nodes of a binary tree. Find out the big o notation of a nested loop. What XML request is sent when a website is called and what exact response comes in XML. The detailed parameters sent in url, header and body for both the request and response.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in September 2014.

Attended 2 rounds of phone interviews and mostly conceptual and programming questions and I did well in the phone interviews. They were supposed to schedule F2F and I did not hear back from them if they are still continuing with the hiring process or role. I understand role might be on hold or filled internally, at least communicate to candidates about your process and decision. Whether candidates or hiring managers, everyone's time is important!

Premium Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Autodesk in September 2014.

Position was sent to me from a Senior Recruiter via Linkedin. I responded that I was interested and scheduled a phone call that day. The phone call was good, but mainly targeting my interest and anything that wasn't already on Linkedin. He stated that he would be a scheduling a interview with the Hiring Manager. It ended up being a face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager and it went extremely well. He then coordinated two more interviews to vet my abilities. The following phone interviews were between 45min to an hour and were on back to back days. The questions were very technical based including real existing problems that I would need to solve on the job. About a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions related to the products   View Answer