Autodesk

Updated Sep 8, 2014

Commissions Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2013.

Recruiter was very reponsive and worked on sheculing interviews around my free time. The interview was a phone interview. The department manager was very professional.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2011.

Interviewed with the hiring manager and a few other people.
    Quite straightforward :
    - tell me about your experience
    - why Autodesk
    etc ....

No negotiation really - they weren't willing to budge.

Principal User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Oswego, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in June 2013.

I discovered the position via LinkedIn and applied on the website. HR contacted me about a week later. They scheduled a 30 min phone screen with the hiring manager for a few days later. The phone call ended up lasting 1hr 15 minutes.

HR called me a few days later to say they wanted to fly me in for an in-person interview. It took a week to schedule that and there were times I didn't hear back from HR for a few days.

My on site interview was from 8am to 4:30pm. I had 6 1:1s, lunch, and a 1-hr portfolio review. The hiring manager said they had to interview 2-3 more people and I would hear back within 2 weeks. HR called me the next day to say they wanted to move forward and asked for my references and to complete a background check.

HR asked me about salary requirements and when I could start & relocate? She said the hiring manager would like me to relocate in 4-5 weeks. They sent me an email explaining benefits. I had confirmation from my references that they were contacted. HR said the background check could take 2 weeks - so now I'm waiting for it to come back to see if I will be getting an offer. I would hate to have gone through all of this and not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked difficult questions, but the panel did ask a lot of questions during my presentation.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  California City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in November 2012.

one phone interview - two in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a really difficult questions, but I did have to use the product and submit a simple design.   Answer Question

Another better offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

Very detailed with 5 people interviewing you.
    Sometimes you might have the same questions being repeated.
    Few Algorithmic and Data Structures related ones.
    Some about system internals.
    Mostly about what you have done so far and how you tackled various scenarios

Interview Questions
    In my case there was no room for negotiation as it was in the range that I asked for.

Intern - Factory Design Suite Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in April 2013.

I applied online to a position and got an email from them to discuss the internship project with me. It was a phone interview which lasted for about an hour. I was interviewed by a panel of two. One of the best phone interviews I had. The interviewers reviewed my resume beforehand and asked me questions related to my projects, technical skills, programming experience and some computer science concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Design questions such as designing a new york city subway   Answer Question

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk in March 2013.

I applied via linkedin profile and i got the callback from a recruiter in two weeks for a phone screen. Phonescreen roughly lasted for about 40mins and it went very well; I spoke to an engineer who's very friendly and knowledgeable.
    Next day recruiter reached out to me and shared the feedback was very positive and gave a headsup that i should expect to hear from scheduling team for an onsite schedule in the next few hours. After two days i didn't hear from scheduling, i sent a followup email. Following day i was asked for an onsite availability and an all day onsite was scheduled at their one market office. I met with roughly 7 people from 10:00AM to 4:30pm and this too went really well. Within two days recruiter reaches out to me and shares the company benefits brochure, tells me feedback was very positive and the team would like to have me onboard, about the plans to send an offer and inquires what i am making with my current position.

I was very honest about my pay with my current employer and explained how their pay structure is different than other firms, how/why i liked the job@autodesk, the team and emphasized salary is negotiable and am open to take a paycut. To be honest, i had the same conversation with recruiter well before the phone screen was scheduled. The next day, recruiter reaches out to me and asks if i could share a paystub to validate my pay with present employer, which i promptly sent. This is where the fun begins.. the next day recruiter calls me up and shares the info that hiring manager would like to kickoff the background check in parallel to fasten the process and have me take another 40min phone screen with a person in their singapore office.

I was little surprised by change in the course, though i took the phone screen and then i was invited for another onsite for 3hrs next day. I met with 4 more persons of the team and this was a panel. After two days i get a system generated email saying how awesome my skillset was and how much they enjoyed the conversation, but they had to pass me for another candidate.

While i understand there could be different factors in selecting candidates or overturning the earlier decisions, I felt it was downright stupid approach to mislead a prospective applicant have them share sensitive information such as social and then retract the verbal offer(?). You could just be honest about your decisions.

Overall i felt there's no transparency or clarity in the entire process. The real ticker here is the reqid in the interview sheet and emails were different. When asked why is that, i was told by hiring manager that they have multiple positions open and the panel has people from different teams. So, being said that i think it was fair for me to say, it was purely illogical and haphazard interview experience i had so far.

Interview Questions
    • How could you transfer chunks of files (>1TB) over network and how would you design a solution ?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

- Applied on the company site
    - HR got to me after 1-2 months due to christmas and new year's. She put me through to Sr, Product Manager
    - 30 min phone interview with Sr PM. He put me through to Director of Product Management
    - Director of PM had a 15 min chat. Seemed they were looking for a more experienced person and had already made a decision regd me and just wanted to check if I had the experience the required.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. General Product Management questions.
      What does Product Management mean to you?
        Answer Question
    • Tell me about your current role ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

two rounds of phone interview. Talking about projects that have done before.

no negotiation

Marketing & Strategy Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Autodesk.

The most difficult interview out of 30 I've had before landing a job with another firm. The company did not test any specific skill or ability to do the job for which I was interviewed. Instead, I was asked extremely vague questions to test my 'thought process'.